JLester2015
    JLester2015's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Hockey may be the dumbest sport of all time, maybe even dumber than cricket

Well gee, let's make this sport where no one can score goals ever.

Oh, I know, to make it interesting, we'll sometimes call penalties on teams and force them to play with less players and then that team is somewhat more likely to score a goal for 2 minutes!

Is the checking entertaining? Yes, but holy shit, the entire premise of the sport is stupid as all hell.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by JLester2015 View Post
    Well gee, let's make this sport where no one can score goals ever.

Oh, I know, to make it interesting, we'll sometimes call penalties on teams and force them to play with less players and then that team is somewhat more likely to score a goal for 2 minutes!

Is the checking entertaining? Yes, but holy shit, the entire premise of the sport is stupid as all hell.
    You haven't been watching the Nashville Predators' opponents lately.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

John this is not where you wanna be when Jesus comes again. What if that dude shows up and is Canadian

JLester2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    You haven't been watching the Nashville Predators' opponents lately.
    What percentage of goals are scored under the power play? What would games look like do you think if there were no such thing as power plays? Just seems like a force to make the sport somewhat interesting. Luckily, the NBA is entertaining on its own so they don't have to play 5 on 4 for 2 minutes every foul. What a mockery that would be.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

You are a fukkin retard and 90% chance you are gay as well
    Points Awarded:

EasternPromises gave MickeyMan 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cashmoneyholla

JLester2015

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    You are a fukkin retard and 90% chance you are gay as well
    Solid contribution.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

What percentage of goals are scored under the power play? What would games look like do you think if there were no such thing as power plays? Just seems like a force to make the sport somewhat interesting. Luckily, the NBA is entertaining on its own so they don't have to play 5 on 4 for 2 minutes every foul. What a mockery that would be.
    If you are playing the Knicks, that's the equivalent of what is on the floor the entire game.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

All sports are penetrating lame if you dont have a bet on it there boring as fuk or if your not drunk.So whats your point? If you dont bet on a sport and watch it your a massive loser.

JLester2015

I am watching this Penguins/Flyers game and the Penguins essentially dominated the Flyers in the first period from my estimation. Guy commits a dumb cross checking penalty out of anger and then Flyers score immediately after. Just seems way too easy to score on the penalty, which they seem to have put in because it is way too hard to score 5 on 5.

Add in the fact that penalties are mostly just out of frustration just makes the sport even more pathetic.

EasternPromises
    EasternPromises's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

The guy who calls himself Jon Lester is criticizing hockey? Let me guess, baseball is your favorite sport? Go back under your rock please.

JLester2015

Quote Originally Posted by EasternPromises View Post
    The guy who calls himself Jon Lester is criticizing hockey? Let me guess, baseball is your favorite sport? Go back under your rock please.
    Maybe baseball should take a few players off the field when the players are rude or spit or adjust their cups. LMAO... you know I have a point.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Maybe baseball should take a few players off the field when the players are rude or spit or adjust their cups. LMAO... you know I have a point.
    Please stop you are embarrassing yourself.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

One inning, per inch, crotch grab penalty.

Ra77er

What happens if the pitcher gets sent to the dugout for 2 minutes though?

EDIT - Commercial break?

JLester2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    What happens if the pitcher gets sent to the dugout for 2 minutes though?

EDIT - Commercial break?
    The whole concept of removing players for infractions is just weird to me. I know it happens in soccer, but at least they have to be extremely severe.

Can you imagine what football would look like if teams lost players for a drive for every penalty? LOL... it'd be silly. The truth is, it's silly for hockey too and makes hockey games WAY too dependent on officiating, but it's accepted because it's too hard to score goals otherwise.

Ra77er

I can kinda see your angle here John but hockey is the shit man. You need to go to a game and get a corner seat on the glass. Although it has cleaned up a bit from years past that shit is ruthless and exciting as hell.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The whole concept of removing players for infractions is just weird to me. I know it happens in soccer, but at least they have to be extremely severe.

Can you imagine what football would look like if teams lost players for a drive for every penalty? LOL... it'd be silly. The truth is, it's silly for hockey too and makes hockey games WAY too dependent on officiating, but it's accepted because it's too hard to score goals otherwise.
    One thing that brings it a little closer to evening it out is the fact that there is no icing called during a power play. Shooting the puck to the other side can kill as much as 15-20 seconds of the penalty.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

hmmm..lets see...Guy in baseball sneezes, pulls a muscle, so goes to the disabled list. Guy in hockey gets face slashed by a skate and doesnt want to miss a fukking shift.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er, and MickeyMan

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am hockey mod and hate the sport

I just regulate a forum

JLester2015

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    hmmm..lets see...Guy in baseball sneezes, pulls a muscle, so goes to the disabled list. Guy in hockey gets face slashed by a skate and doesnt want to miss a fukking shift.
    Eh, there are tough baseball players too. Pitchers get called pussies, but technically every pitch they throw is structurally damaging their arm slightly. Human bodies are not meant to throw baseballs like that.

JLester2015

One thing that brings it a little closer to evening it out is the fact that there is no icing called during a power play. Shooting the puck to the other side can kill as much as 15-20 seconds of the penalty.
    So i'm watching this philly/pittsburgh game and there's been like 29 minutes of 5 on 5 time, not one single goal and really not close to a goal

1 minute of penalty time though combined between the 2 teams resulted in 2 goals...

From an outsider's perspective, I usually watch maybe 10-15 hockey games a year, this shit seems to be consistent. Just seems like penalties decide the game, which is boring for me. I hate basketball games decided by free throws in the same way. Or football games decided by 70 yard pass interference calls.

Anticlimactic.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

So i'm watching this philly/pittsburgh game and there's been like 29 minutes of 5 on 5 time, not one single goal and really not close to a goal

1 minute of penalty time though combined between the 2 teams resulted in 2 goals...

From an outsider's perspective, I usually watch maybe 10-15 hockey games a year, this shit seems to be consistent. Just seems like penalties decide the game, which is boring for me. I hate basketball games decided by free throws in the same way. Or football games decided by 70 yard pass interference calls.

Anticlimactic.
    Well one thing I will say, with the physical play, it sometimes does take quite a bit to get a penalty called.

JLester2015

Well one thing I will say, with the physical play, it sometimes does take quite a bit to get a penalty called.
    That's one thing I'd love to see... Maybe like one penalty per game. Do you have any idea how many penalties are called per game? Like what's the average?

JLester2015

And Philly adds a penalty goal to this game... lol... it's silly.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

That's one thing I'd love to see... Maybe like one penalty per game. Do you have any idea how many penalties are called per game? Like what's the average?
    It just depends. Went to the Predators game the other night against Vancouver, and they called about 6-7 of them. Normally its not that high. If you've never been to a game before, and live kind of close, I definitely recommend going to one. I have half-season tickets, and can definitely say they are a very affordable, and entertaining product in person.

JLester2015

It just depends. Went to the Predators game the other night against Vancouver, and they called about 6-7 of them. Normally its not that high. If you've never been to a game before, and live kind of close, I definitely recommend going to one. I have half-season tickets, and can definitely say they are a very affordable, and entertaining product in person.
    OH no, I've been to blackhawks games, they are social events for sure. Everyone is drinking and having a great time and the in person product is great. I have more fun at blackhawks games than Cubs games, but baseball is such a better sport, IMO. That's just how I feel. The only thing more fun than an NHL game is a good NFL game.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

OH no, I've been to blackhawks games, they are social events for sure. Everyone is drinking and having a great time and the in person product is great. I have more fun at blackhawks games than Cubs games, but baseball is such a better sport, IMO. That's just how I feel. The only thing more fun than an NHL game is a good NFL game.
    I'm with you on that. I will probably watch all 162 Astros games on League Pass this year. Was raised on the game, and just love it. Hockey was something I just discovered about 3-4 years ago.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11843

How anyone can sit thru a baseball game if they
    a. Dont have money on it
    b. Arent at the game and drinking

I Just will never understand.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Cricket is mint

JLester2015

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    How anyone can sit thru a baseball game if they
    a. Dont have money on it
    b. Arent at the game and drinking

I Just will never understand.
    With your avatar, you probably never will. Been throwing a baseball around since I was 5. There are beauties to the game that people not raised on it will never come close to understanding.

sjm5122

With your avatar, you probably never will. Been throwing a baseball around since I was 5. There are beauties to the game that people not raised on it will never come close to understanding.
    There are beauties to nascar but that doesnt make it any less boring

JLester2015

There are beauties to nascar but that doesnt make it any less boring
    As someone who was raised in the south, I vehemently disagree with this. Bunch of hillbillies driving fast with a bunch of wife beating hillbillies cheering them on. No beauty there.

sjm5122

As someone who was raised in the south, I vehemently disagree with this. Bunch of hillbillies driving fast with a bunch of wife beating hillbillies cheering them on. No beauty there.
    hahaha and the crowds at wrigley are any better?

Ra77er

Okay now you went too far, do not show up for another white meeting ever again. You are on your own now, hope the north will accept you.

JLester2015

hahaha and the crowds at wrigley are any better?
    Yes? The Wrigley crowd is generally well educated compared to other fan bases. I assume you're a soccer fan. Don't soccer fans throw bananas at black players and kill people when they lose?

12 Last