iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Why the Mets should trade Noah Syndergaard and Matt Harvey...

July 8th, 1993, it was a Thursday. I had great seats behind the dugout, and was pumped to see the next great pitcher for the Oakland Athletics. He was being compared to Nolan Ryan. (whose pitches I used to chart on graph paper as a kid) His name was Todd Van Poppel... Three walks and a Mo Vaughn grand slam later, I was completely confused. This wasn't supposed to happen! The A's were down 4-0 and they weren't even out of the first inning! They would go on to lose the game 11-9. Van poppel ended up pitching 3 innings, giving up 7 earned runs on 5 hits and 5 walks. It wasn't cool... Van Poppel would never live up to expectations. His fastball was too straight, didn't hold runners very well, and quite frankly, didn't know how to pitch.

I was watching another up-and-comer the other day on TV that made me want to write this... His name was Noah Syndergaard. I hate to say it but he kinda reminded me of Todd Van Poppel. Now, I could be way off with this comparison, but for some reason I think the Mets will regret not moving this guy while he still has a ton of value. On the surface, he's a big guy that throws hard, but I see a young kid that will struggle to hold runners and keep his walks down. This is a recipe for disaster, especially in today's game where speed is making a comeback. Pitching at Citi Field will help him, but I will be surprised if he ever reaches expectations. Bold Prediction: Syndergaard will never win 13 games in a season for his entire career

If you hated that comparison, this one might make you angry... But the more I watch the Matt Harvey, the more I see the one-time Athletic, Rich Harden!! Harden won over 60% of his decisions and ended his career with a 3.76 ERA. What's wrong with that you ask? Well, he just couldn't stay healthy! They have the same build, same easy motion, same 98 mph fastball, and dare I say it? Same propensity to get injured?

What always caught my eye when I watched Harden pitch was how easily he could throw a ball so HARD! He seemed way to short and his motion was just too compact to create so much velocity. His body didn't look like a pitchers either. He looked more like a bodybuilder. Now, whether or not he was taking anything, nobody knows, but I'll just say what he was doing on the mound did not look natural at all! And maybe, just maybe, that's why he always ended up hurt? When I watch Matt Harvey pitch, it eerily reminds me of Harden... Bold Prediction: Harden ended his career with 59 wins. Harvey won't reach 100 wins for his career.

So my message to Mets GM Sandy Alderson. (who was ironically once the GM of the Athletics)

History repeats itself! Take a chance and trade these guys. You'll be a legend! Hint. Hint. The Marlins young outfielder might be a Hall of Famer one day... And I'm not referring to Stanton...

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6423

Didn't read any of that garbage. Harvey is the truth
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Sooo trade Syndegaard because you "see a young kid that will struggle to hold runners and keep walks down"

Lol

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Worst thread posted in quite a while, and that's some stiff competition with homos like rocket and seaweed

Rich HArden? Seriously? Never has been and never could have been on the same planet as Harvey.
    Yes, harden had a few decent seasons. He had an above average hook and DECENT fastball (nothing close to Harvey's velocity), but Harvey is a phenomenon. Harden barely played one full season in his career without gettin hurt I bet. Never saw someone on the DL more.
    You're talkin about a guy who came out last week in his first preseason game and first action in 2 years throwing 99 with a disgusting deuce that looked like a 19 year old Dwight Gooden. And he was doing it with ease.
    A guy who is also making the league minimum basically as well.
    Yeah, good luck being the GM who trades him away. Would be the last job of his career in all likelihood.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Yelich

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

If I was the Mets GM I could see trading Matt Harvey and Noah Syndergaard to the Rockies for Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitski but they would probably have to throw in Cuddyer or Grandyman.

Harvey is good but i def would be worried if I was a Mets fan that he will never stay healthy and i do see the comparisson to Rich Harden. I guess some of the guys on here are too young to remember Rich Harden but he was a stud when on the mound he just couldnt stay healthy.

but i guess the same arguement could be made for Tulo and Cargo.

Mets really need hitting more than they need Harvey and Syndergaard

Harvey is not capable of giving the Mets 200 + innings this year and they will baby him the same way the Nationals baby Strasburg.

Syndergaard aint going to help the Mets this year. He is immature a fukk and he just aint polished. Mother fukker was eating a damn sandwhich in the clubhouse while he was team was playing a game. Reminds me of Josh Beckett eating KFC and drinking miller lites.

Mets would be fine without Harvey and Syndergaard if they could add hitting.

Bartolo Colon
    Johnathan Niese
    Jacob deGrom
    Zack Wheeler

are all studs

IMO Jacob deGrom is the true ace of the staff.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Worst thread posted in quite a while, and that's some stiff competition with homos like rocket and seaweed

Rich HArden? Seriously? Never has been and never could have been on the same planet as Harvey.
    Yes, harden had a few decent seasons. He had an above average hook and DECENT fastball (nothing close to Harvey's velocity), but Harvey is a phenomenon. Harden barely played one full season in his career without gettin hurt I bet. Never saw someone on the DL more.
    You're talkin about a guy who came out last week in his first preseason game and first action in 2 years throwing 99 with a disgusting deuce that looked like a 19 year old Dwight Gooden. And he was doing it with ease.
    A guy who is also making the league minimum basically as well.
    Yeah, good luck being the GM who trades him away. Would be the last job of his career in all likelihood.
    props for calling Rocket a homo though.

i like anyone who talks shit about him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    If I was the Mets GM I could see trading Matt Harvey and Noah Syndergaard to the Rockies for Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitski but they would probably have to throw in Cuddyer or Grandyman.

Harvey is good but i def would be worried if I was a Mets fan that he will never stay healthy and i do see the comparisson to Rich Harden. I guess some of the guys on here are too young to remember Rich Harden but he was a stud when on the mound he just couldnt stay healthy.

but i guess the same arguement could be made for Tulo and Cargo.

Mets really need hitting more than they need Harvey and Syndergaard

Harvey is not capable of giving the Mets 200 + innings this year and they will baby him the same way the Nationals baby Strasburg.

Syndergaard aint going to help the Mets this year. He is immature a fukk and he just aint polished. Mother fukker was eating a damn sandwhich in the clubhouse while he was team was playing a game. Reminds me of Josh Beckett eating KFC and drinking miller lites.

Bartolo Colon
    Johnathan Niese
    Jacob deGrom
    Zack Wheeler

are all studs

The fact that deGrom made it ok through the second half of the year was a good sign. Teams got to see him again and he was fine.

Another thing to add, Mets supposedly have more pitching in the minors to bring up. They have strength to trade at that position.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

Bartolo Colon
    Johnathan Niese
    Jacob deGrom
    Zack Wheeler

are all studs

You're an idiot

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

ok nash i am the idiot but you watch womens basketball.

anyhow i am not saying Harvey and Syndergaard arent both studs.

I didnt say i would trade them for a bag of peanuts.

I said I would consider trading them for Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitski who are in my opinion the best 3-4 combo in baseball other than Miggy and V-Mart and Joey Bats and Edwin Encarnacion.

Tulo and Cargo are great players nasher.

Mets have an abundance of good arms but not very potent line-up.

stevenash

ok nash i am the idiot but you watch womens basketball.
    And I make bank betting women's basketball, and you are still a broke dik fuk who can't turn pro, because you don't have 200 to your name.

Tulo and Cargo can't stay healty, I am SBR premier baseball expert, and you're still an idiot.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    And I make bank betting women's basketball, and you are still a broke dik fuk who can't turn pro, because you don't have 200 to your name.

Tulo and Cargo can't stay healty, I am SBR premier baseball expert, and you're still an idiot.

oh dear lord... you take this posting stuff way to seriously.

carry on. I am not here to compare rooster size with you pal. I will have a MLB thread this year and I will let my picks do the talking.

stevenash

oh dear lord... you take this posting stuff way to seriously.

carry on. I am not here to compare rooster size with you pal. I will have a MLB thread this year and I will let my picks do the talking.
    You have no clue, anyone who thinks the Rockies have a good pitching staff is as clueless as Benny.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

never ever trade good pitchers for hitters

hitters do not win world series pitchers do

thread over

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

how many shortstops can hit like Tulo JJ?

guy is arguably the best hitter in the game and he plays a position where most teams just settle for a guy who plays good defense.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

You have no clue, anyone who thinks the Rockies have a good pitching staff is as clueless as Benny.
    Im clueless? Get real you stupid fukk
    WTf are you babbling about anyways?
    Go back to your hole and keep sucking yourself off you fkn queer.
    You bet $100 a game how are you even calling bear out?
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave BennyBigNuts 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I rather have a 18-6 pitcher anyday with a low earned run average over a guy that bats 330, 25, hrs , 100 RBI's

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Benny still broke and living in a cardboard box

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They also have a pitcher named Steven Matz who could be pretty good.

I don't think trading Syndergaard is completely ridiculous. They're going to have to hang onto Harvey though.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Syndergaard got hit pretty hard a couple times last year pitching for the Las Vegas 51's

that is a mighy tough park to pitch in though.

stevenash

^^
    Kershaw got hit pretty hard pitching for the Dodgers twice in succession pitching for the Dodgers in September last season.
    But that's a might tough league to pitch in though.

What's your point idiot?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

^^
    Kershaw got hit pretty hard pitching for the Dodgers twice in succession pitching for the Dodgers in September last season.
    But that's a might tough league to pitch in though.

What's your point idiot?
    fukk you nasher.

seriously fukk you pal.

suck my fukkin dikk.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i hope you lose every fukkin bet you make this summer man. Foreal.

you are real scumbag

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Probably a good time to bump this after Harvey was just cut and Noah about to get shipped..

If you’ll notice, predicted Yelich HOF career over 4 years ago..

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Mets better not trade Thor

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

off the market

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    off the market
    Good to hear

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Side note: Syndergaard has been taking classes in Stock Market inv esting in his free time. He has been interviwed by Kramer of Mad Money. Says is is paranoid about being one of those fools who blows millions on sports Cars and LV weekends and suddenly gets injured.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    Side note: Syndergaard has been taking classes in Stock Market inv esting in his free time. He has been interviwed by Kramer of Mad Money. Says is is paranoid about being one of those fools who blows millions on sports Cars and LV weekends and suddenly gets injured.

his blood aint tainted