NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Anyone else notice how fasts the refs were blowing whistles to stop the clock in the second Q before inbounds if it bounced away from the team? I did..

** I'm not saying it was rigged .. Don't believe in that bullshit. Just hard to ignore**

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    yes im sure players and coaches earning millions are going to risk all that money, their careers and jailtime just so they can put down 5k on the total at 5Dimes
    kinda like christians that act like they believe there's a heaven and they are going there when they die, yet they always put on their seat belts and look both ways before they cross the street. paid much.
    Horrible analogy.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    He was referring to Doc Rivers
    Homie is one of the dumbest people on this forum. He makes the dumbest threads and dumbest comments I have ever seen..smh

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Anyone else notice how fasts the refs were blowing whistles to stop the clock in the second Q before inbounds if it bounced away from the team? I did..

** I'm not saying it was rigged .. Don't believe in that bullshit. Just hard to ignore**

I noticed the complete opposite in the 4th quarter... a few times the ball bounced away and it took them 4 seconds to get the ball to the inbound guy, shot clock didnt start till the inbound guy got the ball yet the gameclock kept running. Not saying you dont have a point because you do, and Ill explain... I love watching the NBA playoffs, whether I have a bet on the game or not. One thing I notice, the refs seem to change the way they call the game depending on how close or far away the current score is to the spread and total. This goes a long way in explaining why Vegas seems to predict the lines so accurately, and why the line and total always seem to come down to the last minute or 2. When you noticed this happening in the 2nd quarter, the total was on pace for less than 200 pts, over 12 pts off the closing line!!! When I noticed the opposite, late in the 4th qtr, the total was on pace to go slightly over. It is quite obvious there is a certain level of rigging going on. Most of the time, I dont think the refs are intentionally rigging the score or the total one way or the other, I think they are rigging it to be as close as possible to the final spread and total.... the reason is to keep as interested!! Face it, action is why 98% of us gamble... when it comes down to the final minute almost every time, we are hooked!! Its action, and without gambling, the interest in the league isn't as high.

jtoler

Its mostly about ratings, whem teams are behind a margin refs blow the whistle a little quicker for the losing team to get game a little closer so viewers will stay tuned.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Its mostly about ratings, whem teams are behind a margin refs blow the whistle a little quicker for the losing team to get game a little closer so viewers will stay tuned.
    agreed, but gambling has a bigger impact on the ratings than you think.

STAX

Some of these coaches are in on the rigging too. The sub-patterns of some of these guys should be investigated. I routinely see coaches pull out guys directly after they hit a two 3's and then get a steal and a layup. I see it all the time and it baffles my mind. I play some daily fantasy sports, so you really get a good feel for this. Ill see players single handedly get their team back in the game with a run of a couple baskets and a couple steals or something like that, and for whatever reason they get taken out unexplicably... Ill never forget a game late in the year between Toronto and Detroit. Pistons were beating Raptors by 18 points a few minutes into the 3rd quarter. Toronto coach calls timeout and makes a few subs (Detroit opened the 2nd half on a nice run and Toronto coach pulled a few starters early in the 3rd). One of the guys he subbed in was Patrick Patterson. Toronto made up a few baskets, and then Patterson proceeds to go on a 9-0 personal run, he hit 2 threes back to back, then got a steal and hit a layup with a foul... After the foul shot cut the Detroit lead from 18 down to 6 there was the mid-quarter TV timeout. After the TV timeout, Patterson was back on the bench!!! He literally played 3 minutes, scored 9 points, and helped cut a 18 pt lead down to 6 in about 3 minutes!!! He couldnt have been tired... He wasnt hurt... it made me sick! Pistons ended up building the lead back up to double digits by the time the quarter was over.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Business as usual for the NBA

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Give it up zen.... Keep picking winners stop trying to make something out of nothing

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by afgballer56 View Post
    it would be too risky to fix a game and have players involved
    the refs might have a hand in fixing but i doubt the players would.
    its too risky and too much too lose
    i
    whatever babbling bullshittt people conjure up, one thing is a fact and undisputed as well. players are not fixing games in the NBA. Period of the story. Good luck!

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

Just enjoy this one

At the end of the 4th quarter

Sem Título1.jpg
    Sem Título2.jpg

22 points in one minute

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Sounds just like every other NBA game I've ever bet on

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

If you don't think NBA is rigged, then read Tim Donaghy's book, Personal Foul.

Donaghy was a 13-year veteran NBA referee that bet on games, sold inside info to the mob, and degraded the game in every way.

He told how certain refs hated certain coaches or teams and would make them lose.

He described how refs would bet amongst each other, things like first ref to call a foul loses - so there would be 10 minute stretches to start games with no fouls but 3-second violations and the like.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post

Donaghy was a 13-year veteran NBA referee that bet on games, sold inside info to the mob, and degraded the game in every way.

He told how certain refs hated certain coaches or teams and would make them lose.

He described how refs would bet amongst each other, things like first ref to call a foul loses - so there would be 10 minute stretches to start games with no fouls but 3-second violations and the like.
    Exactly

And people call me an idiot when I say there is a script

I have seen these scripts with my own eyes

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I believe in sports being rigged to some degree. But if your Rockets how do you lay down and blow that gm?!? Terrible spot for Dips coming off a tough series they barely squeezed thru and no Paul. Rockets are truly who we have always thought they were a soft loser team.

Interesting playoffs indeed this year with not any champion pedigree from a TEAM standpoint anywhere, just a handful of individuals. And 3 of 4 home teams in 2nd rnd have already put themselves in must win spots going into gm2. Where "amazing" happens lol

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Kind of hard to determine what the script calls for at this point. But I would say if you are a fan of Hawks, Grizz, or Wiz the league wants no part of your franchise repping in the finals. So good luck with that!

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

There was nothing rigged last night. Just a tough beat for Under backers. Let's not overcomplicate things here.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

anyone crying the game is fixed is just a sore loser

i feel my over 211.5 win was totally deserved and anyone who disagrees can suk it

never seen so many cry babies on sbr, when guys lose a bet they cry "fixed! fixed!"

OP is an idiot

just stfu already with this nonsense

ZetaPsi808

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Exactly

some interesting people we have here at sbr

ZetaPsi808

on a lighter, friendlier note --

zenyatta, who do you like in tonights games?

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

So sad how simple some people are here. As soon as something does go as they expect or doesn't go like "normal" whatever normal is, then it has to be a fix. Give me a fukking break.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Exactly

believe me Frog, you are nothing but an idiot. No offense.

Briefcase
    Briefcase's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Clippers were 1-13 during 1h from 3. Both teams were below 70% ft in 1h.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post

Thats nothing alarming Ive always said refs sway the game, its obvious especially in college bball, but thats different from saying coaches and players. Donahue was rigging and betting on games his whole career.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

If any series from here will be tampered with wait for east conf finals. Wiz should advance past this rnd but even if Atl wins its end of line for these 2. No way either gets past Bulls or Cavs and appear in finals. Hoping Wiz make short work of this series 5 maybe 6 games tops to hopefully get best series price to fade them next rnd. That will be the 1 series I expect leagues henchmen to have mostinfluence when necessary.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    If any series from here will be tampered with wait for east conf finals. Wiz should advance past this rnd but even if Atl wins its end of line for these 2. No way either gets past Bulls or Cavs and appear in finals. Hoping Wiz make short work of this series 5 maybe 6 games tops to hopefully get best series price to fade them next rnd. That will be the 1 series I expect leagues henchmen to have mostinfluence when necessary.
    man I'd give my left nut for Atl to make it to the finals just to see what the conspiracy theorists would say then.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Atl, Wash, Memphis all dead men walking both from either play or politics. And throw Rocks in as well even if they survive L.A. the Warriors own their pathetic asses. It's a 4 team race in reality at this point in my opinion.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Houston did not play as a team last night. There is no chemistry.
    You got Dwight being Dwight. Harden is all about Harden.
    No real playmaking.. and no idea what to do with the ball, this is why
    they turned it over like 30 times. Bunch of guys playing street ball on the fly.
    They were exposed last night by a better coached team with more chemistry
    that knows what to do with the ball when it matters and doesn't make sloppy mistakes.
    Houston still had the lead most of the game despite of all this and it made them
    think they could lala their way into an easy win.
    It's over for Houston. This has nothing to do with a fix because the referees had absolutely
    no impact on the game last night. None. And there's no way the players would be involved
    because knowing them the secret could not be held and they are all loaded anyway.

DRB
    DRB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

I tend to agree with TheLangster as to the overall absurdity of NBA players ( yes I know about Joey Crawford)
    fixing games for even low 5 figures. ( I think James Harden was hiding INSIDE his beard )

The guys that don't even play make almost 2 million a year to PRACTICE with the starters and to maybe play a few minutes at garbage time ( that is an unknown with the fouling shenanigans last nite ) or in the case of multiple injuries/suspensions -
    like when Pat Ewing and half the Knicks were suspended against the Pacers in the mid 1990's)

I just don't really enjoy the game as a fan or a bettor and the volume of bets I make nowadays is a fraction of even 5 years ago.
    It's there , it's bogus, but we bet because it is in our blood.

Halfapointoff
    Halfapointoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1158

I'm sure if they were rigging it to go over they wouldn't blatantly make it obvious for an SBR poster to be the whistle blower.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    I tend to agree with TheLangster as to the overall absurdity of NBA players ( yes I know about Joey Crawford)
    fixing games for even low 5 figures. ( I think James Harden was hiding INSIDE his beard )

The guys that don't even play make almost 2 million a year to PRACTICE with the starters and to maybe play a few minutes at garbage time ( that is an unknown with the fouling shenanigans last nite ) or in the case of multiple injuries/suspensions -
    like when Pat Ewing and half the Knicks were suspended against the Pacers in the mid 1990's)

I just don't really enjoy the game as a fan or a bettor and the volume of bets I make nowadays is a fraction of even 5 years ago.
    It's there , it's bogus, but we bet because it is in our blood.
    James Harden was not himself yesterday. He looked flat footed and he was not the aggressor he usually is. There is no one on the Clips that can guard him if he wants to go off. It looked like he tanked Game 1. But, the Rockets are still -6.5 for the 2nd game after that embarrassment in Game 1?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntFather View Post
    James Harden was not himself yesterday. He looked flat footed and he was not the aggressor he usually is. There is no one on the Clips that can guard him if he wants to go off. It looked like he tanked Game 1. But, the Rockets are still -6.5 for the 2nd game after that embarrassment in Game 1?
    Obviously they will be favored by that #. The clips got the game they needed and can rest Paul. It's the same # as game 1 before Paul was announced out.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Obviously they will be favored by that #. The clips got the game they needed and can rest Paul. It's the same # as game 1 before Paul was announced out.
    But they rested Paul and the Clips still won big?

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nothing is the same as Game 1, Clips proved they can beat Rockets without Paul.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Rockets should win and cover. It's no big. Deal. They ain't winning this series.

First 123 Last