broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Lane kiffin to niners?

If I was a niners fan I would not be happy if this happens.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

why? he has proven to be a good offensive mind. If anyone was going to hire him as a coach then i would be scared. But look at what he did at bama with that offense that was basically a power running offense before this season. He can't hurt the 49ers anymore than they have already hurt themselves with letting Harbaugh go. For an offense that was pretty pathetic this season they need all the creativity they can get and that is what Kiffin will bring.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Speaking of Ala

They have had a major position coach leave each year in last 5 (it seems) - has hurt their performance on the field

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all this stuff does not matter

If your NFL QB does not make plays you have ZERO SHOT TO WIN

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Personally if I was Kiffin I would get away from Saban and the SEC as soon as possible....only because Kiffin wants to run a more up tempo style of offense. Nick would really put the shackles on Lane at times, though many didn't think so, and Saban admits Kiffin did rub off on him but also drove him nuts at times because Saban wants to play power football at times. Kiffin is starting to rebuild his reputation and the question is will his next Head Coaching gig be better suited in the Pros or College?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Speaking of Ala

They have had a major position coach leave each year in last 5 (it seems) - has hurt their performance on the field
    lost Steele and Thompson last week also...as well as one of Cochran's strength and conditioning coaches. Thompson was expected, Saban hinted for him to resign or be fired...but losing Steele, a great recruiter, hurts a little. LSU is loading up as well as Auburn on coaches.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    why? he has proven to be a good offensive mind. If anyone was going to hire him as a coach then i would be scared. But look at what he did at bama with that offense that was basically a power running offense before this season. He can't hurt the 49ers anymore than they have already hurt themselves with letting Harbaugh go. For an offense that was pretty pathetic this season they need all the creativity they can get and that is what Kiffin will bring.
    where has he proven to be a good offensive mind? do you mean when he coached the USC had one of the best teams in college history? Bama did well this year...he's a quitter (ask Tennessee) and I don't think he will be a great mentor/coach for Kaepernick....but hey, i'm normally wrong so niner's will probably be in the super bowl nexts year.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

will be years befor 49ers be back again