dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Carroll trying to get Wilson SB MVP cost himself a SB win

Thats all it comes down to. He likes Wilson more then Lynch.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

I don't get why they don't leave it down to the Qb to make the ultimate decision in these sorts of situations,those guys are seasoned enough to know what they are doing.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Maybe 2nd guessed himself remember the national champ game in 2006 USC with 2mins left had 4th and 2 and he ran the ball

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I agree with you that Carroll wanted give Wilson at least 1 crack at getting MVP, because Wilson was going to be the face the Seahawks after he gets a big contract. After having some perspective, I believe passing on that play was correct call, but he should of did a roll out option. If his guy ain't open, then throw it away or try to run in. The should of called a higher passing play

Remember the Seahawks only got 1 time out left. If beast mode doesn't get in on 2nd down or 3rd down, then they might not be able to do a 4th down play.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Thats the conspiracy going around now...
    http://www.thenation.com/blog/196697...wks-last-play#

The theory goes that there were major financial, public relations and football reasons for Russell Wilson and not Lynch to be the one who ends the game in glory. If he throws that touchdown for the victory, Wilson is almost certainly the Super Bowl MVP. He gets the commercial. He gets to stand with the commissioner. And oh, by the way, he also gets his new contract, one that will fasten his prime, at only 26 years old, to the Seattle franchise. Marshawn Lynch is also due a new contract. Marshawn Lynch, had he punched that ball over the goal line, would get to be the one handed the MVP trophy. Marshawn Lynch maybe gets on the mic to say Lord knows what.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Great game, remember Brady made a similar error in the 1st qtr.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Maybe 2nd guessed himself remember the national champ game in 2006 USC with 2mins left had 4th and 2 and he ran the ball
    But this is not 4th and 2. Not even close. 2nd down is whole 'nother animal. On 2nd down from the 1, ball security has to be paramount. On 4th down, it's not.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by the_orangekat View Post
    Great game, remember Brady made a similar error in the 1st qtr.
    Other than the fact is was also an INT in the endzone, it was not similar in any way.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    Thats the conspiracy going around now...
    http://www.thenation.com/blog/196697...wks-last-play#

The theory goes that there were major financial, public relations and football reasons for Russell Wilson and not Lynch to be the one who ends the game in glory. If he throws that touchdown for the victory, Wilson is almost certainly the Super Bowl MVP. He gets the commercial. He gets to stand with the commissioner. And oh, by the way, he also gets his new contract, one that will fasten his prime, at only 26 years old, to the Seattle franchise. Marshawn Lynch is also due a new contract. Marshawn Lynch, had he punched that ball over the goal line, would get to be the one handed the MVP trophy. Marshawn Lynch maybe gets on the mic to say Lord knows what.
    Fine then let Wilson fake a handoff and bootleg it out. I bet he coulda walked one in. If it's covered, then you just throw it out of the endzone. No risk.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guys they try to be cute and it backfired there's nothing else to say

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

there is no excuse not to run the ball 3 times to get 1 yard

no excuse

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    there is no excuse not to run the ball 3 times to get 1 yard

no excuse
    They can't run it 3 times because the only had 1 time out. They could of ran it two straight, but if they didn't get it in on 3rd down they might not had enough time to run in the right play on 4th down.

Spedizzo

they could run it, call a time out, run it, no huddle, run it again

they had plenty of time to do that

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

The idiot thread! Game on the line and they are thinking Wilson for MVP?? FUKING Clowns
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: boeing power

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

They lost. Let's move on.

Spedizzo

regardless

a quick slant in the middle of the field when you need 1 yard, have a time out, and its only 2nd down is INEXCUSABLE

too many things can go wrong, a ball can be tipped, intercepted, whatever

you don't do that in a superbowl

I wouldn't even do that in a game of madden because I know odds are I will get picked off

its the 1 yard line... everyone is all scrunched up. you dont pass like that.

coaching staffs make millions of dollars and should know better

on the reverse, I don't know why the Patriots never used a time out at the end

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    They can't run it 3 times because the only had 1 time out. They could of ran it two straight, but if they didn't get it in on 3rd down they might not had enough time to run in the right play on 4th down.
    Run it. If you don't get it call time out. Call two plays during the timeout. Easily enough time.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

I think the non time out but NE somehow got him confused. with 52 sec left they for sure run because even if stopped they kill some clock or another time out. the non new England timeout confused Seattle BADLY

also keep in mind if Seattle scored on the drive somehow, or on that play or on 3rd down running, the WORST play of all time in NFL history would not be that pass, but the non time out! Easily the worst thing a coach has ever done in a superbowl is not call a time out there. other than the pass play!

funny circle actually.......

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

We won. Let's move on

frostno98

Even with that Interception the Seahawks still had a great chance at getting a safety, at least two cracks.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Run option left, wilson wins MVP, hawks win SB.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

This is a stupid premise. Why is Lynch on the field running a swing route towards the endzone on the last play if they didn't want him scoring? Does anyone think Carroll told Wilson not to throw to beastmode if he beat his coverage?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He should of Willie Beaman'ed that shit.

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who knows what lies in the farts of man?

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Thats all it comes down to. He likes Wilson more then Lynch.
    Surely you can't believe that this was the reasoning behind the play calling.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    regardless

a quick slant in the middle of the field when you need 1 yard, have a time out, and its only 2nd down is INEXCUSABLE

too many things can go wrong, a ball can be tipped, intercepted, whatever

you don't do that in a superbowl

I wouldn't even do that in a game of madden because I know odds are I will get picked off

its the 1 yard line... everyone is all scrunched up. you dont pass like that.

coaching staffs make millions of dollars and should know better

on the reverse, I don't know why the Patriots never used a time out at the end
    NFL QB's said last night that was not a high risk pass

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

name one coach that would call that play besides pete carroll?

who are we kidding, if lynch was more obedient and less of a hang nail, he would've gotten the ball every fukking down and the super bowl mvp. that pass completes, russell wilson gets the glory and the mvp.

but pete, the organization, and the nfl despises his antics so that's that...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    NFL QB's said last night that was not a high risk pass
    yes it is when you're a midget and have to throw over people foot taller than you.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

they had 57 seconds and time out . wtf are you talking about?

jjgold

I guess Lynch is the real winner here

It is possible Carol held a grudge against Lynch but that would've been pure silly

Just plenty of people that said what Carol did was not wrong knowing he had two more players to run

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

end of the day it is Wilson's decision, he shouldn't have thrown that ball inside. Even if it was caught, still dumb as all hell to take that risk. Definitely understand passing in that situation but to make that throw in that situation was a huge error on wilson's part.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Being reported that Bellichick knew the play was coming even tho Seattle hadn't run it since 2006. Incredible guy this Bellichik is. Sees things even physics don't pick up. Doesn't call a time out cause he knows the play. Brilliant.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Being reported that Bellichick knew the play was coming even tho Seattle hadn't run it since 2006. Incredible guy this Bellichik is. Sees things even physics don't pick up. Doesn't call a time out cause he knows the play. Brilliant.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    LMAO....you never know, maybe he was taping practices again. The idiot thread

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

One part of me thinks the call was out of line.......but another part of me says not so much. If this play worked, there is no discussion about this. What is Lynch got stuffed a few times on the goal line......then we'd be b!tching about how he didn't throw it. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen teams get stuffed time after time in a loaded box on the goal line. Not sure if it's happened much to Lynch, but I've seen it from Lacy who is a physical runner like Lynch.

I had no money on the game so I'm looking at this practically.

12 Last