sandyman
    sandyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Winston"s NFL draft pick took a large hit!!

Pro scouts will certainly report that Winston is a loose cannon and nothing but trouble. Notice on sidelines him going face to face with Jumbo. What makes you think he wont be a second guess trouble player in the pro,s. Beware who ever selects him he has a lot of baggage. Look at Johnny Football with the Browns, he is a wise ass know it all...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

there are still many who would rather draft Winston over Mariota
    i think they are crazy and Mariota is far superior.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Your name should be "captain obvious."

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

I am interested to see if Mariota will break the mold of the "running" QB in the NFL. Will he be just another RG3/Manziel?? I am not sold on these guys making it long term in NFL

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'd bet 1000 points with anyone he's a top 10 pick. His draft status didn't take a hit.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I think cardale jones has the best arm ive seen in college fball.... that is a fukkin cannon. He needs to transfer somewhere where he can play.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Flor St coach glad he is leaving

He never listened to him

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I am interested to see if Mariota will break the mold of the "running" QB in the NFL. Will he be just another RG3/Manziel?? I am not sold on these guys making it long term in NFL
    agreed..couple that with the fact that no oregon QB has done shit in the NFL since Dan Fouts..also not convinced that Oregon's offensive system translates to the NFL.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    agreed..couple that with the fact that no oregon QB has done shit in the NFL since Dan Fouts..also not convinced that Oregon's offensive system translates to the NFL.
    Playing QB in these college systems do not translate in the NFL. I am not talking attitude/personality, but from pure NFL ability, Winston is a better QB. Not sure how many teams will want to take on all the extra crap with him though.

Mariota has a chance if Chip Kelly can somehow get him

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Winston played a pretty good game yesterday besides that fumble while things were unraveling. Nobody could catch or hold onto the ball

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    Winston played a pretty good game yesterday besides that fumble while things were unraveling. Nobody could catch or hold onto the ball

definitely not Winston's fault. RB/WRs could not keep the ball and because of this the defense pretty much quit.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

I say he's a second round pick.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Lets not forget this guy plays baseball too.

Who knows maybe he will play in MLB instead of NFL or maybe he will pull a Deion Sanders and play both.

Sure he is maybe immature and has made some bad decisions but we all we do dumb stuff from time to time.

Sometimes we gotta learn from our own mistakes. And who cares if he lost his temper on the sideline... he is competitive and nobody likes to lose.

would u rather him act like he doesnt care like Jay Cutler does?

Johnny Manziel is immature too but the Browns still drafted him.

i'm sure the Arizona Cardinals would much rather have Jameis Winston starting tomorrow than a guy who gives them no chance to win like that Lindley loser..

HeinrichII
    HeinrichII's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 853

Nfl teams may still prefer Winston over Mariota since Winston is committed to the pocket passing.

However, I rate more Mariota and if he lands at the Bucs I think he has some weapons to work with on Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. Well thats if he goes to the draft, since I believe Mariota has 1 more year left.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Winstons receivers did nothing to help him either. How many dropped passes did they have? No wonder he was frustrated. Rudolph or whatever his name is has hands like a rapist.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I'd bet 1000 points with anyone he's a top 10 pick. His draft status didn't take a hit.

thezzzone
    thezzzone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Russell Wilson is the quintessential new breed of NFL QB's of the future. Smart, good arm good running ability who does when its available. Mariota reminds me a lot of Wilson. Mariota is everything that Winston is not (especially in the brains department) The NFL game is changing. Athletes are getting bigger/stronger/faster. The QB position will have to evolve. The days of the pure immobile drop-back passer are quickly coming to an end. Take nothing away from the greats but the game is evolving, stay tuned.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by thezzzone View Post
    Russell Wilson is the quintessential new breed of NFL QB's of the future. Smart, good arm good running ability who does when its available. Mariota reminds me a lot of Wilson. Mariota is everything that Winston is not (especially in the brains department) The NFL game is changing. Athletes are getting bigger/stronger/faster. The QB position will have to evolve. The days of the pure immobile drop-back passer are quickly coming to an end. Take nothing away from the greats but the game is evolving, stay tuned.
    its changing but I would have to disagree about it quickly coming to an end. The list of the 12 playoff QBs:

Rodgers, Wilson, Romo, Newton, Lindlay, Stafford for the NFC
    Brady, Manning, Luck, Roethlisberger, Dalton, and Flacco for the AFC

I dont consider Wilson in the running QB category. I would only count Newton, so 11 out of 12 Playoff QBs are pocket passers. Pocket passers still the way of the NFL now

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    there are still many who would rather draft Winston over Mariota
    i think they are crazy and Mariota is far superior.
    Mariota looks like the next Russell Wilson

thezzzone
    thezzzone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    its changing but I would have to disagree about it quickly coming to an end. The list of the 12 playoff QBs:

Rodgers, Wilson, Romo, Newton, Lindlay, Stafford for the NFC
    Brady, Manning, Luck, Roethlisberger, Dalton, and Flacco for the AFC

I dont consider Wilson in the running QB category. I would only count Newton, so 11 out of 12 Playoff QBs are pocket passers. Pocket passers still the way of the NFL now
    Agreed,NOW...not the future tho. Wilson definitely is a QB with GREAT running ability when needed. I didnt say running QB's , I said SMART/GOOD ARM/GOOD RUNNING ABILITY.

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

He made a couple terrible mistakes and now the rest of his body of work means nothing? I hate FSU, but you can't be serious with this. He isn't Luck coming into the draft, but still going very very high in the draft.

jds07v

With 5 of the top 7 NFL draft slots occupied by teams with QB problems, he's not going to drop very far

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    With 5 of the top 7 NFL draft slots occupied by teams with QB problems, he's not going to drop very far
    5 out of the 7? I think not. Don't see Tampa taking QB w 1st pick esp with their needs on O & D line. you could argue Tennessee. Jags going O line or CB or RB. Oakland and Wash not taking QB. You could argue the Jets & no way bears dropping cutler. I'd say no chance this guy goes in top ten.

jds07v

Never said they're taking them. Said they have qb problems which they do

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Winston skill set carries over to NFL game much better than Mariota's does. Only problem is that he is such a knucklehead. Winston=Big Ben Mariota= Klingler, Manziel, Timmy Chang, Case Keenum etc... Pure system QB buyer beware!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Winston has a tremendous arm
    Is he better than RG3??

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Got bust written all over him once he gets paid. These is no "sure thing" in this draft and hasn't been since Luck. Think Marcus might be a solid pro but certainly nothing to get excited about. Gonna be another rough year if you are trying to find a qb to lead a franchise to greatness unless you hit a lotto ticket like Pats/Brady forever ago.

cburland10
    cburland10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

Lol he lost his first game in like 2 years and you guys are hating on him? looks like a guy who wants it to me....

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

If you can't smell a bust especially at Qb a mile away then you don't know football. Nothing is 100% guaranteed but odds heavily favor him not making it. Would you trust this kid making football his top priority after he gets all that $$? Cause that's what you HAVE to do in order to be a top pro. Must be a great leader, talent, and live/eat/sleep football that's what the greats do. Winston to me looks like another jerkoff like Manziel who thinks he will just skate thru the Nfl on pure talent alone and not put the work in. He could surprise some of us but I wouldn't bank on it.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Guy is legit. Don't even compare his skills to manziel. Guys got all the skills and reads defenses like a vet. He will be a franchise qb for whichever team is lucky to grab him

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

God help me if my Bucs select him (will be shopping for a QB as always) and its a bad omen that Publix is already an official sponsor at the stadium.....he'll get all the free crab legs he wants legally if so

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Never compared his skills to Manziel just not sure his priorities right and he's got what it takes between the ears and maturity level to be a great much like Johnny who lacks these things. And before it's brought up I don't give a shit what his college major is. Plenty of dummies out there who went to and even graduated college.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Think my Raiders got a steal in Carr last year tho! Bet your sweet ass Rams, Brownies, wished to god they had drafted him. Or even Zona having him to groom or as insurance for Palmer. With those D's they are just a sig caller shy of really making noise.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Would you trust this kid making football his top priority after he gets all that $$? Cause that's what you HAVE to do in order to be a top pro. Must be a great leader, talent, and live/eat/sleep football that's what the greats do. Winston to me looks like another jerkoff like Manziel who thinks he will just skate thru the Nfl on pure talent alone and not put the work in.
    Agree 100% and then some. I see more downside than up in taking Winston anywhere in the draft.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

Russell Wilson is the quintessential new breed of NFL QB's of the future.
    That's what they said about RG3.
    And before that, JaMarcus Russell
    And before that, Michael Vick
    And before that, Randall Cunningham
    The days of the pure immobile drop-back passer are quickly coming to an end. Take nothing away from the greats but the game is evolving, stay tuned.
    People have been saying this for 3 decades now. We're still waiting.

2 summers ago, ESPN gave us wall-to-wall coverage of the read-option and how it will completely revolutionizing the NFL. Now, 2 seasons later, the read-option is like the wildcat; something you see every once in a while but nothing all that special.
    Last edited by BriGuy; 01-03-15 at 01:52 PM.

12 Last