stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    And I sound like a "fukking moron" when you are picking SMU to get to the final 4!
    21 and 5
    Brutal schedule. Top 10 SoS out of conference.
    There's a lot to like about the 'Stangs.
    Don't sleep on them Soxy

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

Gonzaga is vulnerable #1 being challenged by st marys and pacific. Wouldnt be surprised if they lose to a summit team first round

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Gonzaga is vulnerable #1 being challenged by st marys and pacific. Wouldnt be surprised if they lose to a summit team first round
    Were not impressive last night.
    They were lucky St. Mary's folded up like a cheap table the last 8 minutes last night.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Wouldnt be surprised if they don't get a 1 seed.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Wouldnt be surprised if they don't get a 1 seed.
    They will be a 1-seed as long as they win out. That is good for brackets though, remember SBR contest gives seeding difference bonus for upsets.

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    They will be a 1-seed as long as they win out. That is good for brackets though, remember SBR contest gives seeding difference bonus for upsets.
    They could very well be knocked out by an 8 seed in round 2. Especially if the committee blows it again and puts a team equivalent to Kentucky as an 8 seed like last year

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Were not impressive last night.
    They were lucky St. Mary's folded up like a cheap table the last 8 minutes last night.
    Bottom line is they pulled out the win. And not like St Mary's is a bunch of scrubs, they're a solid team. Plenty of top 10 teams have lost on the road. Better way to measure Zags was their non conference schedule which they challenged themselves and beat some good teams and took Zona to OT in Tuscon.

LT Profits

21 and 5
    Don't sleep on them Soxy
    Problem with SMU is they have not BEATEN anyone. Yes they improved their non-conference schedule this year but they lost all of their toughest games.

meader99

Who is the committee going to leave out? Tough to find a team with 3 better road wins than Duke. That leaves wisky or Virginia getting left out, both of which are stronger than the Zags.

KRIT

Who is the committee going to leave out? Tough to find a team with 3 better road wins than Duke. That leaves wisky or Virginia getting left out, both of which are stronger than the Zags.
    I think either Duke or UVA will get bounced. Hard for one conf. to send two #1 seeds.

LT Profits

Lunardi has Wisconsin as a 2-seed right now (and in the same region as Kentucky even though I personally think they are the two best teams in the country ). Yes it will be a tough call choosing two from Duke, VA and Wiscy but I think that's what it will come down to as long as Zags finish 33-1 or whatever. Gonzaga had strong non-conference sked and only lost in OT at Zona.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Problem with SMU is they have not BEATEN anyone. Yes they improved their non-conference schedule this year but they lost all of their toughest games.
    LT took the words out of my mouth. I hate people that say "those are quality losses". It means you did not win. Sure SMU played quality teams but they can't win a quality game. They will be lucky to get out of the first weekend imo
    Last edited by Soxsfan9; 02-22-15 at 04:14 PM.

meader99

Lunardi has Wisconsin as a 2-seed right now (and in the same region as Kentucky even though I personally think they are the two best teams in the country ). Yes it will be a tough call choosing two from Duke, VA and Wiscy but I think that's what it will come down to as long as Zags finish 33-1 or whatever. Gonzaga had strong non-conference sked and only lost in OT at Zona.
    Especially since they will play without their starting pg for 6 weeks of the year. No way wiscy should be off the 1 line. They certainly have all the tools to beat Kentucky should they meet. Also having one of the best coaches doesn't hurt.

LT Profits

21 and 5
    Don't sleep on them Soxy

LT took the words out of my mouth. I hate people that say "those are quality losses". It means you did not win. Sure SMU played quality teams but they can't win a quality game. They will be lucky to get out of the first weekend imo
    Going by Lunardi's bracket right now, I would have SMU losing their first game to LSU.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Going by Lunardi's bracket right now, I would have SMU losing their first game to LSU.
    Yes

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Can't pick final 4 not knowing the final brackets but this is probably the most wide open tournament. Kentucky is no doubt best team but they are young and have't played many different style teams.
    KTY
    WISC,VIRG
    then VILL, ARI, Kansas.
    Long shot Utah, Duke,

LT Profits

Especially since they will play without their starting pg for 6 weeks of the year. No way wiscy should be off the 1 line. They certainly have all the tools to beat Kentucky should they meet. Also having one of the best coaches doesn't hurt.
    Also if Duke wins ACC Tournament, it becomes easier to drop Va to a 2-seed considering Duke won in Charlottesville (and Virginia would have a second loss, quite possibly to Duke again).

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

Gonzaga starts slow a lot St marys is not a bad team Zags started slow SMC started really hot. Zags come out at half time show some toughness and win at SMC's court on senior night when they are extra fired up. I don't think Zags are the best team but they are not to be slept on. I would take them over Vir and definitely Utah. Utes won't go far they aren't that good, some team will come in hot and light them up from three point land and they won't be able to counter.

And LSU can definitely beat SMU if the good LSU shows up they could embarrass them

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

You 'numbers' guys don't watch the game I guess. I can confidently say I watch more college bball than anyone I know, and likely more than anybody on SBR. I've seen SMU play and one thing I know is they are a much better team with Kennedy in the mix. In the first couple months Kennedy was ineligible and they lost some tough games.

It's not like I'm guaranteeing them a final four run, we haven't even seen the damn brackets yet. I'm just saying, without knowing matchups, SMU is a scary team that has FF potential.

stevenash

^
    I've seen all UConn games and that includes the loss to SMU.
    Being a UConn homer, I can safely say I have seen at least 25 AAC games this season so far, SMU is legit.

KRIT

SMU is good, but don't really see them being a darkhorse in the tournament. Outside of Moody they are pretty average imo. I am a big Nic Moore fan, that kid can flat out ball.

Two darkhorses in the tournament will be Notre Dame and Oklahoma. Two of the better scoring teams in the nation, and both have great guard play. Any team can win in the tourney as long as you have both of those.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Kentucky
    Duke
    UNC
    Baylor

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    SMU is good, but don't really see them being a darkhorse in the tournament. Outside of Moody they are pretty average imo. I am a big Nic Moore fan, that kid can flat out ball.

Two darkhorses in the tournament will be Notre Dame and Oklahoma. Two of the better scoring teams in the nation, and both have great guard play. Any team can win in the tourney as long as you have both of those.
    Agree with you on ND & OU.... Two teams you do not want to come across in the tourney. Type of teams that could get hot and go on a deep run, or go cold and get upset.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    UK
    Gonzaga
    SMU
    Wisconsin

'Sleepers' to consider: Indiana, Notre Dame, Villanova,
    SMU???

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Wisconsin/Iowa St/Kentucky/Duke

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

SMU will be bounced before the sweet 16

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

No love for Iowa St.?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    No love for Iowa St.?
    Not from me, although that could change. Biggest knock was their play on the road, but now suddenly won back-to-back roadies at Okie State and Texas. I am on the fence with them right now.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Not from me, although that could change. Biggest knock was their play on the road, but now suddenly won back-to-back roadies at Okie State and Texas. I am on the fence with them right now.
    Makes sense.

First 12