rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I would take Mudiay #1

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I actually made my first million at 31. Certainly not by pimping and not by playing basketball. But I have played against top kids around the country, worked them and been worked but I can still hold my own. I really don't give a shit if you believe it or not as it won't put another hair on my head. My point is that you can't say Kaminsky worked WCS in 1 game, so that means he will be drafted before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    here we go again. why don't you tell us your story again of how you made millions before 21 while being a pimp and schooling jordan. c'mon man. say something that's believable.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would never draft Big Frank in the NBA. Great college kid but he would look like some Kelly Tripucka Bill Winnington shit in the NBA.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

It's about natural athletic gifts first and foremost, that's why WCS is rated high even though I don't really care for him. Frank isn't blessed with the same natural athletic ability but he is a skilled player, I'd take him over WCS. I see WCS as a guy who will be more of an impact defensively and rebounding, I don't ever think he will be an impactful guy offensively. Id make Frank my 4 and use him inside and oou, WCS, poor awareness on the offensive side of the ball.
    Last edited by jtoler; 04-07-15 at 12:03 AM.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't know what either of them will become 5 years from now. They both could be busts or they could become All stars. You never know if a guy is going to take the next step and put in the work or not. WCS is considered a lottery pick. Kaminsky is projected middle 1st. I'm just going off of draft projections.

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Don't really understand why you think that they are the same age and black guys usually go through puberty younger. If anything Kaminsky is more likely to get stronger/more athletic then Cauley-Stein.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Christian Laetner was a 10 times better player
    No shit Sherlock. Laetner was one of the 5 most successful college players ever. what a Bozo 4th shift JJ gold is.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chachi

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I would take Cauley Stein higher because he is a great defender, but I don't project him to get a lot better though is all Im saying he is almost 22. Even though Kaminsky is a senior the fact that he got better every year makes me think he might improve though unlike guys like Hansbrough who did not improve during college.

Mac4Lyfe

With all the analytics out there, teams may very well rate Kaminsky high as a stretch 4. But can he consistently hit an NBA 3? A lot of these kids look great shooting from college 3's. Then they get to NBA summer league and can't hit shit. Teams value rebounding, rim protectors and defense, which WCS has right now. GM's believe it's easier to teach offense as all teams have guys that can score.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    It's about natural athletic gifts first and foremost, that's why WCS is rated high even though I don't really care for him. Frank isn't blessed with the same natural athletic ability but he is a skilled player, I'd take him over WCS. I see WCS as a guy who will be more of an impact defensively and rebounding, I don't ever think he will be an impactful guy offensively. Id make Frank my 4 and use him inside and out, much greater ceiling than WCS who has poor awareness on the offensive side of the ball.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    With all the analytics out there, teams may very well rate Kaminsky high as a stretch 4. But can he consistently hit an NBA 3? A lot of these kids look great shooting from college 3's. Then they get to NBA summer league and can't hit shit. Teams value rebounding, rim protectors and defense, which WCS has right now. GM's believe it's easier to teach offense as all teams have guys that can score.
    You're right about the 3 that foot or two back makes a lot of difference. JJ Redfick was automatic in college but couldn't make NBA 3's consistently for a long time. Frank doesnt have to stand out there all the time, he's good at the elbow, can put the ball on the floor and has various moves, I don't know how well he passes, he isn't the quickest guy, doesn't look 7 foot to me more like 6'10, can't jump too well, but I can see him eventually being a workman type who can give you 15 and 8, all depends on the team though.

Mac4Lyfe

The NBA ain't no joke. People don't understand how hard it is to make the jump from HS to college then college to the NBA. We're talking about the top 400 players on the planet. Just making an NBA roster will be a huge accomplishment. I'm rooting for him because he seems to be a real nice kid that works hard but it's pretty much a crap shoot on any of these guys becoming the next big star.

Look at a guy like Patric Young that played for Florida last year. The guy would have been a lottery pick as a Freshman but he stayed 4 years and his stock dropped each year. He was defensive player of the year in the SEC like 3 years, went to 2 Final Fours, 4 elite 8's and ended up going undrafted. He had a great summer league for the Pelicans but couldn't crack their lineup with so many good bigs. He ended up playing in Turkey I think.

You're right about the 3 that foot or two back makes a lot of difference. JJ Redfick was automatic in college but couldn't make NBA 3's consistently for a long time. Frank doesnt have to stand out there all the time, he's good at the elbow, can put the ball on the floor and has various moves, I don't know how well he passes, he isn't the quickest guy, doesn't look 7 foot to me more like 6'10, can't jump too well, but I can see him eventually being a workman type who can give you 15 and 8, all depends on the team though.
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 04-07-15 at 12:25 AM.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

He is Dirk Nowitzki 2.0

Mac4Lyfe

That would be damn good. I don't see it right now but you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    He is Dirk Nowitzki 2.0

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

I actually made my first million at 31. Certainly not by pimping and not by playing basketball. But I have played against top kids around the country, worked them and been worked but I can still hold my own. I really don't give a shit if you believe it or not as it won't put another hair on my head. My point is that you can't say Kaminsky worked WCS in 1 game, so that means he will be drafted before him.
    ok pal you were working college bound high school kids when you were in your late 30s. what's not to believe?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I am no Frank fan.

But the guy will 100% go in the first round.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

The NBA ain't no joke. People don't understand how hard it is to make the jump from HS to college then college to the NBA. We're talking about the top 400 players on the planet. Just making an NBA roster will be a huge accomplishment. I'm rooting for him because he seems to be a real nice kid that works hard but it's pretty much a crap shoot on any of these guys becoming the next big star.

Look at a guy like Patric Young that played for Florida last year. The guy would have been a lottery pick as a Freshman but he stayed 4 years and his stock dropped each year. He was defensive player of the year in the SEC like 3 years, went to 2 Final Fours, 4 elite 8's and ended up going undrafted. He had a great summer league for the Pelicans but couldn't crack their lineup with so many good bigs. He ended up playing in Turkey I think.
    Playing in Europe is still pretty good,you still make good money doing what you love.

jtoler

I agree it is a crapshoot. Patrick Young is not an NBA player to me, he was lacking a lot I thought, just a body builder playing basketball.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Frank has WAY to much potential to not go in the first round. I would be incredibly surprised if he is not a lottery pick.

Mac4Lyfe

I play against top area HS, college, Euro kids to this day. I'm talking HS kids that are going to the top schools in the country. Very few of them can take contact and position their feet correctly. My offense has slowed down through the years but I can still play solid defense (albeit a bit of hand checking, LOL). I can pretty much still own most HS kids physically and mentally. A lot of HS kids can jump out of the gym and are quick but very weak in their core and upper body. Once they hit college and get a few years/lbs under their belt it becomes a bit harder. I still play some games against old and current NBA guys from time to time. I am friends with several coaches and players and get invited to pickups. They know I'm going to work their big guys. Last Friday, I went up against a kid that will be a high prospect next year. I shut him down 3 straight games. That last game he jokingly said "naw man, you can't guard me no more". LOL

I can tell you a lot of stories that most of them you would think I'm full of shit. Like me dunking on Kevin Garnett. He hadn't grown 10 more inches nor was he the national HS player of the year at the time but it happened. I could give you a list of guys I've played basketball against or even better, I could give you a list of people I've played blackjack with and I know you wouldn't believe it. Like I said, it won't put any new hair on my head or change my life either way if you don't.

ok pal you were working college bound high school kids when you were in your late 30s. what's not to believe?

Ra77er

Nope /head shake

Frank is not an NBA player and will never amount to anything in todays world.
    He will be drafted in the 1st round but it's a conspiracy by the NBA to pretend it still allows white people.
    He will get 12 minutes a game if he's lucky and then his knees will blow out.
    He will become some politician in Wisconsin and will support medicinal marijuana bill in the state of Wisconsin. (Look at that dudes face)

Ra77er

Okay Im messing around

Kid is decent, hope he can shed the stereotype and does well

Mac4Lyfe

He owned a lot of big centers currently in the NBA (Nerlins Noel, Anthony Davis, WCS, Julius Randle all come to mind). The Pelicans front office LOVED him. But not enough room with their bigs. Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Asik, Ajinca, Withey... I think he'll make a team eventually, he has too much passion, energy, drive, and chemistry. He reminds me of Udonis Haslem who had to go overseas as well. Eventually, he made his mark in the NBA.

Guys like him are why I think it's always best to leave if you're a projected lottery pick. Staying in school really can't help your draft stock much over getting that experience in the NBA.

I agree it is a crapshoot. Patrick Young is not an NBA player to me, he was lacking a lot I thought, just a body builder playing basketball.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    I am no Frank fan.

But the guy will 100% go in the first round.
    Think the Raptors might take him.

Mac4Lyfe

Sometimes... It really depends on where you go and what all they will pay. Some places will pay your taxes, housing, food, travel, etc. But I also have friends who still are waiting on pay checks from bankrupt squads that they will never see.

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Playing in Europe is still pretty good,you still make good money doing what you love.

packerd_00

Sometimes... It really depends on where you go and what all they will pay. Some places will pay your taxes, housing, food, travel, etc. But I also have friends who still are waiting on pay checks from bankrupt squads that they will never see.
    Yeah I hear you man,just have noticed how big the Sports gotten in Europe.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

samuel dikker is the next keith van horne

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

I play against top area HS, college, Euro kids to this day. I'm talking HS kids that are going to the top schools in the country. Very few of them can take contact and position their feet correctly. My offense has slowed down through the years but I can still play solid defense (albeit a bit of hand checking, LOL). I can pretty much still own most HS kids physically and mentally. A lot of HS kids can jump out of the gym and are quick but very weak in their core and upper body. Once they hit college and get a few years/lbs under their belt it becomes a bit harder. I still play some games against old and current NBA guys from time to time. I am friends with several coaches and players and get invited to pickups. They know I'm going to work their big guys. Last Friday, I went up against a kid that will be a high prospect next year. I shut him down 3 straight games. That last game he jokingly said "naw man, you can't guard me no more". LOL

I can tell you a lot of stories that most of them you would think I'm full of shit. Like me dunking on Kevin Garnett. He hadn't grown 10 more inches nor was he the national HS player of the year at the time but it happened. I could give you a list of guys I've played basketball against or even better, I could give you a list of people I've played blackjack with and I know you wouldn't believe it. Like I said, it won't put any new hair on my head or change my life either way if you don't.
    good for you pal. i don't believe in any of your bs but whether i believe your bs or not, it really doesn't affect either one of our lives or give you more hair so carry on...

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I wish the NBA only allowed players that were 21 years old to play.
    Because I believe if Towns played even 1 more year before coming to the NBA he would have a better chance of becoming a better player.

The Alchemist
    Soul of the World.
    The Alchemist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Just like what Harrison said, "f**k that n***a"

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    how did he do compared to okafor?
    When they play in the nba we make that comparison.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

I'd say he should go 15-20. He'll be a role player off the bench.

Justus Winslow is a poor man's James Harden. He might be most impactful.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nba game too fast for Big Frank

His feet way too slow

Mac4Lyfe

Oh contrare. Your lack of belief and overall skepticism says a lot about you and has a huge effect on who you are and what you can become. Belief is powerful, uplifting, it makes the impossible, possible. Lack of belief is limiting, nothing can be achieved without belief. A century ago it was considered humanly impossible for someone to run a 4 minute mile. Scientist had medical proof that it couldn't be done based on research. One guy had a different belief, Roger Bannister broke the 4 minute barrier, something that was never done in thousands of years on earth. Guess what? Several other people went on to break 4 minutes shortly thereafter. Today we have HS athletes breaking 4 minutes. One guys belief changed the world's belief. People to this day don't believe we landed a man on the moon. That's there right but if you don't believe it, you are only hurting your own potential. Nothing can be done without faith. You won't even attempt if you have no belief. Positive beliefs give you drive, ambition, stick to it. Negative beliefs limit your potential, make you settle, discourages you.

The people who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those that are doing it. Lack of belief comes from one thing... FEAR. False, Evidence, Appearing, Real. Someone tells you, 'you can't do that', they're really saying, they can't do it or they can't see themselves ever doing it. But instead of them admitting that they can't, they tell you, you can't. They've been beaten down in their past, so they have given up. Now they try to discourage you because they don't want you to go through the same failures which created their fear. But, failure is critical to success. In fact, you can never succeed unless you've failed. Show me the person who won the most and that's the person who failed the most. Michael Jordan missed more shots than he ever made. We don't remember all the times he missed. People do not remember your failures. Only we think about them.

I don't know you, you don't know me but based on your negativity I can bet your not very successful. I don't say that to be mean or smartass but negative people who lack belief cannot be successful. Positivity is a prerequisite for success. You want to change your life, you must first change your beliefs. You don't believe me because you don't believe yourself. What are you telling yourself? What conversations are you having internally? Change your inner talk and you will change your life. Negative people need proof but even in the face of evidence, they will find a reason why it won't work. Overcome your fear, increase your belief, become a believer in the impossible and watch great things happen in your life.

good for you pal. i don't believe in any of your bs but whether i believe your bs or not, it really doesn't affect either one of our lives or give you more hair so carry on...

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A typical white pussy that has no business even playing in the NBA
    Dumbest fukk on SBR makes a racist comment about the POY after an incredible 24/12 performance.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

He is first rounder tryout, just not ahead of all kentucky and duke players going into nba draft

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

lol i'm just not boastful or delusional. a realistic view is sometimes mistaken as having a negative view. don't assume about my life as you mentioned you don't know me and i don't know you. it seems like you are trying too hard to impress strangers. after all it doesn't matter to you.

you're trying to claim you schooled the most athletic 7 foot high school ballers in your late 30s to mid 40s now. i'm just saying i'm not a believer. obviously in your own little mind you think you're schooling them. i doubt even shaq can school someone like cauley-stein at his age but you, some nobody with some delusional thoughts can do whatever he pleases. like i said, whatever your bs you put out here won't affect my life or give more hair your balding head so carry on.

fyi, i'm younger than you and still play pickup ball but definitely no way in hell i'll say i'm schooling college bound kids. i still have my basketball iq and footwork but i definitely can't jump or have the agility like i used to and that's a big disadvantage in basketball. oh and stop with your self-help adage, i know the power of thoughts not power of delusions. i've read as a men thinketh. that's my bible. so don't preach. have a good one...

First 123 Last