ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

I think you guys are missing he point that the bookie might have been freerolling Justin

If Seattle won I bet the bookie handles the situation totally differently and tells Justin to Fuk off

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

How would he know for sure zeta

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    How would he know for sure zeta
    Maybe he can contact one of his players who bet NE with him. Don't pay the bookie until the NE bettor gets paid.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

2 questions

how much is a bookie responsible for letting credit go beyond what he knows a player can actually pay AND

what if the player finds out that he changed payout odds (below market price/reduced parlay prop bets specifically effecting the very sports one was betting and not others) after he's lost to him?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8683

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    2 questions

how much is a bookie responsible for letting credit go beyond what he knows a player can actually pay AND

what if the player finds out that he changed payout odds (below market price/reduced parlay prop bets specifically effecting the very sports one was betting and not others) after he's lost to him?
    The only responsibility is to themselves. Give too much credit and the risk increases of not being paid.

I guess it depends on exactly what you mean by changed odds. But if you are looking for a reason not to pay after a loss I don't think saying your offered odds are unfair will fly.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

I'm not looking for anything, what I am trying to figure out how "unfair" it is to realize after the fact that the person stiffed you more than 20% on parlay payouts, on purpose. It's one thing to say, "I'm going to lower payouts, buyer beware, go ahead only if you want those odds" and another to switch it and never tell someone until he figures it out.

I'm not sure what the right answer is but it is at best dishonest, at worst 'stiffing' in a manner of speech from the side that already has the edge.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8683

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    I'm not looking for anything, what I am trying to figure out how "unfair" it is to realize after the fact that the person stiffed you more than 20% on parlay payouts, on purpose. It's one thing to say, "I'm going to lower payouts, buyer beware, go ahead only if you want those odds" and another to switch it and never tell someone until he figures it out.

I'm not sure what the right answer is but it is at best dishonest, at worst 'stiffing' in a manner of speech from the side that already has the edge.
    If you use an online site to place bets I guess it depends if the new odds are displayed on the betting ticket or not. If it tells you the odds before you confirm they are not really obligated to warn you the payout table is different to last you played, I don't think personally. That's kind of like expecting them to notify us each time they add more vig to a market. It's not really a change in terms.

But you obviously feel a bit aggrieved by it so maybe the situation is different to that?

First 12