Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

If Murray St doesn't get an atlarge bid....

Something is really wrong, announcers on crack if they think this is not an Atlarge team

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

How do they not guard the 3 line?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

They have some pretty bad losses.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Something is really wrong, announcers on crack if they think this is not an Atlarge team
    Not according to Lunardi.

Joe Lunardi @ESPNLunardi · 21h 21 hours ago
    @MadsenCasey: @ESPNLunardi Where would Murray State be had they lost today?” N.I.T.

bballs84

It would be a shame.. Both these teams will give a good 1st round game

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Its an absolute joke if they don't get in, I'll write more on this later...

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Why do they deserve an at large bid? Look at their schedule, no big wins. Didn't play a hard out of conference schedule. Their SOS ranking is like 197, BPI is in the late 60's. They have bad losses to Portland, Houston, and Valpo. Valpo is a solid squad but they lost by like 30.

I show no mercy for these schools when they don't test themselves in the non-conf. schedule. Like what do they expect if they don't get the automatic bid.

bballs84

Eye test.. I would put them in.. Exciting, offensive team that can challenge anybody.. Payne a future star that can make a name for himself in march

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

whatever bro, you know you my guy but fukk what they think they deserve. out of conf was as sad as their conf. you wanna dance win that fukkin gm you had no business losing.. kick rocks and go get beat by a team that can play defense in the nit..

if you may not have noticed im a little bitter.. turned makings of good day into back to square 1 for the night gms..

KRIT

Exactly, bank get its. What did Murray State expect with that garbage non-conf. schedule. Only legit team they scheduled was Xavier, and Xavier isn't exactly world beaters.

LT Profits

Its an absolute joke if they don't get in, I'll write more on this later...
    There is no reason to take two teams from the Ohio Valley, Murray is only ranked 75th on Pomeroy (Before losing today).

KRIT

I'd much rather let in BYU over Murray St. At least BYU has beat a few good teams like St Mary's and Zags.

bballs84

Ya St Mary's a good team.. Got killed by Portland today.. Belmont would burry St Mary's

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Should have fukkin won that. Belmont circus ass shot. Unreal. Then Murray st should have got the ball in their best players hands but didn't.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

But I agree, would rather have one of the best shooting, one of the hottest teams, like Murray state, in the tourney over any SEC team other than UK or LSU (& maybe Arky).

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    Ya St Mary's a good team.. Got killed by Portland today.. Belmont would burry St Mary's
    Lol I didn't see they lost today. Ok not sure if I'd put in byu over them, but my point is at least they have quality wins.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    But I agree, would rather have one of the best shooting, one of the hottest teams, like Murray state, in the tourney over any SEC team other than UK or LSU (& maybe Arky).
    ill take lsu over murry st all day. they would abuse that team down low and they generally play better up tempo. outside sure they got that pg and sure he would do his thing. bottom line with that many possessions lsu physical dominance down low would show thru and hornsby id expect a big gm in that type pace..

not saying it couldnt happen but only if lsu pulls one of their no shows. why should the more talented overall team that played much better teams and beat many get left out on bases they inconsistent and have had temporary lulls playing more physical teams. while murry st got 27 wins vs no one close to the what? top 150? (excuse me illi st) and all they have to do is beat bucknell and they in. call me crazy but id take lsu to get that win if that what they needed ..
    Last edited by 2daBank; 03-07-15 at 08:49 PM.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

How can they not get in ranked 25th, as of right now??

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Of course LSU over murray

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    There is no reason to take two teams from the Ohio Valley, Murray is only ranked 75th on Pomeroy (Before losing today).
    I love you death as well as ken pom, but there is more to this game than his rankings

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Cameron Payne is a lottery pick, they could beat anyone of these 4-7 seeds

2daBank

lsu has a couple legit nba players on the front line and a sg that will play well in that style.. payne is very good, i wouldnt take him in top 10 after losing that gm. sure they can beat a lot of teams, but they didnt beat bucknell. this playoff time, handle your business if you play 244th out of conf schedule (or whatever it was)..

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    How can they not get in ranked 25th, as of right now??
    Same way SMU didn't get in ranked in top 25 on Selection Sunday last year. AP Ranking means nothing, OVC is a one-bid league.

LT Profits

I love you death as well as ken pom, but there is more to this game than his rankings
    Of course but they play in a weak conference and beat no one out of conference.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

simple eye test

And lets not forget that basically played a road game tonight.

bballs84

People taking a ton away from Belmont.. Well coached and deadly shooters.. A very successful program.. We know what happens when teams like this make the dance...

KRIT

But that isn't how selection committee works. It doesn't matter how good you are, it is what have you done. It isn't about potential, it is all about resume. Murray St has zero resume.

Every year there are about 5-10 teams that get left out that are better than teams that got in. Everyone knows the NCAA tournament isn't about the best teams, it's about the teams that "earned" it.

LT Profits

simple eye test

And lets not forget that basically played a road game tonight.
    Doesn't change the fact that they have not one quality win.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    But that isn't how selection committee works. It doesn't matter how good you are, it is what have you done. It isn't about potential, it is all about resume. Murray St has zero resume.

Every year there are about 5-10 teams that get left out that are better than teams that got in. Everyone knows the NCAA tournament isn't about the best teams, it's about the teams that "earned" it.
    Shaka Smart might argue this

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that they have not one quality win.
    Listen I might be an idiot....

Actually I probably am....

If Murray St isn't a top 32 or whatever Atlarge team then I'm the king of idiots...

2daBank

Listen I might be an idiot....

Actually I probably am....

If Murray St isn't a top 32 or whatever Atlarge team then I'm the king of idiots...
    i dont doubt you can argue that, probably even convince me but lsu wouldnt be the team who they took a bid from. more importantly fukk them for taking away hitting my goal for the day better luck next year, hope some crap nit low seeded power conf team kicks your asses on home court..

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

my biggest problem is and I have said it for years.. for smaller conferences the regular season is more or less pointless. you can be 16-0 within your conference but if you lose in a one game conference tournament you are out. happened to Davidson a few years back, will happen to Murray again this year. Also, its not always as easy as saying well they should of scheduled better, alot of times bigger schools dont want to play better than average mid majors as there is nothing for those schools to gain in that situation.

of the last 4 in, I think I'd rather see more mid majors ala (the murrays of the world) then temple, or texas etc.

i know its a money grab, and the fans love these conference tournaments but if you wanted the best teams in the ncaa tourney. they would go the way of the ivy league and have the regular season actually mean something, and have a one game play in if teams are tied
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave ebbearsfb1 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i dont doubt you can argue that, probably even convince me but lsu wouldnt be the team who they took a bid from. more importantly fukk them for taking away hitting my goal for the day better luck next year, hope some crap nit low seeded power conf team kicks your asses on home court..
    Dude LSU is of course in the dance

Shit Temple > Murray St

But the racers better be dancing
    Points Awarded:

mailbox gave Louisvillekid1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    my biggest problem is and I have said it for years.. for smaller conferences the regular season is more or less pointless. you can be 16-0 within your conference but if you lose in a one game conference tournament you are out. happened to Davidson a few years back, will happen to Murray again this year. Also, its not always as easy as saying well they should of scheduled better, alot of times bigger schools dont want to play better than average mid majors as there is nothing for those schools to gain in that situation.

i know its a money grab, and the fans love these conference tournaments but if you wanted the best teams in the ncaa tourney. they would go the way of the ivy league and have the regular season actually mean something, and have a one game play in if teams are tied
    i understand everything you saying and yea it certainly not as easy for them to schedule but more to the point they cant get teams to come there for home and home 2 year deals. so just put yourself out there and take gms away like ucsb and put yourself thru a brutal schedule, whats it matter if you lose the gms you in same spot anyway. obviously they have disadvantages but other teams have proven you can overcome them even if it isnt fair..

i do like what ivy league does but i do love the conf tourneys. i think it should be a source of pride for any team to win the reg season crown and to me means much more than nothing. nothing because they arent assured into dance? really so what, if they cant run thru their conf tourney they not running thru the 6 gms and winning it all, yes they could make a run but how is that more meaningful than any other accomplishment.

i dont disagree with your premiss, i just like the current format and dont think at the end of the day it matters if the best team doesnt make it..winning your conf reg season championship is a big deal in every conf to every team i believe so not meaningless.

2daBank

Dude LSU is of course in the dance

Shit Temple > Murray St

But the racers better be dancing
    temple is in? they wont be in my brackets long. they coulda won this tourney tho, maybe could be lying there, these fools cant score. of coarse you have to consider teams that play the slower pace win a high clip against more uptempo teams who dont know how to grind out wins with the likes of a temple..

123 Last