Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Serious post here: Why do you think Patriots or Seahawks will win the Superbowl???

All season long I thought no way the Seahawks are winning the Superbowl back to back. I love them, but I just couldn't see them winning again. The Seahawks were exposed against the Panthers and Packers. It is possible to throw against them, especially in the middle of the field where Gronk will be. Now New England are susceptible to the run, but in this game I see them playing man coverage on the outside the entire time and stuffing the box. I also don't think New England can lose a 3rd Superbowl in a row and it's Tom Brady vs Russell Wilson. I think the Superbowl being outdoors last night in terrible weather is a huge part of the reason the Hawks won. If Tom wins this he will go down as arguably the GOAT. Either way, this is setup to be one of the greatest Superbowls of All-time .

*****New England Patriots*****

Let's go Brady

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Defense wins championships.... just remember the talk about Denver last year

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Big game today

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

It's where my dart landed

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I just woke up from a dream i had i was at one of those cupcake machines in vefas and bobby was in front of me and got two dozen for his extra large wife and i look over and see toniest_come and he is drinking a super big gulp and eating a hot dog with cheese and he says to me "how about them seahawks smokiest, champions again". I then realized i was seeing into the future and the game had been over since yesterday. Seahawks for the maximum

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Seahawks win, don't second guess yourself now. It is true, defense wins championships.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Defense and a great running game wins this yo

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Seahawks win, don't second guess yourself now. It is true, defense wins championships.

I keep hearing people say that D wins championships.......can the Pats not play D? I understand Seahawks have a slightly better D but Pats are no slouches on that side of the Ball. If Pats stop lynch and Wilson run (remember i said if) then I think they have a good shot...

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I'm on Pats and everyone is quick to point out weakness in middle and Gronk mismatch. But on flipside Hags have 4 beasts in secondary and NE is gonna have what advantage overall with 2 white dwarfs vs that?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

@Just win thats part of why I'm on Pats. They play defense as well it's Beli's baby and he always has great schemes in these big games ready. Hags slightly better but not buying the all-time great hype. They are NOT 85 Bears or 00 Ravens just stop with that crap. Lol

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    All season long I thought no way the Seahawks are winning the Superbowl back to back. I love them, but I just couldn't see them winning again. The Seahawks were exposed against the Panthers and Packers. It is possible to throw against them, especially in the middle of the field where Gronk will be. Now New England are susceptible to the run, but in this game I see them playing man coverage on the outside the entire time and stuffing the box. I also don't think New England can lose a 3rd Superbowl in a row and it's Tom Brady vs Russell Wilson. I think the Superbowl being outdoors last night in terrible weather is a huge part of the reason the Hawks won. If Tom wins this he will go down as arguably the GOAT. Either way, this is setup to be one of the greatest Superbowls of All-time .

*****New England Patriots*****

Let's go Brady
    Seahawks were exposed???!!!!????????

Somebody forgot to tell that to Bam Bam Kam.

LOB has come up with 5 INT's in those 2 games.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Patriots win big. Come out throwing first and often. Brady throws at least 3 TD's and step up and contain read option forcing Seahawks to throw often and picking off Wilson at least twice. Make Lynch a non factor. I see a 31-21 type game

LT Profits

Pats are not THAT good defensively, they can certainly be run on by good running teams. And the Seattle defense is not just "good", it is elite. Maybe change the phrase to "Great defenses win championship."

LT Profits

And how was Seattle exposed? By allowing one touchdown vs. Packers and forcing Green Bay to settle for five field goals?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    @Just win thats part of why I'm on Pats. They play defense as well it's Beli's baby and he always has great schemes in these big games ready. Hags slightly better but not buying the all-time great hype. They are NOT 85 Bears or 00 Ravens just stop with that crap. Lol
    Not as good as 85 Bears but easily the best defense CURRENTLY and much more than "slightly" better than Pats.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dfish

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Patriots win big. Come out throwing first and often. Brady throws at least 3 TD's and step up and contain read option forcing Seahawks to throw often and picking off Wilson at least twice. Make Lynch a non factor. I see a 31-21 type game
    Not against the best secondary in football. I would consider the Brady over 1.5 INTs prop at +200 or better.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

All I remember is how everyone talked high of the mighty Broncos last year. Lot of people said Seat has no chance against Den's offence. We all know how that turned out.

BILLY MEIER
    BILLY MEIER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1676

Sea will win because the patriots will win the coin flip and defer, sea gets the ball first scores now pats are playing from behind all game
    Last edited by BILLY MEIER; 02-01-15 at 10:20 AM.

mjerni12
    mjerni12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Either team can win . So I am betting the over 47.5 on the game along with vereen over 27.5 rec. Yards. These are the only 2 bets for me

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

patriots
    gronk

caoutlaw
    caoutlaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Seahawks dont have the home field advantage where they play best. Their away stats are average at best

Go Pats

joeye
    joeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

tough pick--its a coin flip

when I look at how they have played in the playoffs, the pats are playing much better. hawks barely got by the packers, with aaron a little hobbled. it was 14-10 starting the 4th quarter against Carolina, who lost more games than they won.

But in one game, anything can happen. I gonna make a few small bets and enjoy the game,no matter who wins. Cheers!

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

If Seattle's D line plays like they did last year against Denver, the Pats have no chance. If they play like they did in the NFC Championship, the Pats will crush them. It all comes down to Seattle's D line, especially with three of four secondary members significantly less than 100%; this will probably be at least a seven point victory but I can't say which way.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

cant remember if it was Eli Manning that beat the pats, or if it was the Giants' defense and Rb that contributed more.

I remember thinking the pats were going to Rick roll Eli.

High3rEl3m3nt

Going to be a good one for sure. Seattle defensive line is going to have their hands full with the pats' running game. It will be the pats running game, not Brady that will be the key to a pats victory, should they win.

If Wilson looks to run a bit more, earlier in the game, it's going to add an extra dimension for the pats defense. I believe this is critical for the Seahawks to have success.

I like the under.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

I like that the pats dont need to pressure wilson...they just need to push bodies infront of him and keep him in pocket....hes a lousy pocket passer and is too short to see over linemen in his face..he may throw a buncha pics here

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Pats are not THAT good defensively, they can certainly be run on by good running teams. And the Seattle defense is not just "good", it is elite. Maybe change the phrase to "Great defenses win championship."

Not that good defensively? are we talking about the same Pats? the pats have some big names on the D side of the ball. i do not really see seattle being able to pass effectively today against the Pats D. As much of a beast as lynch is I do not see him running with wilfork on this back like he has the rest of the league. if wilson and lynch can run on the outside pats are in trouble but i do not see them passing very well and i do not see them running up the middle... it should be a great game

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by justwinthisone View Post
    Not that good defensively? are we talking about the same Pats? the pats have some big names on the D side of the ball. i do not really see seattle being able to pass effectively today against the Pats D. As much of a beast as lynch is I do not see him running with wilfork on this back like he has the rest of the league. if wilson and lynch can run on the outside pats are in trouble but i do not see them passing very well and i do not see them running up the middle... it should be a great game
    Good running teams have had no trouble running on New England lately, forget about the Colt game. I totally disagree about Lynch, I see him having a BIG game and that could open things up for Wilson a bit. I don't know how guys see these defenses as comparable, the Seattle defense is light years better. Besides having the best secondary in football, Seattle finished third in yards per rush allowed at 3.6, New England was 11th at 4.0. And don;t forget the Seattle defense wasn't fully healthy until late in the season.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Handicapping wise, it all comes down to the trenches. Think Sea has advantage on both sides of the ball and will impose their will. NE STRUGGLES against PHYSICAL teams.
    SPIRITUAL WISE the universe will reward the Seahawks and Pats lose because they CHEAT and Brady will struggle with a normal ball. KARMA on Seattle LOL

High3rEl3m3nt

I don't think seattle's defensive line has a significant advantage over the pats o line. I see it the other way around. That's tossing the Green Bay game, because Seattle d was on the field early and often.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

whatever.. I've seen Seattle struggle like flopping fish on a boat to beat many mediocre
    teams this season. Their games vs Carolina and "Green Bay" (notice the quotation marks)
    prove nothing while the Pats games vs Baltimore and Indy proved everything.
    The defensive stats mean nothing when you're holding scrub teams from scoring.
    There is nothing I can post that will stop you ppl from fading the Patriots this year,
    go ahead, enjoy your game but don't expect the money to be in your accounts tomorrow morning.

luvtogamble
    luvtogamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5459

seattle 23-16

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    whatever.. I've seen Seattle struggle like flopping fish on a boat to beat many mediocre
    teams this season. Their games vs Carolina and "Green Bay" (notice the quotation marks)
    prove nothing while the Pats games vs Baltimore and Indy proved everything.
    The defensive stats mean nothing when you're holding scrub teams from scoring.
    There is nothing I can post that will stop you ppl from fading the Patriots this year,
    go ahead, enjoy your game but don't expect the money to be in your accounts tomorrow morning.
    Nah, money was made already for this year. This is just another game unless you are a Pats fan where this is like your whole being, must win at all costs LOL Much rather watch the commercials and see the end of the game were Wilson will be going to DISNEY and Tom and Bill crying and know they have big questions to answer yet! That's entertainment
    BTW, the lowly Jets should have beaten the Pats twice, go figure!

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Pats by 10

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

People need to forget about last year. The Broncos trash dink and dunk offense doesn't work against great defenses. Manning's arm was exposed.

This is different. Brady can still make all the throws and he will have to. Can Seattle move the ball on New England? Nobody is really talking about this.

12 Last