Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Going to live sports games are boring...discussion thread

Every time i go to live sports games its extremly boring.But watching them on tv seems more fun.Anyone else agree?Only good thing about live sports is the atmosphere outside before the game and the whole expierience of driving to the city and seeing all the big buildings and people.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

most people think the opposite

I cannot afford going or I would go..its just the hassle getting in and out the real pain in the ass

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Live sporting events are a carnival in toronto which is why toronto sports teams suck its all about free t shirts kiss cam dancing and clapping and bright lights not about basketball only good live events are in new york and la and chicago

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

i guess the only time it would be fun is if your extremly drunk but even then sitting there with no music and commentary would still get highly boring.I know some people that buy season tickets but i dont see it being fun.Only thing i find fun is before the game seeing all the people and everyone having fun.Another that sucks about live sports is theres always atleast 1 or 2 ass holes that either talk shit to you or are just annoying ruining the whole expierience.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It sure looks like people have a good time otherwise the stadiums would be empty.

Every college basketball game is basically sold out

bookme
    bookme's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went to a nhl game on January 3rd or 2nd - Detroit vs Canucks, first live game ever and I thought it was Alright. Not something I would do on a regularly, like 3-4 times a year.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I enjoy live games, but the prices of the tickets, parking. food and beer are comical.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    I enjoy live games, but the prices of the tickets, parking. food and beer are comical.
    yeah no shit.ive lost all interest in sports not only are the prices extremely selfish but when you hear the coach and team speaches they never once say this one is for the fans or they never interact with the fans that waited 10 hours just to get a glimps of them getting off the bus.its really bullshit and i would love to start a protest were millions of sports fans would just picket 1 NFl and not buy tickets or watch it on tv

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

SEAHAWKS thank the fans every time

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

But I'll never pay 10000-25000 a ticket

Never

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

Gotta agree.............give me my living room, 2 big screens, A/C, grub n beer & I'm more than happy. And I have pro bases, foots, baskets & hockey teams just a few miles away. Just too much hassle. I turn down more free tix more than I accept.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

OP is crazy. Nothing like seeing your favorite team live.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

Maybe its because i always get shitty seats next time ill pony up the $150 and get something were i can actually see who has possesion

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Crazy talk here... the only time being at home instead of being at game is in terrible weather conditions, and even with that it is debateable. You are right about prices - parking food, ticket prices too high. Wait til you get the good seats, it's great!

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

fans that have wives and don't take them are going to get away from them. even if they don't admit it to themselves. why do poor men fish and rich men golf? it's not that they enjoy making the effort to do it, but it gets them away from the wench who wants them to give full attention to them 98% of their free time. who wants to go visit "her" mother every sunday and sit there and endure talk about aunt bessie's corn removal or other medical issues when you can be at a game drinking and gambling. of course staying home watching and betting is preferred if she goes out (hopefully all day by herself or with other wives) who probably wonder why she wanted the marriage in the first place (of course finding a meal ticket is the goal of most women). but, they want to be supported financially and emotionally and that's a full time job for a guy interested in sports and wagering. so, any method of escape is acceptable to most and some try to hook into someone's season tickets and go just to get away from her.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Every time i go to live sports games its extremly boring.But watching them on tv seems more fun.Anyone else agree?Only good thing about live sports is the atmosphere outside before the game and the whole expierience of driving to the city and seeing all the big buildings and people.
    i feel the opposite.

if u are not having fun its bc u r not drinking enough beer