davidg123
    davidg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Will This Strategy Work in Long-Term?

First, a little background. After putting $100 into my account I made some poor decisions and my account was down to $5 and 2 cents. I have started implementing this strategy the majority of my bets and I am now up to around $116, however, I want to check with "experts" to see if y'all think this will work in the long-term. I am 6-0 using this strategy but still unsure about its long-term viability.

Basically what I do is parlay a medium-ish favorite that I am sure will win (usually around -150 to -250) with a large favorite (usually around -250 to -350) and this usually will amount to around even odds. The large favorite is merely used to strengthen the value of the medium favorite and is not my "main bet" for the parlay (although it is often closer than the main bet!).

What do y'all think?

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

It's about picking winners, if you can pick winner it will work. But playing favorites on bigger money lines is no magic trick and you will go broke just a fast or faster if your picking losers.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

No.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Generally its a strategy that is set up to fail. If you are "sure" that the medium favorite will win that why the need for the parlay?

MT2013
    MT2013's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

NOTHING, i repeat NOTHING works long term. Plenty of things work in the short term, that is because the true odds havent caught up to them yet. The juice is the main problem. I wont even say learn to pick games, because the Seattle/NE game was the perfect game to bring this up. if you had seattle, you had everything you needed, except a coach who wasnt a bonehead.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Without any statistical reasoning behind your bets, no. If you "think" you're just good at picking winners and may be for this small stretch, be ready for reality to set in a few weeks

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by davidg123 View Post

Basically what I do is parlay a medium-ish favorite that I am sure will win (usually around -150 to -250)
    lol...if you can pick "for sure" games in the -150 to -250 range you should get wealthy. Why even parlay anything if you are that confident?

Anyways, hitting -150 to -250 games are super hard. Its hard enough picking games in the -500 range bc there are upsets every day.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

First, a little background. After putting $100 into my account I made some poor decisions and my account was down to $5 and 2 cents. I have started implementing this strategy the majority of my bets and I am now up to around $116, however, I want to check with "experts" to see if y'all think this will work in the long-term. I am 6-0 using this strategy but still unsure about its long-term viability.

Basically what I do is parlay a medium-ish favorite that I am sure will win (usually around -150 to -250) with a large favorite (usually around -250 to -350) and this usually will amount to around even odds. The large favorite is merely used to strengthen the value of the medium favorite and is not my "main bet" for the parlay (although it is often closer than the main bet!).

What do y'all think?
    It's small timer thinking to not want to bet at -odds. You may well lose slower that way if you use sensible bet sizes but it's no more likely to win in the long run than taking the -150 and -250 picks straight. You'd probably be better off trying to find +odds dogs you like if it's just about not laying -odds bets, as that way you are not multiplying the 'juice' component of two separate bets.

If you are making $100 deposits it probably is smart to think like a small timer though. And parlays are a way to give yourself a shot at a decent payout on a small bet.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

What do y'all think?
    yeah thats one of the better strategies i have seen.

post the picks BEFORE the game starts if you want to pound your chest.