WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Georgia best college football program of all time

2 national championships

2 BCS Bowl wins

5th all time in bowl wins

Countless SEC titles

Here is the kicker though: A record 13th straight year with 8 or more wins with the blowout today.

Another top 5 recruiting class coming in. We don't rebuild its a reloading situation and its been like that since the 1800's. A string of national championships are just around the corner, mark my words. We are sitting on the biggest hotbed of talent in the nation with Georgia and Northern Florida kids dreaming of playing for UGA.

Even Matthew Stafford, who they said would be the top draft pick when he left high school in Texas for Georgia said all he ever wanted to do as a kid was play ball at the University of Georgia. He accomplished that, the pro career is an afterthought.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

looks like fishhead hacked WileOuts password and is starting threads now...

WileOut

nah you wont get any Iowa threads from me.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Georgia is the Mecca of college football. #1 program of all times.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

And I thought I was a homer

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Georgia is the Mecca of college football. #1 program of all times.
    You are a good man paver.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

LOL, they don't have the best program in their own state. GT has 4 National Titles and has a more recent one that Georgia. Their bowl records are similar.

WileOut

Seer the bowl records are nowhere close and Georgia has a 56-38 head to head matchup advantage. Also Georgia has accomplished everything playing in the SEC, and the SEC East to be specific, the best conference and conference division (respectively) in the nation. Tech has been an independent and played in the ACC, so they have had it very easy.

Also the 13 year 8+ game winning streak record is the most impressive record in college football.

And if you look at those years in the span of the 13 year ongoing record, over half of them they had 10+ wins. So they didn't come by it cheaply. Also I can't specify enough that this was all done playing in the SEC.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    And I thought I was a homer

you misunderstood. People were calling you a homo, not a homer....honest mistake

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Wileout , lets not get to over excited here.
    UGA is a respected program.
    they turned a bad year into a year alot of teams would have loved to have.
    still not up to par for the program.

WileOut

I can't fathom how a team can go 13 straight years winning 8+ games playing in the SEC east. Only Georgia could do it. 7 of them were at least 10 wins. This is just a mind blower.

mike, I agree the year was a down year for us but we still won 8 games and kept the streak going. Next year we will return a team that should get back to 10 wins. A monster QB will emerge from the 3 top 12 high school QB's that will battle it out in the spring for the starter position.

We are the only team in the nation that has 3 QB's on our roster (and will have next year) that were all ranked in the top 12 at their position in the nation coming out of high school. I am pumped.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    you misunderstood. People were calling you a homo, not a homer....honest mistake

The Seer

I agree it is a respected program but I agree with mike in that the last 2 years have been underachieving. 7-5 is not the best. You should be excited for your team but the best program of all time, . Georgia post season record=25–16–3, GT =22-15-0 with one to play so yes they are similar, not to mention again that they have 4 National Titles. I agree they play in a tougher schedule and conference but I think you've been hitting the punch a little much tonight.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If Georgia was in Big Ten or Big 12 the last 13 years it would have won 10 conference championships. They kill everyone in bowl games.

WileOut

Seer, 8-5, we finished 8-5. Big difference like I said, it extends the record.

Side note..anyone heard of Da'Rick Rogers? Well he is a 6-4, 210 pound receiver who runs a 4-4 flat out of the state of Georgia and is the most wanted wide receiver in the nation coming out of high school. 41 inch vertical, etc. UGA bound. Greene will not be missed.

paver that is a great point. You are exactly right. Your college football knowledge is second to none.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    I can't fathom how a team can go 13 straight years winning 8+ games playing in the SEC east. Only Georgia could do it. 7 of them were at least 10 wins. This is just a mind blower.

mike, I agree the year was a down year for us but we still won 8 games and kept the streak going. Next year we will return a team that should get back to 10 wins.
    I think FSU's run of 10 years in the top 3 and winning at least 10 games(reg season was only 11) was more impressive. They had some cupcakes but they played Florida, Miami, Holtz's Notre Dame and nobody wanted to face them in a bowl game whatsoever.

Also, don't forget that last year's Georgia team was supposed to win the National Title and ended up in the Citrus Bowl.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

mike, I agree the year was a down year for us but we still won 8 games and kept the streak going. Next year we will return a team that should get back to 10 wins. A monster QB will emerge from the 3 top 12 high school QB's that will battle it out in the spring for the starter position.

We are the only team in the nation that has 3 QB's on our roster (and will have next year) that were all ranked in the top 12 at their position in the nation coming out of high school. I am pumped.
    keep on smoking the texas pipe because it got your mind all screwed up.....Bama has three top 12 qbs on there roster not to mention the #1 prospect in the nation comming (Simms out of Vir.) Geo is behind Bama in bowl apperences, bowl victories, national championships, sec championships, and I would not call Bama the best team in football, one of the best yes. Anyone who feels like they could lay claim to the best program ever is a fool....

mmike032

we wont even get into Bama's ghost national championships....

The Seer

Seer, 8-5, we finished 8-5. Big difference like I said, it extends the record.

Side note..anyone heard of Da'Rick Rogers? Well he is a 6-4, 210 pound receiver who runs a 4-4 flat out of the state of Georgia and is the most wanted wide receiver in the nation coming out of high school. 41 inch vertical, etc. UGA bound. Greene will not be missed.
    8-5,ok, I left out the bowl. From everything I've seen he is the no 2 receiver behind Kyle Prater from Illinoiis that's going to USC. He should be a great player nonetheless, so congrats on that.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    we wont even get into Bama's ghost national championships....
    Nothing spooky about it......You want some, come get some....I was just explaining to Wile that anyone who believes their program is the best of all time is a fool.

mmike032

like I said...
    UGA is a respectable program, along with Bama.
    but lets not get into the mystical championships that Bama claims.
    that would take another thread

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They certainly aren't where I'd like them to be now.

If Vandy or UK could kick a straight field goal against Tennessee 3 years ago and/or if Herbstreit, Spencer Tillman, and Mark May don't masturbate all over LSU's back in a media frenzy, UGA beats Ohio State for the National Title.

But it didn't...just the way it goes.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

You are the one bothered by it. I just said more than Georgia.....nothing dis-respectful or degrading, You are the one who chooses to use terms like ghost and mystical.......envy does not suite you

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

If Vandy or UK could kick a straight field goal against Tennessee 3 years ago and/or if Herbstreit, Spencer Tillman, and Mark May don't masturbate all over LSU's back in a media frenzy, UGA beats Ohio State for the National Title.

so true
    its a shame what influence ESPN has

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

Yes, espn and other media types should stay out of it......at least Georgia did to Hawaii what Bama could not do to Utah.

lancerlotz
    lancerlotz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama is the Best Football program in modern college football PERIOD. If you want to count the 1940's then you could include Notre Dame.
    Ghosts championships? They are documented records where there was no unanimous voting system..
    It's indisputable what team is the best of all time in the SEC that's documented fact.
    The most impressive team over the last 20 years as far as national titles has been Miami.

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    ....Bama has three top 12 qbs on there roster not to mention the #1 prospect in the nation comming (Simms out of Vir.)
    Smelley was ranked 30th, Fanuzzi 18th, and McElroy was 11th but will he be gone next year? If so then you guys will only have 2 top 12 this year and 2 top 12 next year, including Simms. If McElroy stays then yes you will be in the same class as GA as far as QB talent and depth.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

Deep South's Oldest Rivalry Auburn Tigers 113 1892 2009 52 53 8 .495

The above came from a page about Georgia : So the "best college football program of all time " is behind Auburn 52 53 . How high should Auburn be ranked?

WileOut

silver every team in the nation has other teams that they have losing records to. Even GA, the best in the nation. BTW I wonder if that record includes this years game? If not we are tied.

And Auburn is a top 10 program of all time, so nothing to sneeze about.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

it does include this year's game.

Just teasing you a little. ....

was it mentioned that GA has twice the Heismans as Bama ?.... you gotta love Frank Sinkwich (heisman) and Charlie Trippi ( both from PA by the way)

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Hmmmm, hasn't UGA lost 17 of the last 20 games against UF??? UGA is UF's bitch
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-30-15 at 12:54 PM. Reason: image does not exist

dbnmln
    dbnmln's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Smelley was ranked 30th, Fanuzzi 18th, and McElroy was 11th but will he be gone next year? If so then you guys will only have 2 top 12 this year and 2 top 12 next year, including Simms. If McElroy stays then yes you will be in the same class as GA as far as QB talent and depth.
    Smelley is a receiver.....A J mckearns....Star jackson.......and Simms......Mcelroy.....Oh thats 4.....know your facts before write things.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

2 national championships

2 BCS Bowl wins

5th all time in bowl wins

Countless SEC titles

Here is the kicker though: A record 13th straight year with 8 or more wins with the blowout today.

Another top 5 recruiting class coming in. We don't rebuild its a reloading situation and its been like that since the 1800's. A string of national championships are just around the corner, mark my words. We are sitting on the biggest hotbed of talent in the nation with Georgia and Northern Florida kids dreaming of playing for UGA.

Even Matthew Stafford, who they said would be the top draft pick when he left high school in Texas for Georgia said all he ever wanted to do as a kid was play ball at the University of Georgia. He accomplished that, the pro career is an afterthought.
    That is one of the most absurd posts that I have read in a long time, homer. Just how many bowl games has UGA won. Try 18 now (to go along with their 19 losses). USC has won 32. Alabama has won 31. Georgia won as many NC's as USC, LSU, and Florida did in the past 8 years. UGA has not won as many SEC titles as Tennessee has, much less Alabama. UGA has won the SEC title two times in the past 15+ years. Flroida and LSU have done it two times since 2003. When was the last time UGA won a NC?

UGA has a nice team, and a cute mascot, but to say that they are the best college football program around is so absurd that it bogles the mind. I thought Zboiz was a huge homer, but this far surpasses anything that he has ever posted.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Winningest NCAA Football Teams as of 2009

From NCAA.org:
    Michigan Wolverines- 870
    Texas Longhorns-835
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish-834
    Nebraska Cornhuskers-821
    Ohio State Buckeyes- 806

Answer

Michigan has the most wins in Division I-A college football.

123 Last