eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I feel like this draft class is very weak; #1 to the Bucs. I don't see how the Bucs can pass on him.
    But then again, Glennon is a capable QB that could use another year or two in the league with more talent around him.

Tennessee at #2 could get him, because I doubt they want to pay Locker a top10 QB salary.
    Jets could go after him; but are they done with Geno Smith?

After looking at everything, my bet is that Tennessee will get him, unless Tampa Bay has given up on Glennon for no good reason.
    Last edited by eidolon; 01-07-15 at 07:16 PM. Reason: maybe not

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Bucs

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Not sold on Mariotta. He has the intangibles, but not sure his game will transition to the next level. I would take Winston over Mariotta,
    Mariota is a superior QB to Winston in every way. Far better runner, far better passer. Why in the world anyone would make such a statement is beyond me.

Winston has this reputation of being mobile, for some reason. You guys realize he only had, like 65 yards rushing this past season, right?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Mariota is a superior QB to Winston in every way. Far better runner, far better passer. Why in the world anyone would make such a statement is beyond me.

Winston has this reputation of being mobile, for some reason. You guys realize he only had, like 65 yards rushing this past season, right?
    In the college ranks I see your point. But I believe Winston is more of a pocket passer and less of a system QB. However, like I said his off the field problems are a grave concern. That may be enough for Mariota to be picked ahead of him, and succeed at a higher level on the next level.

BriGuy

In the college ranks I see your point. But I believe Winston is more of a pocket passer and less of a system QB.
    What exactly are you basing that on? The fact that only 1 FBS QB had more interceptions this year than him? If you get picked off 18 times in a single season in college, you'll get picked off about 30 times in the NFL.

He was a monster last year, no doubt. Would've been top-5 if he was in the draft. But this year really brought him down to earth.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    What exactly are you basing that on? The fact that only 1 FBS QB had more interceptions this year than him? If you get picked off 18 times in a single season in college, you'll get picked off about 30 times in the NFL.

He was a monster last year, no doubt. Would've been top-5 if he was in the draft. But this year really brought him down to earth.
    Yeah Winston tossed lot of picks this year, while Mariota threw almost none. Just do not think Oregon's O system Translates well into the NFL for a QB. WE shall soon find out who has the better NFL career.

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Bucs or Titans.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Putting my popcorn on ice for a couple years then get to watch the Mariota lovers eat crow. You people watch the NFL?

BriGuy

Yeah Winston tossed lot of picks this year, while Mariota threw almost none. Just do not think Oregon's O system Translates well into the NFL for a QB. WE shall soon find out who has the better NFL career.
    See, I don't think Mariota is just a system quarterback. I don't care what the system is, when your college career TD-to-INT ratio is 8-to-1, that's saying something. If you include the ones he ran for, we're literally talking a 10-to-1 TD/INT ratio. Even Winston's Heisman season was 4-to-1.

First 12