TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Preview of Houston Rockets playoff games

Hack a Howard. Hack a Josh smish. Hack a Dorsey. Hack a Capella. Lol, every team is doing this to the rockets now. My goodness...anyone playing totals on their games can not play under unless it is some ridiculously high number, like 215 and up

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

They really need to change the rule from 2 minutes to 4 or 5 minutes. This just totally ruins the flow, and enjoyment, of the game.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8214

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    They really need to change the rule from 2 minutes to 4 or 5 minutes. This just totally ruins the flow, and enjoyment, of the game.
    I think the NBA should just ban anyone who can't keep a D average (60%) from the ft line. League would be a better place if cancers like Howard and J Smith are banished to bagging groceries for the rest of their lives.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Gonz312 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TwoWays

They should have done this more frequently in game one. Would have worked. Feel that rockets may have to go small as well just so harden can play basketball

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Won't happen in second round if Clippers somehow make it. Rockets will turn around and hack DeAndre Jordan. They already showed they were willing to fight fire with fire when they intentionally fouled Rondo in game 1 (Even though they were not in the penalty yet.). That would be great for TV seeing Howard vs. Jordan at the free throw line for about 20 real minutes.
    Last edited by Mr KLC; 04-26-15 at 10:37 PM.

TheHumanTripod
    TheHumanTripod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Why should the league have to change its rules. Not their fault the million dollar a year players can shoot a basket
    Last edited by TheHumanTripod; 04-27-15 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Can't spell

TwoWays

Carlisle smart about when to use it - out of timeouts. To disrupt rockets run. But doesn't use it when rockets are out of rythym on offense.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanTripod View Post
    Why should the league have to change its ruins. Not their fault the million dollar a year players can shoot a basketball
    I do miss the days when a free throw was actually a near easy point. The thing is that all games evolve. The NBA has done this before. Remember when they got rid of hand checking in 1994? There were several other rule changes they made on the defensive side in the 90's. Why did they do that? Because the product on TV was utter crap, and fans were not going to watch it. I know Jordan was gone at the time so some casual interest was already gone, but that Rockets-Knicks NBA Finals was horrid to watch. The only reason I watched it was because I am a Rockets fan. Extremely physical series with neither team scoring 100 points in any game of a 7 game series.

Anyway, back to the point. No matter how bad these guys are at the stripe, it's terrible to watch this strategy on TV as a casual fan. Silver seems like one of those guys that want to keep the horses in the barn, instead of letting them run out and trying to round them up later. This rule does nothing but potentially devalue the TV product, and I believe he will nip it in the bud soon by eliminating the rule.

TheHumanTripod
    TheHumanTripod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Great points KLC