ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

just take the dog and the points

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Too early for this. Betting this now is suicide.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Are you kidding me? Cowboys will beat down the Eagals again next Saturday. What a perfect scenario for Dallas. A short week and the Eagals will now have less time to practice and rest. Eagals have been outscored 44-16 in the two meetings vs the Eagals. If anything take the under in this game Dallas defense playing the best in football right now.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Cowboys will beat down the Eagals again next Saturday. What a perfect scenario for Dallas. A short week and the Eagals will now have less time to practice and rest. Eagals have been outscored 44-16 in the two meetings vs the Eagals. If anything take the under in this game Dallas defense playing the best in football right now.

Dallas dominated every aspect of the game and will again next week. Their #1 scoring defense has shut down the top 3 offenses in the NFL to their lowest season output over the past four weeks with two straight shutouts including Philly who was on a 6 game winning streak and averaging 30 pts/game. Their offense holds the ball and has so many weapons it looks unstoppable. Most important of all, Dallas is playing with confidence and peaking at the right time.

Who wants to play Dallas now? No one.

Jag8917
    Jag8917's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still pondering whether to bet this. If I do, I'm taking Dallas. Eagles can't score against Dallas and for some reason this board thinks otherwise...

BadBeatBodog
    BadBeatBodog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post

Who wants to play Dallas now? No one.
    Heh. Maybe the team that just beat them IN Dallas?

Cornerback
    Cornerback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles didn't play their blitz defense in the first half. They played soft, only rushing four. In the second half they put more pressure on Romo and only gave up 1 TD. Like Romo said, he's going to see a different defense on Saturday.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Before anyone mentions the crap, "You can't beat a team 3 times in the same season". Here's the stats. The article below is old and was before the Pitts-Ravens game last season, so I pencilled it in below and modified the numbers in the article by one game. Also, I think the numbers are even more convincing when the 2-0 team gets the loser again at home.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.19ede6b.html

Since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970, there have been 19 times when a team went into a playoff game with a chance to complete a three-game season sweep, according to STATS, Inc. Those teams are 12-7. Here are the previous matchups, with the team that won both regular-season games listed first, along with the postseason result:

Season Teams Result
    1982 Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets Won
    1983 Seattle Seahawks vs. Los Angeles Raiders Lost
    1986 New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins Won
    1989 Houston Oilers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Lost
    1991 Kansas City Chiefs vs. Los Angeles Raiders Won
    1992 Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Diego Chargers Lost
    1993 Los Angeles Raiders vs. Denver Broncos Won
    1994 Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears Lost
    1994 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns Won
    1997 New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins Won
    1997 Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Won
    1998 Dallas Cowboys vs. Arizona Cardinals Lost
    1999 Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars Won
    2000 New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles Won
    2002 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns Won
    2004 St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks Won
    2004 Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings Lost
    2007 Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants Lost
    2008 Steelers vs. Ravens won

MikeZaW
    MikeZaW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Probably have to go with Playoff experience and pts here .....

BadBeatBodog

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Before anyone mentions the crap, "You can't beat a team 3 times in the same season".
    There seem to be two opinions you can take about facing a team three times in a season:

1) Beating a team twice in a season is hard enough, but three times is too much.
    2) If team A beat team B twice already, team A probably holds some kind of edge

I don't think either side is always right, since every matchup will be different, but number two seems more logical to me. Number one falls into the same category as a team being due for a win, IMO.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dallas will cover again, they are really playing well and Phila peaked already.

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeatBodog View Post
    Heh. Maybe the team that just beat them IN Dallas?

You're right, the Eagles have Dallas right where they want them...lost at home in November, got shutout and had 37 yards rushing yesterday, can't stop the Dallas rush or pass, and have a short week with another trip to Dallas after blowing a bye and home playoff game.

BadBeatBodog

I'm talking about San Diego obviously...

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeatBodog View Post
    There seem to be two opinions you can take about facing a team three times in a season:

1) Beating a team twice in a season is hard enough, but three times is too much.
    2) If team A beat team B twice already, team A probably holds some kind of edge

I don't think either side is always right, since every matchup will be different, but number two seems more logical to me. Number one falls into the same category as a team being due for a win, IMO.
    When somebody starts betting on a team because "They're due", I know a sucker when I see it.

KKoz9

Oops, I read that wrong.

I assume you mean San Diego?

I'm sure Dallas would welcome a rematch.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

ill take the eagles +4 thank you very much

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I would lean Eagles also

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You have a team who is playing at home, and has pretty much sahttered their "can't win in December" myth. A team that just defeated their opponent to win the NFC East. A team that has defeated their opponent twice already this season. A team that is playing like a team for the first time this season. Dallas looks very good, but it is playoff time now.

Philly had won 6 straight going into that game. Every win can against non-playoff teams. Their record against playoff teams is 0-4. Reid and McNabb are known to choke under pressure, but always seem to do well in their 1st playoff game, be that at home or away.

This game is a pass, unless something dramatic happens during the week. Dallas is the better team right now, but can they sustain the momentum into the playoffs? One thing is for sure. The Eagles are NOT the play. As many of you may know, or should know, sometomes the best wager is no wager.

Brocc
    Got Surf
    Brocc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4585

There's no way Dallas will play like they did yesterday, on the other hand there's no way the Eagles fix all the things that went wrong.

Whirlaway
    Whirlaway's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Philly +4 for me

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Brocc View Post
    There's no way Dallas will play like they did yesterday, on the other hand there's no way the Eagles fix all the things that went wrong.
    Dallas has been playing like this for several weeks now.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

eagles looked awful on purpose yesterday. they didn't care about the bye or the home game. they'll be firing with both barrels next weekend!

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    eagles looked awful on purpose yesterday. they didn't care about the bye or the home game. they'll be firing with both barrels next weekend!
    If the Eagles didn't care about beating the Cowboys yesterday, they won't care about beating them Saturday. Thing is they do care, yet they can't do anything about it. Dallas owns them this year.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

I can never bet on a team that McNabb is the QB. He sucks. They blew a chance to get a bye week, the second seed and a home playoff game.

Pulling a no-show yesterday seems only fitting that they get knocked out in the first round, on the road.

I ****ing hate the Cowboys but I hope they kill Philly Sunday again.

slacker00

Don't blame McNabb, this Dallas D is emerging. Watch them dispatch the Eagles, then end Favre's career then do the same thing to Warner back home in Dallas. I can't wait to see what they do with the Chargers in the Super Bowl. I hate Dallas too, but this is a team peaking at just the right time;

alka07
    alka07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

eagles

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Ha damn kids you put money on the Eagles next saturday you will be losing money again. Eagles are probably the most overrated team in the nfl. Seriously who have they beat? This so called high powered offense who have they put these points on? The giants, chiefs, tampa big deal. In 2 games vs dallas they have scored how many points kids 16. Eagles have no running game and depend on the deep ball. Problem is Wade Phillips has this Dallas defense playing the best in football right now. They have now held the Saints, Chargers and Eagles to all of there season lows. Not to mention those are the 3 best offenses in the NFL. You don't want to go into the playoffs with the mind set the Eagles have. Getting blown out with more on the line like the Eagles had. Look for the same come next Saturday a domination by the better team Dallas.

balman
    balman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1451

Dallas small wager at -4 if line hits -3 or below then i will bet big on Dallas

Jag8917
    Jag8917's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    Yeah right. They had the same thing to play for as did the Cowboys and the Cowboys whooped them.

1234 Last