Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

Verne Gagne dies the same week we have MLB in an empty stadium

Got me thinking back to the AWA's Team Challenge Series. Remember how some of the matches were taped in a studio with no fans?

image.jpg

image.jpg

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I remember watching AWA decades ago. I believe I watched it on ESPN? I don't remember Verne Gagne. I remember Curt Hennig. Larry Hennig. Larry Zbyszko.

And I know I'm not drunk right now... and not on anything. But wasn't his wrestling name Curt Henning? But everywhere it's Hennig.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I remember watching AWA decades ago. I believe I watched it on ESPN? I don't remember Verne Gagne. I remember Curt Hennig. Larry Hennig. Larry Zbyszko.

And I know I'm not drunk right now... and not on anything. But wasn't his wrestling name Curt Henning? But everywhere it's Hennig.
    Yeah I liked the days of the AWA when Curt Hennig and Larry Zbysko were there. Watched it on ESPN all the time. Too bad it really went downhill at the end. Verne should have packed up shop sooner.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Verne couldn't keep up with the times. He had Hulk Hogan, but refused to put the belt on him because he didn't fit the mold of the traditional wrestler. Vince McMahon scooped him up and put the belt on him in less than 2 months.