I love openers

smize
    smize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

What is openers

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

This is why I hate the NBA. Hard to watch some of these games never mind try and bet on them. Besides the injuries and missing games, you never know when a team will show up and give you a full effort of 4 quarters.
    Sometimes a team gets down and then they just take it easy and conserve their energy for the next game. That's why I learned not to GAMBLE on the NBA, way too unpredictable, plus too many games everyday. I think a better approach is to not bet the game line and just watch the first half and then you have a better idea how to gauge and proceed how the second half will go. Then bet the second half lines. Many times I bet a game and after watching I KNEW I WAS ON THE WRONG SIDE.Then I would wait for second half line to come out and if I got a good number I would bet it and most of the time I was able to get my money back.
    That's why live wagering and second half betting has become very popular and the oddsmakers have been very sharp with their numbers, but I think that's where the EDGE is. I think if you have the time and discipline, better to just watch and wait and see the scores at half time and just play second half lines. To me, season to long and bad product to watch. Got to live life and can't be bothered following and studying games everyday, much better to bet College. Save the bankroll for March and NBA playoffs which seem to go to the end of FUKING June. But that's me , I'm a football guy.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of NBA openers are not up anymore so that offsets uncertainty of who is playing

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10564

Everyone tries to beat the book, get the best lines, middle two games and do their own capping.
    In reality, the books are your friend. They just don't throw their odds out willy nilly. They know what they are doing.

I pick my games 1/2 hour before they start. All the money/ odds have usually settled down by then.

I'm a ML fave of the day better of -222 and lower (1.45 dec and higher). You could also use that number to bet ATS
    with good success. That's how I use the books to my advantage.

Some might say I'm full of shit, but I'm plus money in every sport using the above.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Teams are copying the Spurs and are resting players. You just need to make playoffs. Seeding is not important.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Teams are copying the Spurs and are resting players. You just need to make playoffs. Seeding is not important.
    The spurs deemed homecourt and seedings very very important last year. The had the best regular season record in the league. 62-20 if I recall. You are full of it Pavy.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The Spurs have been resting players for the last 10 years. They don't always get #1 seed.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    That's exactly what's been going on. Same as hockey, just get in the playoffs. Teams rather be healthy and well rested, season way to long and is a Fuking joke and half the teams make it in. All about the revenue $$$$

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

I got screwed by Atlanta last night as well. Two nights in a row... What kind of 4th quarter was that?

Pavy's right. With so many games they don't really have much choice and have to give some players a rest every now and then. The thing is that we don't learn about it until it's too late most of the time.

Take Sacramento for example today. Cousins is listed as "doubtful" for today's game against Portland. Without Cousins the Kings have been bad.

This is especially bad for overseas bettors who can't stay up all night waiting for game time to make a decision.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7763

Strikes again tonight, Tony Allen, Zach Randolph, and Beno Udrih all out for the Grizzlies. I wish I could get my money back. I would say if three motherfukkers who get good playing time are announced out then that should be the equivalent of a pitching change and the shit is voided

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Get you arses on twitter fellas and get ahead of the game.
    Points Awarded:

United112 gave smoke a bowl 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

How about Atlanta last night resting 3 starters? They took 41 points out of the line up! Millsap, Korver and Carroll. Atlanta has been doing this quite often lately...

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14706

It gets tough down the stretch. How can you bet when the injury report has things like...
    R. Artest - Doubtful (Fell down the stairs today)
    R. Artest - Questionable (Drank too much Hennessey's)

United112
    United112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Get you arses on twitter fellas and get ahead of the game.
    Bingo.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Is twitter or espn quicker on real injuries??

Line services are just copying tv

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Honestly fellas i only bet totals so i LOVE openers unlike ATS plays where you have time to wait on the market to reveal its self with totals every point matters and you HAVE TO bet the openers to be successful long term. Hell most of the time totals aren't affect by a rested star unlike ATS where the team with the rested star always plays above their heads because he sat lol only in the NBA.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Is twitter or espn quicker on real injuries??

Line services are just copying tv
    Twitters the real deal jj, i have a separate twitter account with JUST BEAT WRITERS. I follow 2 from each team theres nothing i wont know before espn and other sources. Its crucial to my business cause since i only bet openers on my totals the rest of my day is spent making fantasy line ups and i need to know whos in and out. Twitters the way to go.

First 12