The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Is Russel Westbrook > Kevin Durant

I waited to make this thread because initially even the thought of it was an over reaction

But for years he's performed nearly as well as KD, he's as clutch as they come in late game situations, especially at the FT line and this latest tear he's on is something not even KD has come close to accomplishing

I know the gut shot response is going to be a resounding NO but at worst they're now equals and all things considered, I give Westbrook the slight nod.

Going back years ago, I pointed out the RW didn't start playing basketball til late in his life and even at UCLA he backed up Darren Collison so his first few years in the NBA were basically OJT, he survived off of pure athleticism, completely unrefined, hence the high TO ratio and reckless style. Now he's a complete player and destroying the competition. He's getting players involved and going.

Playing on another level right now

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7360

He takes too many bad shots. Other than that I think he is even at least. Durant is just a tall lanky jump shooter.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

This is a silly question.

Westbrook is better and it's not even close.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Deemer has said this for 3 years.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Deemer has said this for 3 years.
    Deemer at minimum, you're three years ahead of your time.

The Kraken

I'm going to derail this thread as we now have both a quorum and a unanimous vote

KD's injury is a tough one to come back from

Wonder if he'll ever bee the same player for an entire season

We've seen he can play stretches and still score 30 with this injury but will he ever be able to do it again for an extended period of time

Only time will tell

Russels time is now

The Kraken

Mods please close thread

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Kraken, how are you an OKC fan and Seattle Seahawks fan?

Did you like OKC as the Supersonics? I don't get it.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

This is the wrong question to ask. Neither can win a championship on their own. They finally got the big needed inside and don't have kd. Sucks for them. Game over

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Kraken is a good poster.

90% of his threads are top-notch. Who cares if he misses one here or there?

He always comes back strong.

Never doubt this man.

NEVER.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Kraken, how are you an OKC fan and Seattle Seahawks fan?

Did you like OKC as the Supersonics? I don't get it.
    Deems you know the answer to this but I'll remind you anyhow

I lived in OKC for 35 years, had season tix to Thunder since their first year in OKC (had season tix to NO Hornets as well)

I now live in Seattle. Being a Seahawks fan here is fun because everyone gets involved. Plus I'm a big fan of the city of Seattle in general. Plus Steve Largent is a retired Seahawk and HOF WR AND he was a state representative in Oklahoma!

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Kraken is a good poster.

90% of his threads are top-notch. Who cares if he misses one here or there?

He always comes back strong.

Never doubt this man.

NEVER.
    Thanks Giant. I needed to read those words. Feeling down a bit after this thread.

I just don't have it in me to keep this one going.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's starting to look like a Westbrook is a much more effective player than Kevin Durant I never would've thought this

It's now Westbrooks team

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Fuk no

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Westbook clearly more valuable than Durant.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Is he the best player in the NBA? you can debate that.
    But hes the only player in the league I'd pay to watch.

ithinkiamgood
    ithinkiamgood's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3411

I live in ok.. I personally like Westbrook because he will go all out never takes a single play off. I like to put my money on a guy like that. He gets a bad wrap from the media and his percentages may be low I dont give a fukk.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Westbrook can dominate games. But his style can make your team lose when it wasn't necessary

jjgold

I don't think he's the best player in the NBA I would take Anthony Davis over him every time

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I don't think he's the best player in the NBA I would take Anthony Davis over him every time
    Lol. What hamburger shit. I have said for years I would take Westbrook over Durant any day of the week. All Durant ever did was shoot a shit ton, as in the lead the league in ft attempts cuz he got cheap whistles. Durant is not an aggressor and is allergic to posting up. Westbrook will he's go hard in the paint against 2 defenders and score. Durant just wants to sit out from 18 ft and shoot contested jumpers. Bet hes not even hurt that bad Thunder just don't want the controversy. Westbrook has been the best pg in the league the last 3 years end of discussion and gotten no cred on Espn so u fukkin extra pickle burgers thought he was over rated now u all are rimming him. Lol.

ithinkiamgood

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Lol. What hamburger shit. I have said for years I would take Westbrook over Durant any day of the week. All Durant ever did was shoot a shit ton, as in the lead the league in ft attempts cuz he got cheap whistles. Durant is not an aggressor and is allergic to posting up. Westbrook will he's go hard in the paint against 2 defenders and score. Durant just wants to sit out from 18 ft and shoot contested jumpers. Bet hes not even hurt that bad Thunder just don't want the controversy. Westbrook has been the best pg in the league the last 3 years end of discussion and gotten no cred on Espn so u fukkin extra pickle burgers thought he was over rated now u all are rimming him. Lol.
    god damn speak the truth man i would send you 2400 goddamn points if they would let me

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Westbrook best pg in nba. Ha!!!! He is top 5 but not at the top.

ithinkiamgood

Rose the only one comparable to Russ's athleticism, Rose just ended up a bust sad to watch.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kraken, cmon bro, I thought you were a hoops sharp... no way he's as good as Durant. RW puts up sexy stat lines, but so does the guy he is guarding every night. Jordan Clarkson put up 30 on him last night.

He's ranked 89/116 in FG% among those qualified (42%)... ranked 106/116 in adjusted FG% (45%)... leads the league in turnovers/game (4.3)... shoots more than anyone... plays no defense... his team is barely in the playoffs...

Pts/Reb/Ast dont tell the entire story, its all about effiency. Durant one of the most efficient players in the league. Any NBA player with a little talent can put up good stats if he shoots a lot, and plays 35+ minutes. Baffles me when guys come on here saying they'd take Westbrook over LeBron/Durant/Paul/Curry. People like to see the 27/7/7 stat lines and declare the guy the next Jordan... look a hair deeper and you get the real story.

Not saying he isn't good, I love the guy, and I think he is still getting better... but he has so much to learn if he ever wants to win something meaningful. I really hope he gets to go up against Paul. Paul plays defense, and will show RW what its all about.

If RW had half of Paul or LeBron's basketball IQ, he would be a top 10 player of all time, and OKC would have won 2 titles already
    Last edited by STAX; 03-25-15 at 06:09 AM.

jjgold

Durant just takes jump shots thats his problem

We all know that form of play is tough to win titles

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Westbrook best pg in nba. Ha!!!! He is top 5 but not at the top.
    Top 5? LMFAO! Name 1 who is better.

Megan Rochester
    Megan Rochester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13005

It would have been really fun to watch them perform together this season. Would they have shared the lime light? Would they have tried to outshine each other? If Durant had never sat out, would Westbrook even be playing as well as he is right now? I think Westbrook stepped up because he doesn't like to lose. Why haven't we seen this solid of an effort until now? That shows you he was lazy and dependent until he couldn't be anymore.

MVP ain't gonna happen for Westbrook this year.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Kraken, cmon bro, I thought you were a hoops sharp... no way he's as good as Durant. RW puts up sexy stat lines, but so does the guy he is guarding every night. Jordan Clarkson put up 30 on him last night.

He's ranked 89/116 in FG% among those qualified (42%)... ranked 106/116 in adjusted FG% (45%)... leads the league in turnovers/game (4.3)... shoots more than anyone... plays no defense... his team is barely in the playoffs...

Pts/Reb/Ast dont tell the entire story, its all about effiency. Durant one of the most efficient players in the league. Any NBA player with a little talent can put up good stats if he shoots a lot, and plays 35+ minutes. Baffles me when guys come on here saying they'd take Westbrook over LeBron/Durant/Paul/Curry. People like to see the 27/7/7 stat lines and declare the guy the next Jordan... look a hair deeper and you get the real story.

Not saying he isn't good, I love the guy, and I think he is still getting better... but he has so much to learn if he ever wants to win something meaningful. I really hope he gets to go up against Paul. Paul plays defense, and will show RW what its all about.

If RW had half of Paul or LeBron's basketball IQ, he would be a top 10 player of all time, and OKC would have won 2 titles already
    Mr. Nerver gets out of the 2nd round with more talent than the Thunder ever dreamed of? If Chris Paul was playing with Serge Ibaka as his 2nd best option his team would be sub .500 end of discussion. Basketball IQ has nothing to do with success in the NBA. Steve Nash has one of the highest basketball Iq's we have seen in the past 15 years guy never even made it to an NBA finals. OKC winning 2 titles LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe if they kept Harden and had no injuries you could MAYBE make that argument but to say they havent won a title or 2 cuz Westbrooks basketball IQ isnt high enough is beyond fukking laughable take a timeout for a a day!!!!! Efficiency you say? Who the fukk does he even have to give the ball to that is a legitimate threat to score? guy has to run the entiure fukking offense every single play cuz his coach is clueless. Which Scott Brooks has nothing to do with lack of titles right? My god are you DRUNK? You ask Doc Rivers who he could start a new team with today no questions asked no hesitation he would take Westbrook over slow, cant attack the hoop or run any tempo but slow Chris Paul?

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Still cant get over this. You give Chris paul the most efficient big in the league, an all star in Blake Griffin, 6th man of the year Jamal Crawford a Coach with Championship experience guy cant even get out of the 2nd round. Paul is too soft to win a title anyonje whi disagrees is fukkin RETARDED!!!!!! Westbrook is a BEAST. Faster stronger much more aggressive. Thats what wins you titles not the weak half court pick n roll ya to death Chris Paul runs. It doesnt win. You have to attack, ask LeBron, Kobe, D-Wade, you cant just bring the ball up nice and pretty and sweet, set up the half court offense which is pick n roll 90% of the time down the strech with Chris paul very easy to guard in the playoffs. No team has the interior D to deal with the Westbrooks, speed, aggression, strength and relentlessness, and as soon as they bring two guys down there hes gonna pull up for his patented quick FT line J faster than any move slow weak Gay Paul has. Chris Paul is the most overated PG to step on the court. NBA just likes him cuz hes black with no tats and a whiteboy name. SO espn sukked his dikk for a few years and now a bunch of people are doing the same.

jjgold

Paul cannot take a team anywhere

Its why he will never be a superstar

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

He may be, but Okc isn't winning a ring this year withouy KD

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    He may be, but Okc isn't winning a ring this year withouy KD
    Yes, they moss the contested Jumpers and zero defense. Zero rebounding Zero postup and guy 7 ft. Hopefull he eats a couple burgers while hurt get a lil meat on him.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Guys just hating Westbrook cuz he has best first name in the world and hes a True Religion model, you have any idea the vagin that dude is getting right now? Why the fukk you think hes fukkin around with a triple double every night? That strange pussy works wonders for your game, ask Tiger Woods negro hasnt won since he got some strange.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Durant was terrified of contact and posting up and gritty plays and tough d before his injuries this year, can you imagine when that brown gumby comes back how terrified he will be?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

They are both outstanding players. Thread over.

So many morons post long nonsense bullshit here. Sad when their long winded posts even manage to make a simpleton like jj seem slightly above mentally challenged.

12 Last