Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Listen to Pete Carroll on the last drive

<iframe scrolling="no" src="http://sports.yahoo.com/video/seattle-seahawks-head-coach-pete-181900224.html?format=embed" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

pretty emotional guy...great coach too
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i like him a lot.

He lets his players have fun and he acts like he is one of the guys.

i hate it when coaches talk down to players or try to act unapproachable like John Fox.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Good clip rocket

Can't stand the guy but players have to love his energy

Can't believe they didn't run the ball

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post

pretty emotional guy...great coach too
    You're exactly right. He's a GREAT coach. You don't accomplish what all he's accomplished without being excellent.

It humors me to hear morons on here questioning his credentials.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

He lets his players have fun and he acts like he is one of the guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    Can't stand the guy but players have to love his energy
    Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    You don't accomplish what all he's accomplished without being excellent.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good find Sasha

Guy did not hide after game either

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Looks like a winner to me.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

The instant defeat in that last shot....

Ouch.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

He is a great coach, but all the grab ass, high fives, fist pumping etc or something keeps him from having the attention to detail you have to have. It was worse when he coached the Patriots and he is improved, but they wasted those 2 of those 3 timeouts he kept talking about and that killed them.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

did you hear him say "what have we got here ?" on the last play ?

seems to suggest he did not know what the play was.

meanwhile, OC Darrell Belvell is blaming Lockette, the intended receiver for not being
    "stong enough on the ball".
    I believe Bevell made the call, Carroll is standing by him but did NOT know the call,
    and the blame is on Bevell and Wilson for throwing it, not on Pete Carroll.
    It is true that Lockette could have run harder, dove, been more determinant .. but that would
    not insure a catch.. the pass should not have been made. That is ON WILSON.
    And as far as I'm concerned "WHAT HAVE WE GOT HERE ?" uttered by Pete Carroll while
    watching the play snap
    is enough for me to believe the call WAS NOT HIS.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

He still won last year and that softens the blow; he'll be back. He's kind of like Dick Vermeil but with a bit more pep. Wilson and Carroll make a perfect combo

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    did you hear him say "what have we got here ?" on the last play ?

seems to suggest he did not know what the play was.

meanwhile, OC Darrell Belvell is blaming Lockette, the intended receiver for not being
    "stong enough on the ball".
    I believe Bevell made the call, Carroll is standing by him but did NOT know the call,
    and the blame is on Bevell and Wilson for throwing it, not on Pete Carroll.
    It is true that Lockette could have run harder, dove, been more determinant .. but that would
    not insure a catch.. the pass should not have been made. That is ON WILSON.
    And as far as I'm concerned "WHAT HAVE WE GOT HERE ?" uttered by Pete Carroll while
    watching the play snap
    is enough for me to believe the call WAS NOT HIS.
    Yep, pretty clear he didn't know and didn't make the call. He figures he's the head cheese so he took the responsibility and defended it, but he didn't make that call. He doesn't call the plays generally. And to me, the "what have we got here" just generally seems to show that he was surprised and maybe concerned with what they were running.

Not saying Wilson is blameless, but the bad call is on the OC. And his blaming Lockette was weak. Carroll is fine, but this could definitely effect Bevell's profile in getting HC offers.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Pete Caroll wishes he was Richard Gere

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yep, pretty clear he didn't know and didn't make the call. He figures he's the head cheese so he took the responsibility and defended it, but he didn't make that call. He doesn't call the plays generally. And to me, the "what have we got here" just generally seems to show that he was surprised and maybe concerned with what they were running.

Not saying Wilson is blameless, but the bad call is on the OC. And his blaming Lockette was weak. Carroll is fine, but this could definitely effect Bevell's profile in getting HC offers.
    He has on the headset, he certainly is hearing the coordinator calling the play, would be insane if he didn't know the play as the team lined up. He is probably referring to how the Patriots are lining up against the formation, no way he doesn't know the play IMO. He is taking the blame, but he deserves some because he could have changed the play or before it was called told the OC to run the ball. Also, much of the blame is on the team not being organized enough on the drive and wasting two timeouts, that's largely on him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

All of this talk does not matter

We should be talking about the greatest of all time, Thomas Brady and the Boston Patriots

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    He has on the headset, he certainly is hearing the coordinator calling the play, would be insane if he didn't know the play as the team lined up. He is probably referring to how the Patriots are lining up against the formation, no way he doesn't know the play IMO.
    Carroll was a spectator. It looked like he really didn't know what to expect.
    If he knew it was a pass play, then he knew and in the few seconds did not change, to override
    Bevell.. that is possible, that he wasn't going to override Bevell but we don't know. He looked
    surprised. WHAT HAVE WE GOT HERE ? - same as anyone else watching.
    Anyway the call was Bevell's.. the play was Bevell's.. very common for the HC to let the OC
    make the calls.. but the blame is still half Wilson and half Bevell.. and None on Lockette, who Bevell blamed.
    Very classless of Bevell to blame Lockette. Tells me he is defensive about HIS CALL. Psych 101.
    Last edited by Snowball; 02-05-15 at 12:23 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    He has on the headset, he certainly is hearing the coordinator calling the play, would be insane if he didn't know the play as the team lined up. He is probably referring to how the Patriots are lining up against the formation, no way he doesn't know the play IMO. He is taking the blame, but he deserves some because he could have changed the play or before it was called told the OC to run the ball. Also, much of the blame is on the team not being organized enough on the drive and wasting two timeouts, that's largely on him.
    that's what I was thinking also