STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacers have a chance in the East... 150 to 1

Got George back, they are playing good ball. Atlanta is injured, and for whatever reason, they have been doing the rest thing off and on for weeks already now. They are not the same team that started 35-6, not even close. If Pacers can make the playoffs and get the 8 seed (not 7 seed), they could beat Atlanta, and then could easily beat WAS or TOR in the 2nd round.

I think putting something on them at 150 to 1, with the intentions of hedging if they make the East finals is a good play...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

7. Brooklyn (36-41) 21.5 GB 5 games remaining
    8. Boston (35-42) 22.5 GB 5 games remaining
    9. Indiana (34-43) 23.5 GB 5 games remaining
    10. Miami (34-43) 23.5 GB 5 games remaining
    11. Charlotte (33-43) 24.0 GB 6 games remaining
    Upcoming schedules
    Nets: 4 home, 1 away – vs. Trail Blazers April 6, vs. Hawks April 8, vs. Wizards April 10, at Bucks April 12, vs. Bulls April 13, vs. Magic April 15
    Celtics: 2 home, 3 away – at Pistons April 8, at Cavaliers April 10, vs. Cavaliers April 12, vs. Raptors April 14, at Bucks April 15
    Heat: 4 home, 1 away – vs. Hornets April 7, vs. Bulls April 9, vs. Raptors April 11, vs. Magic April 14, at 76ers April 15
    Pacers: 2 home, 3 away – at Knicks April 8, at Pistons April 10, vs. Thunder April 12, vs. Wizards April 14, at Grizzlies April 15
    Hornets: 2 home, 4 away – at Heat April 7, vs. Raptors April 8, at Hawks April 10, at Pistons April 12, vs. Rockets April 13, at Raptors April 15

...but they aren't beating the Hawks

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

I think many people overrate this team for no reason. They are dangerous from the 3-pt line/mid-range, but that's pretty much it.
    Hibbert isn't good anymore, West&Scola play hot-cold and George is getting limited minutes.
    Not worth a penny.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Heading to Hawks game tonight. Time to climb aboard. May buy new Hawks hat and possibly Horford jersey.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Put 10 dollars, and enjoy this good valued bet.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Got George back, they are playing good ball. Atlanta is injured, and for whatever reason, they have been doing the rest thing off and on for weeks already now. They are not the same team that started 35-6, not even close. If Pacers can make the playoffs and get the 8 seed (not 7 seed), they could beat Atlanta, and then could easily beat WAS or TOR in the 2nd round.

I think putting something on them at 150 to 1, with the intentions of hedging if they make the East finals is a good play...
    Admire your posts usually. But you shouldn't start drinking this early LOL. Just f.... with ya.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Heading to Hawks game tonight. Time to climb aboard. May buy new Hawks hat and possibly Horford jersey.
    Those ducats must come at a premium. Enjoy the game. I still see they taking out this Phoenix squad.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Admire your posts usually. But you shouldn't start drinking this early LOL. Just f.... with ya.
    Do you not think they would have any chance against atlanta? Indiana has been a top 5 team in the East since the All Star break (not saying much)... Atlanta is fuckking up their season imo by trying to rest everyone and basically killing all the momentum they had. Plus they are injured... its tough to get healthy and regain the momentum all at once in time for the playoffs. Hawks havent beaten a team with a winning record in over a month now and are 17-11 in the last 28 games (Indiana is also 17-11 in their last 28 games). Indiana has beaten Golden St, New Orleans, Cleveland twice, Chicago, Washington, and Dallas ALL SINCE FEBRUARY 1st!!

not saying Indiana should be favored or anything like that, but 150 to 1 for a team that was #1 seed last year and made east finals is a hell of a price. And they got their stud back now too after going all year without him...

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Do you not think they would have any chance against atlanta? Indiana has been a top 5 team in the East since the All Star break (not saying much)... Atlanta is fuckking up their season imo by trying to rest everyone and basically killing all the momentum they had. Plus they are injured... its tough to get healthy and regain the momentum all at once in time for the playoffs. Hawks havent beaten a team with a winning record in over a month now and are 17-11 in the last 28 games (Indiana is also 17-11 in their last 28 games). Indiana has beaten Golden St, New Orleans, Cleveland twice, Chicago, Washington, and Dallas ALL SINCE FEBRUARY 1st!!

not saying Indiana should be favored or anything like that, but 150 to 1 for a team that was #1 seed last year and made east finals is a hell of a price. And they got their stud back now too after going all year without him...
    Of course they have a chance, and at that price it might be worth a small wager. I personally don't ssee anybody winning the "least" conference other than Cleveland But when you play the same team 5-7 nights in a row, well not in a row, but it in a series anything can happen. AKA: the LAD and KC. Not good analogies, but you know what I mean. BOL.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

They still have to get there. Heat's schedule looks easiest on paper.

STAX

Of course they have a chance, and at that price it might be worth a small wager. I personally don't ssee anybody winning the "least" conference other than Cleveland But when you play the same team 5-7 nights in a row, well not in a row, but it in a series anything can happen. AKA: the LAD and KC. Not good analogies, but you know what I mean. BOL.
    Yeah, I dont think they can beat Cleveland in the East finals, although they did beat them twice in the last 2months... Bet the 150 to 1 with intentions of hedging... actually I just checked and Pacers are 125 to 1 now on 5Dimes, they were 150 to 1 a day or two ago.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    IF Indy makes it, they will put on a better show than the Celtics, Miami, Charlotte and Brooklyn.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    i take it ur a hawks fan by ur avatar... what are they doing resting everyone all the time? i know they are hurt right now, but my god, they rest guys more than any team in the league from night to night. whens the last time all 5 starters played more than 3 qtrs together? I play a lot of DFS, so I keep up with this stuff pretty closely...

i know a lot of it is injuries, but a lot of it is just rest once they clinched top seed... they havent looked the same for a while now. id be worried as a hawks fan

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

oh snap this could actually hit

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

I see the idea.

STAX

IF Indy makes it, they will put on a better show than the Celtics, Miami, Charlotte and Brooklyn.
    brooklyn is actually plying extremely well right now... Im a Cavs fan, and Indiana worries me the most. I think itll be Brooklyn and Indiana in the playoffs, maybe Boston. Charlotte no chance and Miami is destroyed with injuries

STAX

rolls were reversed last year but the situation is very similar... Indiana struggled last month of season last year, never regained the momentum, and should have lost to a surging Hawks team in round one... just the other way around this year

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

i take it ur a hawks fan by ur avatar... what are they doing resting everyone all the time? i know they are hurt right now, but my god, they rest guys more than any team in the league from night to night. whens the last time all 5 starters played more than 3 qtrs together? I play a lot of DFS, so I keep up with this stuff pretty closely...

i know a lot of it is injuries, but a lot of it is just rest once they clinched top seed... they havent looked the same for a while now. id be worried as a hawks fan
    Their coach is a Popovich clone. They're resting them for the reasons you said, clinced, banged up, etc. Would be nice if they got some rhythm before the playoffs start...injuries are not allowing that to happen.

They've gotten burned the past few years with some big injuries. Would kill them if someone goes down before the playoffs. Pacers would put up more of a show than the rest of those teams. You worry about them getting 7th or missing it all together. If they don't land on 8, they're done. ...fortune favors the bold though.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

brooklyn is actually plying extremely well right now... Im a Cavs fan, and Indiana worries me the most. I think itll be Brooklyn and Indiana in the playoffs, maybe Boston. Charlotte no chance and Miami is destroyed with injuries
    Yeah, credit to Coach Stevens, but the Celtics aren't going anywhere. At least he has then trying unlike some other teams in this league. Credit to him condsidering what they gave him to work with. Hey, at least they got rid of Rondo. LOL.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

If Paul George comes back close to what he was last year this is worth a shot, I agree. The hardest thing might be to actually get in.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Basketball is a game of momentum. They could very well go on a winning streak in the playoffs if they make it. At 125 to 1, there's some nice hedging opportunities even if they win one series.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not a chance that is called wasting your money and you will never be a good gambler

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

Hollinger gives Indiana a 33.2% chance of making the playoffs and a 1.1% chance of making it to the finals. +15000 is about 0.66% implied probability to win the championship. I think a fair line is the +20000 range if you're going to hedge it out. +27500 was available at bookmaker around the trade deadline which is what I bet it at.

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

Where's this 150 to 1 to win east? I got 66 to 1

STAX

125 to 1 on 5dimes

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

It's 40 to 1 now on bet365...?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Nobody beat Clevland in the East.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Nobody beat Clevland in the East.
    read the thread before commenting...

jjgold

this thread is why gamblers lose

no longshots win in pro sports

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

read the thread before commenting...
    Did Cleveland change conferences?

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

just burn money. at least that way you save on your heat bill

jjgold

Stop trying for the impossible

Longshot gamblers usually in the hole and looking for something big

trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3681

Considering how much I spend on pools (for a 1% chance at 50-1), I'll take this one for 20/1500 (75-1).

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Did Cleveland change conferences?
    Read the thread man, only way Id bet on Indiana is with the sole intention of hedging if they make the East finals, stated numerous times throughout the thread.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Of course Pacers got a chance. They got Fresno ST Product Paul George

12 Last