Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Gino gets it

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...402-story.html

"The bottom line is that nobody can score, and they’ll tell you it’s because of great defense, great scouting, a lot of teamwork, nonsense, nonsense," Auriemma said. "College men’s basketball is so far behind the times it’s unbelievable. I mean women’s basketball is behind the times. Men’s basketball is even further behind the times. Every other major sport in the world has taken steps to help people be better on the offensive end of the floor."

Make that Geno

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Personally I like what college basketball stands for. Makes each play very valuable, unrushed and pro-team oriented. Why push for a mini NBA when theyre just going pro in 1 year anyways?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle View Post
    Personally I like what college basketball stands for. Makes each play very valuable, unrushed and pro-team oriented. Why push for a mini NBA when theyre just going pro in 1 year anyways?
    Because when they get to the next level they are exposed and it takes time to see what you really have if anything at all. Youd see who really can score if they lowered that shot clock.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Longer shot clock....shorter game...and still almost the same points from the good teams...lol...

PaperTrail07

100% same here....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle View Post

PaperTrail07

I think it was an April Fools post

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

College basketball is a terrible product

Hu$tle

I don't think anyone cares about the regular season regardless new changes or not.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

I think he sees what we all do. Reduce the shot clock to 25 sec so teams must run offense

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

25sec shot clock is too short.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Toniest it works

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

All you do when you reduce the shot clock is produce more bad shots. Coaches need to start coaching; what kind of genius does it take to tell his players, "Let's have the point guard stand out near half court, doing nothing but idly dribbling. When the shot clock gets down to 5 seconds, go make a play." The three-point shot hasn't helped. The typical offensive set has four guys standing outside the line, passing the ball from one side of the court to another, until the shot clock forces them to do something.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

I just have no interest in the game until tournament time comes around. I loved it in the 80's when the players stayed 2-4 years. The teams had an identity. Nowadays, I can tell you who the head coach is, and that's about it. How can you get excited about rivalries, when you know the big players will be gone next year every season they play?

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Shot clock will be reduced to 30 seconds in the next fee years I believe

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15155

I like the product. U hate the body that over sees it.

PaperTrail07

NBA is the shit product....everyone knows that....league where 2-4 teams have a shot and we all know who they are....
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    College basketball is a terrible product

PaperTrail07

I dunno.....its interesting to see some teams get a lead and try to use the clock....1/2 the time it results inthe other teams coming back lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    I think he sees what we all do. Reduce the shot clock to 25 sec so teams must run offense

jjgold

The NBA is a much better product now compared to college basketball as many complaints are starting to surface nationally about the length of the last three minutes of games and all the timeouts being called and of course there is absolutely no player visibility any longer in college basketball

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Its awful basketball and the only thing that can help it is make them stay three or four years. Turning the shot clock down does nothing but see more bricks. Missed layups, taking the ball up with five guys around u and getting it shoved right back in ur face over and over again, with fifty timeouts and hundreds of fouls at the end, makes this completely unwatchable and if it wasn't for brackets and gambling nobody would watch this shit show. And lets not forget coach K getting eliminated early last year so now the refs will help him anyway they can to walked him into the finals like they did the year they played Butler. Poor Mich State has no prayer of winning that game.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Toniest it works
    Smokiest make sure u drink plenty of water

jjgold

The three-year rule would make college basketball An un real product

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I dunno.....its interesting to see some teams get a lead and try to use the clock....1/2
    the time it results inthe other teams coming back lol
    Agreed. Coach K is the worst at this. Consistently takes the "air out of the ball" too soon. Some of his more famous losses were the result of this: 2004 vs UCONN, 2002 vs Indiana and 1998 vs Kentucky. Hoping it happens again on Saturday.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...402-story.html

"The bottom line is that nobody can score, and they’ll tell you it’s because of great defense, great scouting, a lot of teamwork, nonsense, nonsense," Auriemma said. "College men’s basketball is so far behind the times it’s unbelievable. I mean women’s basketball is behind the times. Men’s basketball is even further behind the times. Every other major sport in the world has taken steps to help people be better on the offensive end of the floor."

Make that Geno
    He is right. Most sharp shooters in NBA are foreigners. But the college kids can dunk on unguarded rims for sure.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Hard to watch these games with foul after foul and timeout after timeout with more commercials in there than an NFL primetime game.

Hu$tle

You are right in the fact a lot of these kids can't shoot

jjgold

Charlie Hustle wants to make a run this month on getting high ranking poster of the month