Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    and 49ers could potentially have home field advantage in the super bowl.
    Last year I picked SF and the Pats. Obviously SF didn't pan out, but the Pats did

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Indeep View Post
    Last year I picked SF and the Pats. Obviously SF didn't pan out, but the Pats did
    You sound like a tout, bragging about past plays.

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    You sound like a tout, bragging about past plays.
    Didn't you just pick the Giants

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

SEAHAWKS gonna get healthy and gonna pick up some offensive weapons this offseason were still so young and lynch is in contract extension talks right to to sign big extension our defense won't miss a clip we get Zachary miller and menane back and a up and coming 6'6 wide receiver in Matthews showed his stuff in SUPERBOWL

I won't buy a future on em until they lose a game early in season 5-1 too steep for my liking

Go Hawks!!

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Sign me up for baltimore at 33-1. Outplayed New England in NE in the playoffs with a depleted secondary. Jimmy smith and Webb should be healthy plus Ozzie is one of the best GMs in the league imo

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Sign me up for baltimore at 33-1. Outplayed New England in NE in the playoffs with a depleted secondary. Jimmy smith and Webb should be healthy plus Ozzie is one of the best GMs in the league imo
    Agreed, I think Baltimore or NE from the AFC. I just don't see anyone else who can make the jump.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Agreed, I think Baltimore or NE from the AFC. I just don't see anyone else who can make the jump.
    Everyone should place a futures bet on both of those AFC teams during the offseason.
    I believe one of these teams will make it for the AFC side.
    On the NFC side, I'm leaning on the Packers but teams like the Cowboys, Giants or Cardinals have the potential to surprise everyone.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I like the Cardinals.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    SEAHAWKS gonna get healthy and gonna pick up some offensive weapons this offseason were still so young and lynch is in contract extension talks right to to sign big extension our defense won't miss a clip we get Zachary miller and menane back and a up and coming 6'6 wide receiver in Matthews showed his stuff in SUPERBOWL

I won't buy a future on em until they lose a game early in season 5-1 too steep for my liking

Go Hawks!!
    They're shot, no way they can be in the right mental place next season.

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    I like the Cardinals.
    True, if Palmer is healthy they are going to be in the mix. NFC has about four teams that could do it: AZ, GB, Seattle, Dallas

slacker00

Didn't you just pick the Giants
    Nope.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    They're shot, no way they can be in the right mental place next season.
    Time heals bruh.

They need a WR badly

Indeep

I know the Giants are a tough sell, but I just can't turn my back on Eli and Coughlin if they somehow get into the playoffs again.

As Roger Clemens would say, you have "misremembered"

slacker00

[/B]

As Roger Clemens would say, you have "misremembered"
    We are just discussing teams and their pros/cons. I also said these NFL futures have no value.

These kinds of bets are never worth it, but since it's the only NFL lines will see for months, we'll talk about it.

Indeep

We are just discussing teams and their pros/cons. I also said these NFL futures have no value.
    Not if you pick the wrong team.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Not if you pick the wrong team.
    There's no "wrong team" until the superbowl is over next year.. If it were that easy everyone would bet on Seattle but it's not. Giants have value if you can't see that you should stop betting .

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    There's no "wrong team" until the superbowl is over next year.. If it were that easy everyone would bet on Seattle but it's not. Giants have value if you can't see that you should stop betting .
    They just need to make the playoffs and at those odds you can hedge out easily and make money no matter what. I would think Cowboys take a step back and not sure about the Philly situation. Any NFC East experts want to lay out the state of the division for us?

Indeep

I wouldn't bet on the Giants to even make the playoffs. At best they are third place in the NFC east behind Dallas, and Philly.

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    They just need to make the playoffs and at those odds you can hedge out easily and make money no matter what. I would think Cowboys take a step back and not sure about the Philly situation. Any NFC East experts want to lay out the state of the division for us?
    The Cowboys should be just as good if not better than last year. This is a young team at the skill positions, and offensive line, and Romo will not need off season back surgery going into camp this year. Hopefully they are able to resign Murray, and just pound the ball up the middle and keep Romo in the 3rd and short situations. I've got the NFC East as follows:

1) Dallas
    2) Philly
    3) Giants
    4) Washington

I do like your idea of using these futures as hedge in the playoffs.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Get 'em a quarterback, and I'll take a flier on the Texans.
    could say the same for Bills, Browns, Jets...

lots of teams could have a shot if only they had a QB

I would agree that the Texans are the poster boy, though. They've consistently had good talent each year (including the best player in the NFL) and never got deep into the playoffs due to the QB position.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    If you are hedge-planning, you are saying the Giants make the playoffs but then choke?

My plan with the Giants is the opposite. Wait to see if they can get into the playoffs and then bet them game by game depending on the match ups and circumstances if they get that far. The whole point of taking a futures position now is with the real expectation that they can win it all.

I cannot stress enough that setting up futures only to bet against them has such heavy juice that it can't win.

Indeep

SlackerOO, why couldn't this situation work? Say for example you place $100 on the Ravens at 33-1. They win their division and get a first round bye. So you could either let that ride during the playoffs or take the other team at -110 at worst to at least get your money back and break even or more if you wanted to make a small profit. If Baltimore continues to win, that just eats $110 off the potential $3,300 winnings, and your on to the next round, of which there would only be two more games including the Super Bowl if they advance that far. You may not make a ton, but once they are in you will make something if you bet more than the breakeven amount for the original wager.

Perhaps we are saying the same thing two different ways.

slacker00

SlackerOO, why couldn't this situation work? Say for example you place $100 on the Ravens at 33-1. They win their division and get a first round bye. So you could either let that ride during the playoffs or take the other team at -110 at worst to at least get your money back and break even or more if you wanted to make a small profit. If Baltimore continues to win, that just eats $110 off the potential $3,300 winnings, and your on to the next round, of which there would only be two more games including the Super Bowl if they advance that far. You may not make a ton, but once they are in you will make something if you bet more than the breakeven amount for the original wager.

Perhaps we are saying the same thing two different ways.
    It's goofy bankroll management. If you're hedging small change like that, you are over your head with the original bet.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

I wouldn't bet on the Giants to even make the playoffs. At best they are third place in the NFC east behind Dallas, and Philly.
    Giants will have the best receivers in that division with the only qb that has a ring..(2). Giants turn it on when they feel like it.

Indeep

It's goofy bankroll management. If you're hedging small change like that, you are over your head with the original bet.
    Laughable Slacker, this is an example which is obviously above your mental capacity to comprehend. Anytime you want to send me your high roller betting slips through pm, I'll gladly send you mine to compare Mr. Vegas.

Maybe Mom will give you an advance on your allowance, so you can bet it all on your Giants future
    Last edited by Indeep; 02-07-15 at 08:03 AM.

Indeep

Giants will have the best receivers in that division with the only qb that has a ring..(2). Giants turn it on when they feel like it.
    So Beckham is better than Dez Bryant. Seriously? I guess they haven't felt like it the last 2 years.

8-8 at best, and that's not going to get it done.

slacker00

Laughable Slacker, this is an example which is obviously above your mental capacity to comprehend. Anytime you want to send me your high roller betting slips through pm, I'll gladly send you mine to compare Mr. Vegas.

Maybe Mom will give you an advance on your allowance, so you can bet it all on your Giants future
    It's fine if you are betting pennies with your mom, just decide if your unit is 1 penny or 30 pennies. That's my point.

Indeep

It's fine if you are betting pennies with your mom, just decide if your unit is 1 penny or 30 pennies. That's my point.
    Still waiting on those high roller slips of yours

slacker00

Still waiting on those high roller slips of yours
    Why? Are we in business together? You can ask for a hand out, but in this case your request is denied.

Indeep

Why? Are we in business together? You can ask for a hand out, but in this case your request is denied.
    A pretender, just as I had surmised.

slacker00

A pretender, just as I had surmised.
    I've been giving you real charity this entire time. I've answered your questions and tried to help you.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

I'm leaning Packers, Patriots and Colts.
    The Brady suspension is questionable for the Patriots.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Rams look good.
    U a Nick Foles fan laker?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I'm leaning Packers, Patriots and Colts.
    The Brady suspension is questionable for the Patriots.
    FYI Patriots lost their 3 best defensive players. They won't sniff the playoffs

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

its easy to pick winners after the fact

First 123 Last