jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone Have An Angle On Kansas@ West Virginia??

I leaned towards Kansas..real hot team and good on road

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

KU.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Line so short for a reason. West va opened as the fav. If they win its not an upset.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Way too much love for Kansas..

jjgold

West Va in my opinion is not a big game team

My only angle
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

lots of points. who wins, hell if i know..wvu likes to speed teams up, ku offense is better when they getting up and down. once they break the press they will be able to get whatever they want.. other side wvu should be able to do a little work on the offensive glass as ku hasnt been controlling rebounds, that should help keep us away from any long scoreless stretches. most wvu's offensive problems ive seen came against zone, shouldnt have to worry bout that as ku aint playing zone.. not only should this be a bit of a track meet but we will also get plenty of points with the clock stopped as wvu fouls and draws fouls like crazy. you guys can argue bout who gonna win, whoever it is gonna have to put up damn near 80 to do so..

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

WVU is athletic and fullcourt presses all game. I'm not sure how Kansas will handle it.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    WVU is athletic and fullcourt presses all game. I'm not sure how Kansas will handle it.
    at times it will bother them, it better for wvu's sake anyways. cause whenever ku breaks the press they gonna get whatever they want going to the rack or spotting up for open treys. huggys squad doesnt have much understanding other than see ball, get ball, foul trying to get ball.. ideally Self would employ a little pressure of their own and really tune this bitch up. ya know what they say, "pressing teams hate to be pressed".. unless there some drastic philosophical change by one team or the other i dont see how this isnt played well into the 70s if not 80s. not like ku gonna break the press then pull it back out, i wouldnt think anyway seeing how vulnerable wvu is early in the clock..

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

These 2 combined for around 180 last time at W Vag in a KU loss. Might be onto something Banker with that total. Only 1 day off from last gm so slightly shorter turnaround for what these college teams used to if you take that into account. KU has controlled this series since Vagina entered the conf and looking to avenge last year's defeat. Definitely lean Ku here but might wait for live # getting better value on either side than the short one offered now. Doubt either team leads wire to wire here.

Back to that Tech gm Banker noticed an even stranger anomaly with that line. Tigers have won L10 outright yet 3 pt dogs hmmm?!?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Since I live in KU country I hear their stuff all the time...I can tell you I've heard throughout the weekend how much they've been preparing for the WV press blah blah....playing Saturday at home against Baylor and then going on the road to play West Virginia at -2 tells you something. Here's a local fish hack story on their prep:
    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...e10377383.html

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Every game I have seen Kansas play- whether it is in the last 2 minutes ora full half (OK ST game) Kansas cannot seem to handle defensive intensity and full court pressure that falls into a half court trap. They don't get the same open looks and seem to play more iso-ball .

WVU is garbage, though. Kansas is a lot better.

We are talking about a WVU team that is fighting for their lives, playing desperate must-win basketball at home….makes it hard to bet against that angle- but Kansas is way better.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    lots of points. who wins, hell if i know..wvu likes to speed teams up, ku offense is better when they getting up and down. once they break the press they will be able to get whatever they want.. other side wvu should be able to do a little work on the offensive glass as ku hasnt been controlling rebounds, that should help keep us away from any long scoreless stretches. most wvu's offensive problems ive seen came against zone, shouldnt have to worry bout that as ku aint playing zone.. not only should this be a bit of a track meet but we will also get plenty of points with the clock stopped as wvu fouls and draws fouls like crazy. you guys can argue bout who gonna win, whoever it is gonna have to put up damn near 80 to do so..
    Love the over also. I have it at 150+

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    These 2 combined for around 180 last time at W Vag in a KU loss. Might be onto something Banker with that total. Only 1 day off from last gm so slightly shorter turnaround for what these college teams used to if you take that into account. KU has controlled this series since Vagina entered the conf and looking to avenge last year's defeat. Definitely lean Ku here but might wait for live # getting better value on either side than the short one offered now. Doubt either team leads wire to wire here.

Back to that Tech gm Banker noticed an even stranger anomaly with that line. Tigers have won L10 outright yet 3 pt dogs hmmm?!?
    i think it will be a very back and forth type deal in wvu w each team going on a couple big runs, def the kind of gm you might be able to do good live..

beats me bro, the things you bringing up bout that gm news to me when i read your post. i really never noticed the types of things you pointing out that would make clem appealing to some ppl, to me most that stuff means very little. i certainly understand where you going with it and honestly the few ppl ive seen talking bout it all were leaning clem too. it not like clem any better than tech, they won couple more gms but tech been extremely competitive in damn near ever conf gm w just 1 or 2 exceptions..i just dont see either team as one im willing to lay points with, even just -3 scares me cause the way these scrubs play 3 points is like 5-6 points in a gm with a capable shooter or two on the floor.. really think this gm is still up for grabs the last minute, tech certainly has had some experience with those but they have yet to find a way to win them.. .

jjgold

doesn't Kansas have much better 1-10 talent????

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

If you are going to play a side Just take the points on WVU for the 1st half. I think they go into halftime tied or WVU will be up. And then KU will clean them out in the second half and win by 10+. KU has been outrageously sluggish in the 1st half on the road against decent opponents. I think its a pretty solid angle to use in this game as WVU certainly has to show up at home vs. these guys, Especially after losing their last 4 against ranked opponents.

So, My input / plays are WVU 1H +1 and KU for game -2.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTheTHRILL View Post
    If you are going to play a side Just take the points on WVU for the 1st half. I think they go into halftime tied or WVU will be up. And then KU will clean them out in the second half and win by 10+. KU has been outrageously sluggish in the 1st half on the road against decent opponents. I think its a pretty solid angle to use in this game as WVU certainly has to show up at home vs. these guys, Especially after losing their last 4 against ranked opponents.

So, My input / plays are WVU 1H +1 and KU for game -2.
    Could have said the same thing against OK St who Kansas is way better than.

They were up by a fair share at half and got ran outta the gym, on the road, when OK st ran a full court press in 2H.

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    Could have said the same thing against OK St who Kansas is way better than.

They were up by a fair share at half and got ran outta the gym, on the road, when OK st ran a full court press in 2H.
    Good Point, and I saw that too. Of course there is always variation. Just throwing in my 2 cents on the topic.

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

KU has the better talent, but when they are forced to break pressure, you hold your breath every time down the court. They turn the ball over WAY too much. Although they have been improving in that aspect, it scares me tonight.

You play against a Baylor zone on Saturday and now travel to WV against an up-tempo pressing team that. KU gets everyone's best shot and this will be no different tonight. Hawks got WHIPPED in Morgantown last year, which I think will help their mindset tonight, but WV is in desperation mode and they will want this one bad.

As far as who wins, 2daBank is right, I could see this going either way, but I do think it'll be close. I can see WV winning by 10+ MUCH easier than I see KU winning by that much (a moot point with a low line) but there are too many unstable factors to predict a winner in my opinion. Going to be a great game to watch.

I think the total is something to consider. I have a feeling everyone is going to be on the over, but I agree that is the right side. 2daBank is correct when saying that KU is going to get whatever shot they want if/when they break the press. I see a lot of transition points (threes) for KU tonight. WV not a good jump shooting team at all, but again, they are going to play their asses off and will work for every single point they do get. KU falls asleep on D a lot and I can see WV going to the line 30+ times tonight. I like this to get to 160 possibly
    Last edited by RPK2004; 02-16-15 at 01:12 PM.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

been on WV for several parlays this year and they always make you sweat it out. bad free throws. normally id look at the line and say West Virginia is the play but i think the books well get their fare share of $$$ on the Mountaineers tonight. Give me Kansas to win.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RPK2004 View Post
    KU has the better talent, but when they are forced to break pressure, you hold your breath every time down the court. They turn the ball over WAY too much. Although they have been improving in that aspect, it scares me tonight.

You play against a Baylor zone on Saturday and now travel to WV against an up-tempo pressing team that. KU gets everyone's best shot and this will be no different tonight. Hawks got WHIPPED in Morgantown last year, which I think will help their mindset tonight, but WV is in desperation mode and they will want this one bad.

As far as who wins, 2daBank is right, I could see this going either way, but I do think it'll be close. I can see WV winning by 10+ MUCH easier than I see KU winning by that much (a moot point with a low line) but there are too many unstable factors to predict a winner in my opinion. Going to be a great game to watch.

I think the total is something to consider. I have a feeling everyone is going to be on the over, but I agree that is the right side. 2daBank is correct when saying that KU is going to get whatever shot they want if/when they break the press. I see a lot of transition points (threes) for KU tonight. WV not a good jump shooting team at all, but again, they are going to play their asses off and will work for every single point they do get. KU falls asleep on D a lot and I can see WV going to the line 30+ times tonight. I like this to get to 160 possibly

im sure it the more popular choice far as the total goes, dont love that but it not a deal breaker either. typically i just have to like a play a little more when i know im on that side of things. on the bright side at least it met some resistance at 147 so there some under money out there..

the way wvu plays they should both get plenty of chances at the charity stripe. one of my bigger concerns is wvu shooting freebees at a pathetic 63% clip in conf play. i dont think we will need fts at the end to get this over but if we do i really hope ku in the lead!

i think most wvu's poor offensive performances have come against teams that play a lot of zone. like you said they cant shoot for shit but beyond that they just dont appear to understand the basic principals of how to attack zones, they get really content swinging ball around the perimeter and jacking bad shots.. against ku's man staten should be able to attack off the bounce and either get to the rim or create for others, should open things up on the glass as well as get them some extra trips to the line..

really like this over cause i feel like there so many ways we can get to this number. not like we relying on one particular facet of one or both teams gms to be working to get the points. short of ku deciding to break the press then pull it back which doesnt make a lot of sense, their styles and the way they matchup dictates we gonna get the tempo we need to far exceed the number. i think to the extent it would take one team just shooting way below their season averages and getting blown out in the process to keep it under. obviously it very well could go that way, but there more ways this could play out and still hit over than the other way around i believe which all im looking for.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

WVU looks good.

Great spot for WVU. Bad spot for KU.

The lone reflects it too. Be wary of short road faves of -2 or less.

This is a rebuilding KU team. Still good but not what they usually are.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    WVU looks good.

Great spot for WVU. Bad spot for KU.

The lone reflects it too. Be wary of short road faves of -2 or less.

This is a rebuilding KU team. Still good but not what they usually are.
    ku the best team in the big 12.. has played the toughest schedule in the nation and is sitting here with a 21-4 record. one of these days ya'll gonna have to explain to me how they not good, or "rebuilding".. seldon and mason been playing fantastic, to the point i think this team better than last years once embiid got hurt.. not saying they gonna win tonight, this just seems to be a ongoing theme with some ya'll saying ku is down when their resume says they one of the best teams in the country ....

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

No angle, I bet Kansas ML because they had a (-) before the number.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

ku the best team in the big 12.. has played the toughest schedule in the nation and is sitting here with a 21-4 record. one of these days ya'll gonna have to explain to me how they not good, or "rebuilding".. seldon and mason been playing fantastic, to the point i think this team better than last years once embiid got hurt.. not saying they gonna win tonight, this just seems to be a ongoing theme with some ya'll saying ku is down when their resume says they one of the best teams in the country ....
    I actually said they were good and I've said they're the best team in the Big 12.

They're rebuilding in terms of KU standards. As in, they aren't competing for a title this year. It has nothing tondo with them not being a good team.

The Big 12 is deep but doesn't have an elite team.

Are you taking KU?

Didnt TCU cover a short spread at home against them?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I actually said they were good and I've said they're the best team in the Big 12.

They're rebuilding in terms of KU standards. As in, they aren't competing for a title this year. It has nothing tondo with them not being a good team.

The Big 12 is deep but doesn't have an elite team.

Are you taking KU?

Didnt TCU cover a short spread at home against them?
    umm,, no.. just the over..i guess if you say tcu did, not quite sure what that has to do with much?

how are they not competing for a title? obviously it uk then everyone else but ku isnt all that far back on the everyone else list.. seems odd that a top 10 team isnt a title contender..

jjgold

Men I chose to go with Kansas here just because a better talent and they had some decent wins on the road

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

West Virginia all the way. Hillbillies are tough to lose at home.

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

anyone have stats on home ATS records in the big 12. I've been going with the home squad a lot lately with some nice success

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenv21 View Post
    anyone have stats on home ATS records in the big 12. I've been going with the home squad a lot lately with some nice success
    11-5 when spread less than 3 i believe i read somewhere,...not sure bout overall but yea big 12 teams mostly pretty tough in their gyms..

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

JJ what's considered good recent road wins just curious? KU is 3-2 L-5 with a decent win at Texas followed by a couple scrubs Tex Tech and barely squeeking by Tcu. Not saying I disagree with the side but your angle is mystifying haha. Not like W Vag beat anyone lately at home worthy of mention on flipside. Won my early degen on pub fade with BC +4 gonna wait this out for better # live on either side as I mentioned earlier. Bol everyone!

danthaman101183
    danthaman101183's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 296

You hit it on the head.. Ku gets a number 1 seed in the tourney and win out the rest of their regular season games.. Take it to the bank...rebuild? No... Reload...think so.

infinite wisdom
    infinite wisdom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4955

WV only

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by danthaman101183 View Post
    You hit it on the head.. Ku gets a number 1 seed in the tourney and win out the rest of their regular season games.. Take it to the bank...rebuild? No... Reload...think so.
    lol, didnt realize i said all that! if they dont lose tonight sooners will clip them last gm of the season most likely..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Relative to Kansas' standards, their guards are sub-par.

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Probably going to play kansas here. Just don't care for or trust this wvu team.

1234 ... Last