Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

Kentucky or the field?

I just bet my friend $500 straight up and took the field for the NCAA tournament...He obviously took Kentucky and thinks the Wildcats are going all the way...Heritage has Kentucky (+140) to go all the way...so did I make the right move fellas?!......I just have a gut feeling that Kentucky is going to lose...too many solid and good teams in this years field...I'll take my chances and the percentages...

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7787

you beat the odds at that book at least, so i would say you won from that perspective. no one's beating kentucky though, unless they lay down in the conference tournament. calipari is critical of the conference tournaments (especially when he has a great team) so i think that's the only time they could lose

Da Manster!

I think Villanova, Wisconsin, Arizona, Virginia, Duke are all playing great basketball and could very possibly take Kentucky out....and there are teams like Gonzaga, Wichita ST, Louisville, Notre Dame that could pull off the upset....too many variables, factors, and intangibles that could lead to Kentucky slipping up...Remember, all it takes is one bad shooting performance or some other team having a horseshoe up their ass and shooting lights out from the 3 point line...

Da Manster!

PS....and I don't think the SEC is all that great of a conference in hoops...IMO, just mediocre at best when you take Kentucky out of the equation.

texhooper

i agree about the sec. i still think no one is taking them out. i do wish you well on your bet, anyone can get hot from outside and take anyone out, theoretically. i personally don't see it happening, but kentucky is probably the square play after all.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

One and done setting, always a chance for a team to lose no matter how much talent they have. Some mediocre teams almost beat them during the regular season like Ole Miss and A&M.

Given proper prep and a good strategy, there are coaches and styles that can beat them.

texhooper

obviously there are teams that CAN beat them, but i'm saying that i personally feel that that probability is very small.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

I can only see Arizona beating them.

texhooper

zona one of the few teams that can match their size and length, i agree they would probably pose the best pound for pound matchup. namely stanley johnson and tarcziewski or however you spell it. that dude stanley johnson is a beast.

Da Manster!

Wisky has veterans as well...Kaminsky, Dekker, Gasser, etc....and if Kaminsky finds that magical stroke again from beyond the arc like he did in last years tournament, watch out...and also Villanova is a team that has kind of been under the radar all year long that I think can do some damage...they have both inside and outside scoring and they are my darkhorse to make a real deep run ...it's kind of funny because they too have been so dominant this year literally blowing everyone out just like Kentucky...and you can never count out coach K and Duke come tournament time...NBA talent on that roster as well...and the other great teams that I mentioned previously like Louisville, Gonzaga, Notre Dame, and Wichita ST...all very capable of beating the Wildcats....this is gonna be one helluva tournament!...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Ask Mercer if you can count coach K out.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Hope you win....

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I think the field is the only side to play in this situation.
    TOUGH to go undefeated. I think it almost wouldve been better had tucky lost a game.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

The field for sure. They may win it all, but the SEC is terrible. Not like going undefeated in the ACC or Big XII or a number of other conferences.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Zona is the only team that looks to me like they can beat UK

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I dont know why people think theyre invincible. its COLLEGE BASKETBALL. All it takes is a team to have their night and anyone can be beat.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Ask Mercer if you can count coach K out.
    Ask coach K about his four national championships...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Hope you win....
    thanks broadway...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I think the field is the only side to play in this situation.
    TOUGH to go undefeated. I think it almost wouldve been better had tucky lost a game.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing Tham12...and the fact that this years field has many good teams that more than capable of making a deep run...and unlike last year, Kentucky has the bullseye on their backs...every team they face is going to bring their "A" game...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    The field for sure. They may win it all, but the SEC is terrible. Not like going undefeated in the ACC or Big XII or a number of other conferences.
    this

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would take KU

Who will beat them on neutral court??

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

the field

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Put the 500 on Kentucky +140.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19551

If you 're funded at Heritage put $358 on Kentucky and you can't lose. IMO, Kentucky should be more than even money to win the tourney only because the SEC isn't much this year.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Put the 500 on Kentucky +140.
    I made a straight wager with a friend...$500 SU...He took Kentucky and I took the field...Just a bet between two friends...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    If you 're funded at Heritage put $358 on Kentucky and you can't lose. IMO, Kentucky should be more than even money to win the tourney only because the SEC isn't much this year.
    Yes, I have accounts at 5Dimes, Heritage, and Betdsi......However, like I mentioned in my first post, this was just a gentlemen's bet between my friend and I...He has Kentucky and I have the field...$500 straight up!...

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I made a straight wager with a friend...$500 SU...He took Kentucky and I took the field...Just a bet between two friends...
    But if you put $500 on kentcuky +140, your bet with your friend becomes risk free.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    But if you put $500 on kentcuky +140, your bet with your friend becomes risk free.
    I see what you are saying but there really is no need to hedge in this situation...I'm going for the kill...I firmly believe Kentucky will lose in this tournament...I'll take my chances.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I just bet my friend $500 straight up and took the field for the NCAA tournament...He obviously took Kentucky and thinks the Wildcats are going all the way...Heritage has Kentucky (+140) to go all the way...so did I make the right move fellas?!......I just have a gut feeling that Kentucky is going to lose...too many solid and good teams in this years field...I'll take my chances and the percentages...
    kentucky is free money.

drbellhead
    drbellhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3274

Have to go with the field with you......if a team can slow them down and keep them in the 60 pt range they could get upset....

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

I love Wisky's chance to beat them, they almost had them last yr and are basically returning the same team and have the perfect big to move their bigs out of the paint. My concern would be them getting killed on the glass. Arizona is a little inconsistent for me, they can hang down low, but their guards would have to be on their A game. Duke is the only other team i could see beating them besides the other 2 i mentioned.

texhooper

this thread is the ultimate sbr conundrum. on one hand you have most everyone in the thread leaning one way, and you know what that means. then you have me, the lone voice of dissent until...big bear and jj step in and agree with me. afraid we have no clear signs here gentlemen

Da Manster!

I kind of figured it would be a near 50/50 split...I was definitely curious to see how my fellow SBR degens would have wagered on this proposition...and after watching some of the SEC tournament games today, I'm even more convinced and confident of taking the field!...

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

There's a reason it hasn't happened since 1976 - very hard to do. Give me the field!

Da Manster!

I agree Art!...good to see a lot of OG's posting in this thread!...

12 Last