krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    I think so, what I posted is the NBA rule but I don't think goaltending rules differ HS, college or NBA.

I guess you could say it had an "opportunity" to hit the rim, but ive never seen the rule applied like that before.

Always though it had to be above the rim.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

NCAA coordinator of officiating on CBS now.

hes blind too, that was not going to hit the rim...it was past the rim.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Wouldn't have mattered if SMU didn't turn the ball over before that.

Just a burial of a day for in play players. You might see 1 game blown like that all season, and this afternoon there were 2. SMU blowing a 7 point lead with 1:24 left and Baylor a 12 point with under 3 minutes left. That stuff never happens.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    g. Touch any live ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to touch the basket ring. This is considered to be a "field goal attempt" or trying for a goal.

I think it would of been an airball but was close so not a horrific call.
    was unaware this was the definition.... i thought the ball had to have a chance to go into the hoop, which this shot clearly did not.... by definition this was the right call bc that shot probably hits the rim... and it was unreviewable, which is also ridiculous

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Krk, it was goaltend. Just move on or you're going to blow a gasket on the obvoius

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    Easily about half a ball height above the rim, so 6 inches or more. Blatantly obvious it wasn't below the rim as so many people are saying.

It's a close call, and a really tough call to make in real time. Anyone saying it's the worst call ever needs to go turn off any sport and pick up knitting.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    was unaware this was the definition.... i thought the ball had to have a chance to go into the hoop, which this shot clearly did not.... by definition this was the right call bc that shot probably hits the rim... and it was unreviewable, which is also ridiculous

The director of officiating is claiming nobody knows if it could have bounced in if it hit the rim....laughable

I mean if the rule is that it doesnt matter if it can go in fine...but there was no way it could have done in.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Easily about half a ball height above the rim, so 6 inches or more. Blatantly obvious it wasn't below the rim as so many people are saying.

It's a close call, and a really tough call to make in real time. Anyone saying it's the worst call ever needs to go turn off any sport and pick up knitting.

Above the rim would mean the entire ball is above the rim....obviously if any part of the ball is below the rim it does not have a chance to go in....

cassidysports
    cassidysports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I took UCLA Live in Game at +850 with about 3 minutes left.

Lets just say that coupled with a UAB upset has made for an incredible, incredible day. I have play money for the 1st 2 rounds now
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave Regul8er 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

In basketball, goaltending is the violation of interfering with the ball when it is on its way to the basket and it is (a) in its downward flight (b) entirely above the rim and has the possibility of entering the basket, and (c) not touching the rim

if it's an inch below the rim it's under dude. Def wasn't entirely above, not even close. And who would think that shot was anything but air and really had a shot to even touch the rim forget going in.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Sounds like some of you had SMU in the sweet 16 like I did.

Does anyone see a loss like this, then stop watching the tourney for awhile because you think your bracket sucks now, or is it just me?

This is why I didn't pick Kentucky to win it. I can get torn up in my bracket, and if they lose one game, I'm right back in it.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post

Lets just say that coupled with a UAB upset has made for an incredible, incredible day. I have play money for the 1st 2 rounds now
    Sure you did

TwoWays

That picture shows it all. Easy goaltend. No one is even talking about it cause it's not contreversal

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Above the rim would mean the entire ball is above the rim....obviously if any part of the ball is below the rim it does not have a chance to go in....
    It is above the rim, just watch the mp4 file at the top of Page 2.

I tried to copy and paste a picture from it but my snipping tool and paint keep crashing when I go to save and I do not have any other software on this computer to save it.

The pic cassidysports posted shows it above the rim, and that's actually a little further into the video so it was touched even higher to start

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Kidder that was an easy call. It's not even arguable. First call that ucla got that game
    Actually it was a great call cause it was made in live action. These guys calling it awful all had money on smu and let their bet blinders do the talking. I had no dog in the hunt and easily see that is goal tending.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    In basketball, goaltending is the violation of interfering with the ball when it is on its way to the basket and it is (a) in its downward flight (b) entirely above the rim and has the possibility of entering the basket, and (c) not touching the rim

if it's an inch below the rim it's under dude. Def wasn't entirely above, not even close. And who would think that shot was anything but air and really had a shot to even touch the rim forget going in.
    clearly had no chance to enter the basket, if it hit the rim it grazes the side.

don't know how anyone with a brain could dispute that.

Thor4140

if above the rim...which it wasnt.
    dude go get ur wife and let her view it for goodness sakes

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post

Fukin nostradamus over here. You really layed down money on UCLA when they had given up 17 unanswered?

Thor4140

Krk, it was goaltend. Just move on or you're going to blow a gasket on the obvoius
    is it possible he is getting an angle that we are not?

TwoWays

Reg back in the game? Your money and not a buddies? This smells like trouble

Thor4140

Fukin nostradamus over here. You really layed down money on UCLA when they had given up 17 unanswered?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I thought I was the only one who caught on to his fantasy

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

It wouldn't be changed in a million years so Smu ml backers move on brethren, on to the next one, don't let this game affect later games judgement.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

lol...reg is a "good" guy.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

I agree SMU f'd themselves just as much as the refs at the end. Still a ridiculous call though.

Exactly.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

you really are a fukkin moron aren't you?

not a single part of the ball was "below the rim" when it was touched. every single replay and photo clearly shows it was well above the rim.

face it, you're a complete fukkin loser who not only bet on SMU in basketball (LFMAO!), but also gave 4 points to a blue blood UCLA program while at it.
    seriously, how fukkin stupid do you feel right now?

Regul8er
    Wordd

Diod you see the $25 parlay I hit over the weekend for over 11k. That'll get ya back.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I just came here to see the people having a conniption over that call. The ball was on its way to hitting the rim and the kid interfered with it. End of story.

smu still had two clear looks at the basket to win and shit the bed. Not to mention that brutal turnover trying to clear half court.

Good or to see regul8er is back in the game. You're a sick man.
    Points Awarded:

TwoWays gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TwoWays

Reg I always root for you. But we've seen how the story pans out

Regul8er
    Wordd

HAHA.....just tossed a $50 on it. They were only down 6.......and the way games have been going today, you just never know.

Baylor put up a major run vs Georgia St and were up 10 with like 2 minutes left.....its March Madness

Regul8er
    Wordd

Reg I always root for you. But we've seen how the story pans out
    Thanks bud.....I appreciate it. I left myself a bankroll, and the rest kills my debt. None of us really leave the game. We may for months or a year....but we always come back.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Does your wife know about this?

TwoWays

Reg I rather liked your previous approach to gambling...by setting up a Ponzi scheme to fund your addiction

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol people are gonna claim the ball was way below the rim and the ball's trajectory was actually going up. smh...

First 123 Last