DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Head CBB Official John Adams was just interviewed on Tim Brando Show on Sirius XM College Sports station.

He admitted the officiating was 'pretty rocky' the last 5 minutes. Said there were several calls he disagreed with.

In regards to the out of bounds call, he said he almost jumped up and ran to the scorers table to force the refs to take another look and review AGAIN becuase they got it wrong and it was such a crucial play in the game. But, because he had never done anything like that before, he allowed the refs to go with their incorrect call. He also said, amazingly, that the refs did NOT see the same replay everyone at home saw - which clearly showed the ball going out off of Winslow.

He said he will call Bo Ryan tomorrow after he cools down.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I can't tell if refs are worse now than they use to be or if we just notice more than we use to. So many big spots have been flubbed this past year.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

oh well shit happens

wisky fans and backers can go cry about it

aint gonna change my duke profits or coach k's title

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Not saying I disagree with what he is saying BUT the NCAA is forcing him to resign this year. I'm sure he has a bit of an agenda.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was in to March Madness more this year than I have bene in a long time, mostly because I thought this year there were a handful of truly great teams... but something has got to be done about these refs. Basketball is far and away the toughest sport to officiate, but these refs seem to get mroe calls wrong than they get right, and they even get to use replay to help!!! I just don't understand what is going through their heads... its not just the end of games, its the entire game. A 10 minute stretch here they don't call anything, then the next 10 minute stretch you can't breathe on someone without getting whistled. They routinely miss players stepping on the baseline, they routinely miss out of bounds calls. There is no consistency in foul calls from one half to the next... the only thing I come away with is these guys call the game differently depending on the score and the time remaining... say what you want but that is true. You never see a team that is losing by 20 get totally raped call after call. Its like they want the games to be close so the fans stay interested. Makes me sick... used to onl be this way in the NBA, but we are seeing it in college more and more now.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Duke best player did not even play much because of foul trouble

end of thread

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

end of thread
    he probably should have fouled out in the 1st half if you wanna get technical. He bear hugged Frank right under the hoop with 4 fouls with about 4 minutes left and no call. I coudnt believe it...

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Its called the t-weasel mush

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

There is NO REASON TO GET AN OUT OF BOUNDS CALL WRONG. FUKKIN REPLAYYYYY.

Okafor's 3rd foul was bs.

Duke players charged into wiscy players and drew blocking calls on multiple occasions.

Grayson Allen pushed off with the off hand multiple times.

These are just facts.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Oh and wisconsin fouled less than any team in the country the whole season... Until last night??

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

The human element to refereeing I get. But the pure amount of incorrect calls is absurd, we can all agree. These refs are SCARED. Call ticky tacs and bailouts, or just point to the direction that causes the least tension. Flagrants missed, charges/blocks, out of bounds ALL AVOIDABLE

ZetaPsi808

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Oh and wisconsin fouled less than any team in the country the whole season... Until last night??
    yea cause duke is tougher to defend against than any team they played all season

wisky had 15 fouls and 2 of them were intentional cause they were losing with a minute left

duke had 13 fouls

so 13 each. foul calls seem balanced to me

STAX

all anyone asks is htat officials be consistent in the way they call a game. its like they are playing "makeup calls" the whole game, or they are just trying to keep it close

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Bo Ryan wasn't going to win over mike k.

American sports at its finest.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Head CBB Official John Adams was just interviewed on Tim Brando Show on Sirius XM College Sports station.

He admitted the officiating was 'pretty rocky' the last 5 minutes. Said there were several calls he disagreed with.

In regards to the out of bounds call, he said he almost jumped up and ran to the scorers table to force the refs to take another look and review AGAIN becuase they got it wrong and it was such a crucial play in the game. But, because he had never done anything like that before, he allowed the refs to go with their incorrect call. He also said, amazingly, that the refs did NOT see the same replay everyone at home saw - which clearly showed the ball going out off of Winslow.

He said he will call Bo Ryan tomorrow after he cools down.
    Head CBB Official John Adams insults my and your intelligence.

ZetaPsi808

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bo Ryan wasn't going to win over mike k.

American sports at its finest.
    hindsight is 20/20

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Uw was called for a lot of fouls in the Arizona game as well. The UW/uk game was far and away worse officiating than this game. Duke won. Nothing more to see here.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I'm in no way trying to take anything away from Duke. Coach K is the greatest ncaa bball coach ever. Tyus was the best player. Grayson was unbelievable.

But I feel like wisconsin was robbed of a championship by the refs.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    hindsight is 20/20
    I called duke before the tourney and before yesterday's game. Ryan wasn't beating mike k.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Uw was called for a lot of fouls in the Arizona game as well. The UW/uk game was far and away worse officiating than this game. Duke won. Nothing more to see here.
    Nice avatar

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Domino u had a great tournament. U did lose the last game but overall did good. Don't get butthurt like wisky coach. This is checkers not chess

ZetaPsi808

I called duke before the tourney and before yesterday's game. Ryan wasn't beating mike k.
    Shoulda bet Duke futures then

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Domino u had a great tournament. U did lose the last game but overall did good. Don't get butthurt like wisky coach. This is checkers not chess
    Thanks I did have very successful tourny, even had 9/1 Duke futures bet win even with the wiscy loss ATS.

Facts are facts tho and Duke got favors last night. It's frustrating, especially when replays result in incorrect calls.

STAX

that replay was very tough to tell if it hit his finger or not, BUT eventually we all saw the correct angle in slow motion and saw how the call should have went. We all saw it before the officials made the (wrong) call, which begs the question... do the officials have access to the same angles and slow motion as the entire nation does? I cannot see how they dont... therefor I cannot see how they got it wrong in such a crucial moment... I will say one thing about Wisconsin though, I saw them lose their cool for the first time all tourney, and it cost them. Dukkan was the one who lost it most and it resulted in a couple defensive lapses and a horrible 3 point attempt during Duke's comeback. He was visually upset with the officials, which shows me that Wisconsin was really unhappy with the refs. They don't just lose their cool over a bad call here or there...

gs
    gs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4059

Another big 10 crybaby aka big dom

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

end of thread
    You clearly did not watch the game.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

The officiating was much worse in the wisconsin/uk game and wiscy benefited from it, I mean wiscy has benefitted from tons of bad calls starting with the big ten championship where Gasser was a foot out of bounds against mich. state in the final seconds. Duke was leading by 5 points last night with under two minutes with the botched call, kentucky was winning by two with a much more obvious botched call in the last 2:41 that led to kentucky losing the game.

I havent really heard alot of talk on sports radio today about the officiating except for that one call, seems its all about coach k

Duke couldnt have dominated Wisconsin any more thoroughly this year, they beat them twice, they beat wiscy on their own home court by 10 and beat them last night with two of their best players playing a good deal of the second half in foul trouble. Duke was just a much better team this year

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

who cares, in the past...20 yrs ago i should of married kim..she since hit lotto and is hotter then 20 yrs ago..who cares

meader99

Nice avatar
    You like it? I feel like it's missing something....

meader99

I'm in no way trying to take anything away from Duke. Coach K is the greatest ncaa bball coach ever. Tyus was the best player. Grayson was unbelievable.

But I feel like wisconsin was robbed of a championship by the refs.
    By an out of bounds call down 5?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

By an out of bounds call down 5?
    Mostly that, plus about 3 or 4 defensive fouls that should have been offensive.

But I should say they got robbed of a CHANCE to win the championship.

If the calls were consistent, fair, or accurate, and if wisconsin still lost, then I'm not complaining one bit. I'm not a wisconsin fan, just a college bball fan in general. I wanted to see a good game and I did, I just wish the calls were correct.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

ZetaPsi808

every year people complain about the refs in these big title games

obviously people get emotionally invested in the game

lets move on

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Zeta Strong post too many people are harping on this and I'm getting annoyed and ready to kick ass

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

It's not the only thing to talk about; Tyus Jones played great, Grayson Allen surprised many people, Coach K won his 1,000th victory and a national championship this year.

But when else has the head of officiating admitted multiple erred calls in a National Championship game?!?!

It's worthy of discussion.

ZetaPsi808

ok pal

duke the better team anyway

12 Last