Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

2 Experts Give Advice On The Big Fight

Boyz,

Spoke to 2 guys whose gambling opinions I really trust.

First guy is an experienced boxing trainer. Lives and breathes the fight game. Told me that Mayweather is simply too good to bet against. A much more skilled fighter than Paq. Floyd Jr treats his body as a temple, never smoked, drinks, does drugs. Trains consistently and never once got out of shape. The best defensive fighter maybe of all time. Too proud of his legacy to consider taking a dive (even to set up a rematch). Wants to retire having never been beaten. As in any fight, there's always the possibility that Jr takes one to the chin and gets KO'd.......but he doesn't see it happening. Take Mayweather.

The second guy is a savvy professional sharp who gambles for a living. He says that he is concerned that Mayweather is only 2-1. Doesn't make sense to him. An undefeated master against a guy who's been beaten 5 times. Says Mayweather should be a 4-1 chalk. The sharp's belief is that whenever the odds don't seem to make sense, there's something going on that we don't know about. I asked him if maybe the odds were low because of all the big-time Asian $$ coming in on Paq. He says it would be offset by sharps stateside. My guy doesn't believe that Floyd and Paq would be in on a fix. However, should the fight go the distance (and it's favored to do just that) there is a tremendous vested interest in Paq winning a decision, even if it's a controversial one. If Mayweather were to soundly beat Paq, there will be no great demand for a rematch (worth probably even more than this cash cow.) If Paq wins a close one, tremendous rematch demand. Sharp guy believes Paq can hang in there and throw enough punches to warrant a decision from the notoriously crooked Vegas judges.

Are you confused? I was. So I decided to bet less than I intended........on $$Money. Time will tell.

As always, best of luck,
    Harry

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I can see Fliyd getting screwed by the judges like guy two says. Pac will try to look like the aggressor which always sway public minds into thinking the aggressor is winning. Ive seen Floyd tentative before, cant do that here, cant play catch up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Everyone wants Floyd to lose which could hurt him

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Great post Harry. Thanks for the info.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Boyz,

Spoke to 2 guys whose gambling opinions I really trust.

First guy is an experienced boxing trainer. Lives and breathes the fight game. Told me that Mayweather is simply too good to bet against. A much more skilled fighter than Paq. Floyd Jr treats his body as a temple, never smoked, drinks, does drugs. Trains consistently and never once got out of shape. The best defensive fighter maybe of all time. Too proud of his legacy to consider taking a dive (even to set up a rematch). Wants to retire having never been beaten. As in any fight, there's always the possibility that Jr takes one to the chin and gets KO'd.......but he doesn't see it happening. Take Mayweather.

The second guy is a savvy professional sharp who gambles for a living. He says that he is concerned that Mayweather is only 2-1. Doesn't make sense to him. An undefeated master against a guy who's been beaten 5 times. Says Mayweather should be a 4-1 chalk. The sharp's belief is that whenever the odds don't seem to make sense, there's something going on that we don't know about. I asked him if maybe the odds were low because of all the big-time Asian $$ coming in on Paq. He says it would be offset by sharps stateside. My guy doesn't believe that Floyd and Paq would be in on a fix. However, should the fight go the distance (and it's favored to do just that) there is a tremendous vested interest in Paq winning a decision, even if it's a controversial one. If Mayweather were to soundly beat Paq, there will be no great demand for a rematch (worth probably even more than this cash cow.) If Paq wins a close one, tremendous rematch demand. Sharp guy believes Paq can hang in there and throw enough punches to warrant a decision from the notoriously crooked Vegas judges.

Are you confused? I was. So I decided to bet less than I intended........on $$Money. Time will tell.

As always, best of luck,
    Harry
    The 2nd guy doesn't realize how much asian and tainted American money is on Pacman in this fight. He needs to stop over thinking and bet anything he can afford on Mayweather cause he should be -400+.