TommyDog
    TommyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

Bo Ryan (paraphrased): "The refs sucked.".................

Greg Gumbel (not paraphrased): "Bo Ryan, classy as always in defeat."
    That was pretty comical!

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

bo ryan really embarrassed himself there. back to irrelevancy he goes

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    bo ryan really embarrassed himself there. back to irrelevancy he goes
    top 5 coaches in the game=irrelevancy?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Duke was better

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

He was swallowing a bitter pill. So close but yet so far.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

He's not wrong

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Kind of like coach K at halftime? What a joke.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3447

Wish he had called a spade a spade.

Mac4Lyfe

Wisconsin got the benefit of the whistle against Kentucky too. Refs have been awful all season, not just this tourney. You got to play through the bullshit.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Wisconsin got the benefit of the whistle against Kentucky too. Refs have been awful all season, not just this tourney. You got to play through the bullshit.
    how do you figure? UK got away with an intentional slap to the face, and a BS charge that took 3 points off the board for Wisconsin. UK got screwed on a shot clock violation that led to 2 points

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Refs were blowing whistle for Duke on every drive to the lane 2nd half, still Wisky only play one way and you have to find more than one way to win sometimes, never double or show double down low, always man with lesser athletes. Last minute of game, dribble, dribble, dribble, hard to get away from doing what you always do even when you're down 5 with 30 seconds left lol.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

refs struggled all of March Madness from day one to 2nd half of final. took away some from a fun tourny overall.

jjgold

Anytime somebody loses the bet or loses a game they blame the refs typical

Mac4Lyfe

I certainly didn't care that UK lost, especially when they have a history of getting favorable calls but Wisconsin got the majority of the 50/50 calls on Saturday. I didn't have a dog in the fight (even though I had a little money on Wisconsin) and most calls when to the Badgers by my count. I agree the slap should have been a flagrant, I think the charge could have gone either way but there were a lot more calls that UK didn't get.

Even still, you have to fight through the bullshit and not allow the refs to control your game. UK had every chance to win that game but played stupid down the stretch with wasted possessions and turnovers with the shot clock expiring. Wisconsin did the same thing tonight. Had the game won and got stupid with poor shots, turnovers and no one willing to take over the game.

Losers blame the refs. Winners find a way to win in spite of the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    how do you figure? UK got away with an intentional slap to the face, and a BS charge that took 3 points off the board for Wisconsin. UK got screwed on a shot clock violation that led to 2 points

Ironman07
    Ironman07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7984

I had Duke tonight simply cause my own line was -3 1/2 duke... that being said Ryan speaks the truth here. No fricking way can you watch the last 10 minutes and not see all the missed calls > i personally noted four that went duke's way and the 5th was the missed touching of the ball when it went out of bounce. Coach K gets those calls cause of his rep...Part of the reason to take Duke.. However Wisky was not able to adapt and it cost them.
    Points Awarded:

DOM_Toretto gave Ironman07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

He's right

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

I'm okay with blaming the refs. There really are no checks and balances in the NCAA that punishes refs for being biased or consistently bad -- at least not ones that are being enforced properly. And to top it off, you're not allowed to criticize them when they're terrible?

What a great job! I don't have to do my job all that well, I can play favorites, and you can't say anything about it? It's like I'm in the union!

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

The officiating was so-so in the championship game but downright god-awful in the Wisky-UK semifinal. Thank goodness it wasn't the deciding factor in either.

doublek1229
    doublek1229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4559

This comment stinks of bias. "Intentional slap to the face" is completely subjective. By watching replay it certainly looks intentional, but one can not determine motive or 100% intent based on that replay. Being a final 4 game with under 4 minutes to play, it is wrong to determine the outcome with this call, unless it is clear cut, obvious, and brutal... which it was none of the previously mentioned.

The "shot clock violation that led to 2 points" is laughable. Not only did that tie the game at a pivotal moment, not only did that completely swing the momentum of the game for good into Wisconsin's hands, but it was painfully obvious. There was no subjectivity to the call.

As someone who LOST money on Kentucky, I understand it's human error a part of the game. As someone who won on Duke, it is the same difference. In retrospect super slow-motion replay Duke got 2 calls, but in real time, it is impossible to be perfect. And to say the ball was 100% without question touched by a fingertip (Winslow) is impossible.

Stop crying.

robbeduagain
    robbeduagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11170

Don't care one way or another (bet the total and lost), but why look at something in super slow motion and then not use what you see. Assuming the officials were looking at the same replay we were, it was evident that Winslow touched the ball. Even the Duke cheerleaders, err, the announcers like Rafferty thought it was. But it's like ground hog's day. Duke coach glares, calls go his way. I don't think the way the teams played changed all that much from one half to the next. The way the game was called did. Duke adjusted. Wisconsin did not
    Points Awarded:

DOM_Toretto gave robbeduagain 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Boo-fukn'-hoo. Ryan complaining about contact when his best player is nicknamed "Frank the Tank". Dekker carries the ball like he's already in the NBA, have yet to see that called. Wisconsin had 2 fouls in the 1st half. Wisconsin lost because Dekker had an awful game and Duke's guards were better by a long shot. Period
    Last edited by swordsandtequila; 04-07-15 at 07:04 AM.

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Duke's best player called for hand checks and sits 1/3 of the game, and BO complains of officiating. Like the other poster said, Wisconsin only had 2 fouls in the entire 1h. Its almost as if the refs were saying, "here's the game, badgers..if you want it." But the Badgers were too shitty to take what the refs gave them. They kept kicking the ball out to the perimeter instead of exploiting the basket. Bo and his team deserved to lose.

TheMartian
    TheMartian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3241

Well said Machine Okafor was taken out the game by the refs but Duke never gave up. Grayson Allen manned up and brought Duke back and the Tyus Jones put em to the sword. Cry me a River Bo where was your epic offense the last 9 mins? oh that's right your team is still dribbling around and not getting the ball to Frank who was the only player with any heart on your team.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

stop being a bitch

slap in the face lol

still laughing at your BS from last year, hilarious how much you hate UK punk

jjgold

Duke best players were in foul trouble entire game

Bo shut up you fukkin sore loser
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: existential

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3447

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I'm okay with blaming the refs. There really are no checks and balances in the NCAA that punishes refs for being biased or consistently bad -- at least not ones that are being enforced properly. And to top it off, you're not allowed to criticize them when they're terrible?

What a great job! I don't have to do my job all that well, I can play favorites, and you can't say anything about it? It's like I'm in the union!
    That last sentence was very well put,it is like a Union.

robbeduagain
    robbeduagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11170

Quote Originally Posted by TheMartian View Post
    Well said Machine Okafor was taken out the game by the refs but Duke never gave up. Grayson Allen manned up and brought Duke back and the Tyus Jones put em to the sword. Cry me a River Bo where was your epic offense the last 9 mins? oh that's right your team is still dribbling around and not getting the ball to Frank who was the only player with any heart on your team.
    So you think that Okafor's 3rd and 4th fouls were bad calls? There might have been one bad foul call on him, but the rest were his fault. I guess I would have thought that the future top five draft pick would have had enough sense not to grab someone as they went by to earn his 4th foul.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    stop being a bitch

slap in the face lol

still laughing at your BS from last year, hilarious how much you hate UK punk

go home you redneck. STFU

drbellhead
    drbellhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3274

No matter which way the game went, the refs sucked for the most part of these games......I think they were watching the games instead of officiating them...........maybe they watched the film at 1/2 time and realized they were making some shit calls with the flops Wisc is accustomed to getting and they had enough of their fake flopping shit.............but if u find out in the future some of these refs were on the take, do not be surprised by it.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

The announcers didnt understand what he was saying...it was "fair" on both sides....they just allowed body checking and a super agressive game....that in the end favors a side...I mean Christ look how Allen scored...warding people off w his left to score w his right...they allowed a very very physical game and he is being 100% honest....and I agree....I didnt see wisc play a game that physical all year...refs didnt allow it....1-2 got near it but touch fouls kept it calmer....I agree with what he said...but its just how it went down....

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Allen and Winslow 100% took advantage of the way the refs called the game....cant blame them for playing agressive when they allow it but there were CLEAR CLEAR fould on both of the many times....Winslow could have been hit with 2-3 charges and 1 went a no call with the other 2 went SOMEHOW as blocks lol...

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    The announcers didnt understand what he was saying...it was "fair" on both sides....they just allowed body checking and a super agressive game....that in the end favors a side...I mean Christ look how Allen scored...warding people off w his left to score w his right...they allowed a very very physical game and he is being 100% honest....and I agree....I didnt see wisc play a game that physical all year...refs didnt allow it....1-2 got near it but touch fouls kept it calmer....I agree with what he said...but its just how it went down....
    Allen has nothing on Tyus Jones. I have watched him make a living this tournament warding opponents off with his off hand.

Think Ryan could have lived with that more if they would have given Frank a couple of calls in crunch time when they allowed Duke to be awfully physical in the low post.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16678

Winslow's 1st 2 fouls were garbage, Okafor's 3rd foul was garbage. But the refs were terrible in the whole tournament.

12 Last