Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Colorado Rockies Worth a Shot at 150 to 1 to win World Series

Line up is as good as any in baseball.

Rockies can be just about unbeatable at Coors.

RHP pitcher Gray is thought of by many as the #1 prospect in all of baseball. Him and fellow fireballer Butler should fill out the #3 and #4 spots behind 2 proven pitchers De La Rosa and Chacin. Chacin won 15 games 2 years ago and he has found a new work out regimine to strengthen the smaller muscles in his back and rotator cuff to keep his arm feeling good and injury free.

Both Gray and Butler can hit 100mph on the radar gun.

Jordan Lyles has a nice sinker and knows how to pitch at Coors so he is a good #5 starter.

The Bullpen was improved with the addition of Jairo Diaz a 23 year old flame thrower they got in a trade that sent Rutledge to the Angels.

This line-up is sick and includes seasoned clutch bench players Delcalso and Stubbs.

1. Blackmon/ Stubbs CF
    2. Dickerson LF
    3. Tulowitski SS
    4. Gonzalez RF
    5. Morneau 1B
    6. Arenado 3B
    7. Rosario/ Hundley C
    8. LeMathieu/ Delcalso 2B

wouldnt you love to fill out that line-up Card everyday??? that line-up is as good as the Tigers and Red Sox when they play at Coors.

If the pitching prospects are as good as advertised Walt Weiss might challenge the Dodgers for the NL West crown.

Only problem is many of these players have a history of injury but if they stay healthy they will be tough to beat.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

No. They are going to be bad. Gonzalez & Tulo won't last the season. Even if they do, they may be traded. I like Arenado a lot. Their pitching stinks and I'm not sold on their pitching prospects. Problem with sinkers in Colorado is that they don't sink.

Only times when Colorado wins is when they are a softball team. Sluggers at every position with innings eaters & a good bullpen. I don't think they have that.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

they won't win anything with that pitching staff... don't care who is in the lineup

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

They actually held their own last year until Tulo went down.

I think they would be dangerous in the playoffs bc its so hard to score in baseball and they can are good enough to hit any pitcher in baseball

Kershaw
    Scherezer
    Wainwright

they can hit all those dudes especially at Coors.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Rockies are the longest of the long shots. You want a long shot, take the Rangers +5000. They were absolutely decimated by injuries last season. Their rotation includes Darvish, Holland, Gallardo. Their lineup will be good if they can stay healthy. If they tighten up that bullpen they have a shot.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Rockies are the longest of the long shots. You want a long shot, take the Rangers +5000. They were absolutely decimated by injuries last season. Their rotation includes Darvish, Holland, Gallardo. Their lineup will be good if they can stay healthy. If they tighten up that bullpen they have a shot.

yeah i am not sold on Holland and Gallardo.

Darvish is one of my favorites to bet on though.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

No is is not "worth a shot" because it isn't going to happen. Odds could be 300 to 1 because it doesn't pay if it doesn't win.

I've inadvertently stumbled upon two or three of your posts recently and after reading them I've wondered if you are the dumbest poster on SBR, nothing personal. Just thinking you should worry more about the quality of your posts instead of the quantity because you are approaching zero credibility.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    No is is not "worth a shot" because it isn't going to happen. Odds could be 300 to 1 because it doesn't pay if it doesn't win.

I've inadvertently stumbled upon two or three of your posts recently and after reading them I've wondered if you are the dumbest poster on SBR, nothing personal. Just thinking you should worry more about the quality of your posts instead of the quantity because you are approaching zero credibility.
    150-1 is worth a few bucks
    If Tulo and Cargo ever do stay healthy, they can make noise for sure.
    I believe they were in first place or close to it 6 or 8 weeks into the season last year but I could be wrong. Then they were both done and fell apart.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

I think they would be dangerous in the playoffs bc its so hard to score in baseball and they can are good enough to hit any pitcher in baseball

Kershaw
    Scherezer
    Wainwright

Rockies don't make the playoffs with the current pitching staff

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kershaw
    Scherezer
    Wainwright

i agree bear, i followed them pretty closely last year until they tanked at about the 100 game mark. I think they were over .500 at the All Star break, I remember I threw a couple bucks on them to win the division at one point. Baseball teams can come out of nowhere sometimes to win it

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

just donate this bet amount to charity. if the rockies win it all I'll pay you out personally

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

To be honest I haven't read a comment. But Bear if you pitched for the rox I'd rather take those odds.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

suckers tie up their money with futures

Bear forget it

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

whatever JJ

neckbone
    neckbone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

No. Kershaw threw a no hitter at them last summer. They are the most unreliable bunch of fck monkeys in the league, I'm from the area, they're my team, and all they cause me is pain. Year in and year out. The rangers though, worth a shot, tie up 20 bucks on them and forget about it until October.

neckbone
    neckbone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Secondly, I've watched top pitching prospects come and go at Coors. They immediately get lit up and lose every ounce of confidence and self respect they ever had.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by neckbone View Post
    No. Kershaw threw a no hitter at them last summer. They are the most unreliable bunch of fck monkeys in the league, I'm from the area, they're my team, and all they cause me is pain. Year in and year out. The rangers though, worth a shot, tie up 20 bucks on them and forget about it until October.
    I predict the Rangers finish last in the AL West. I see nothing to like about that club except Yu Darvish.

The Rockies had a bizzare year last year as far as injuries. At one point they had 10 pitchers on the DL at the same time with injuries such as a broken wrist (non throwing arm) - Jordan Lyles

If and its a big "IF" they stay healthy they can make some noise.

The Bullpen looks to be much improved but there are HUGE question marks surrounding this starting rotation.

The one thing i really dont like about this bet is the fact that they share a division with the Dodgers.

I like the Mariners at 20 to 1 too but i hate that they share a division with the A's and Angels.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

RHP pitcher Gray is thought of by many as the #1 prospect in all of baseball. Him and fellow fireballer Butler should fill out the #3 and #4 spots behind 2 proven pitchers De La Rosa and Chacin. Chacin won 15 games 2 years ago and he has found a new work out regimine to strengthen the smaller muscles in his back and rotator cuff to keep his arm feeling good and injury free.

Jordan Lyles has a nice sinker and knows how to pitch at Coors so he is a good #5 starter.

The Bullpen was improved with the addition of Jairo Diaz a 23 year old flame thrower they got in a trade that sent Rutledge to the Angels.

This line-up is sick and includes seasoned clutch bench players Delcalso and Stubbs.

1. Blackmon/ Stubbs CF
    2. Dickerson LF
    3. Tulowitski SS
    4. Gonzalez RF
    5. Morneau 1B
    6. Arenado 3B
    7. Rosario/ Hundley C

wouldnt you love to fill out that line-up Card everyday??? that line-up is as good as the Tigers and Red Sox when they play at Coors.

If the pitching prospects are as good as advertised Walt Weiss might challenge the Dodgers for the NL West crown.

Only problem is many of these players have a history of injury but if they stay healthy they will be tough to beat.
    Pitching rotation i hope will look like this
    1. Lefty De La Rosa ( who has become a stud)
    2. Chacin ( winner of 15 games in 2013)
    3. Jon Gray ( Former 1st round draft pick #3 overall i believe.)
    4. Jordan Lyles ( Had a pretty good year last year)
    5. Kyle Kendrick ( this guy actually pitched a 3 hit shutout against the Mets last year... he will need to keep the ball down at Coors. )

The Rockies have really beefed up the bullpen. Adding Axford was HUGE.

Odds are now 120/1 i hope it does not move too much b/c i hope to put $1,000 on the Rockies to win the World Series at atleast 100 to 1.

I figure this is my only chance to make 100 large in 2015. I guess you could call me a Kamakaze Gambler.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Bear, get off the Rockies nut.
    Pitching wins, and they don't have it.
    That rotation is a mess.
    Good hitting teams will bludgeon the Rox to death in Coors.

You want a good long shot?
    White Sox
    You're welcome.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post

Amen. Try 2-3 hundred dumb posts.

dg84
    dg84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 481

They're not exactly unbeatable at Coors either. Only 7 games above .500 over the past three seasons. That lineup is solid when completely healthy, which means for about half the season, but not great. If you put every other MLB lineup at Coors, the Rockies current lineup would rank somewhere in the middle of the pack & that's when healthy. Only teams that look worse overall may be the Phillies, Twins & maybe the Diamondbacks. Take a look at the BA/OPS/SLG numbers from the meat of that lineup at Coors & away from Coors over the past three seasons. Morneau is obviously based only on last season. Huge differences all the way around.

Arenado 310/339/520 & 252/287/375
    Blackmon 330/381/507 & 257/286/380
    Gonzo 329/396/590 & 248/309/450
    Morneau 327/363/515 & 259/323/411
    Rosario 310/351/547 & 243/269/419
    Tulo / 354/437/609 & 276/359/489

dg84
    dg84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 481

Average BA drop is over 70 points & SLG drops 125 points.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

wtf why would u be talking about what has happened over the course of 3 seasons?

rosters change dramatically year to year.

Tulo has yet to be healthy a full season.

Tyler Maztek looked worse than any pitcher i have seen in spring training yesterday.

anyhow i love the Rockies but to be honest i never did make this bet.

in a perfect world i would make this bet... however as much as i like the Rockies from an offensive stand point i dont have a ton of confidence in their starting rotation.

The bullpen should be much improved though.

i did take Rockies over 71.5 wins in a parlay. I feel like that is a lock.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pitching and good defense wins

Stacked hitters mean nothing in MLB

It never did and never will

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

1. Blackmon/ Stubbs CF
    2. Dickerson LF
    3. Tulowitski SS
    4. Gonzalez RF
    5. Morneau 1B
    6. Arenado 3B
    7. Rosario/ Hundley C

anybody been to Vegas lately are they still 150 to 1 ???

7-2 off to a nice start

if they healthy they are the best hitting ball club in the big leagues by a country mile