1 CBB Play Sunday

South Dakota State +4 +100 (Heritage)

YTD: 85-66-4, +16.22

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

LT be honest....

have you seen a South Dakota State basketball game this season?

just curious... i dont think i have ever seen them on tv.

which leads to my next question , how do u come up with a play like this? Is it strictly line movement and stats?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

whatever it is you do to generate these plays keep it up.

up 16 units is impressive. This must be your best sport.

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

I don't know about this one. I just read the post from Omar the wizard and he is on the opposite side of this pick. I will just watch this one to see who has the most powerful magic and see who gets this one right. Thanks for all the other great picks. Easy money tailing you.
    Points Awarded:

lilbpack1 gave jimminn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CarterTown
    CarterTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jesus! LT I'm rolling with you, Don't let these moped get in your head. In addition may i just say is bad form to question a guys pick when you're tailing him.

CarterTown
    CarterTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

2 CBB Additions

3 CBB Plays Sunday

Wis.-Milwaukee +7.5 -105 (5 Dimes)
    South Dakota State +4 +100 (Heritage)
    Washington State +9.5 +100 (Heritage)

LT Profits

Note that Milwaukee has been moved up to 1:00 ET.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    LT be honest....

have you seen a South Dakota State basketball game this season?

just curious... i dont think i have ever seen them on tv.

which leads to my next question , how do u come up with a play like this? Is it strictly line movement and stats?
    Everything I do is off of stats, watching games is overrated anyway.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    whatever it is you do to generate these plays keep it up.

up 16 units is impressive. This must be your best sport.
    60% and almost +26 in NFL this season even after Steelers loss.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    60% and almost +26 in NFL this season even after Steelers loss.
    Also going 8-1 in Bowl games bailed out my CFB season. Could have been 9-0 too, tough loss with BYU.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

profits you are doing some work this year

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Wow I respect LT's NCAAB picks but this is the dumbest thing I've read all day. And I just read a thread about people thinking Ohio state had pot leaves on their helmets.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Wow I respect LT's NCAAB picks but this is the dumbest thing I've read all day. And I just read a thread about people thinking Ohio state had pot leaves on their helmets.
    What exactly is so dumb? For someone that uses stats to make picks, sometimes watching games can skew your perception. I didn't say I don't watch games (except for baseball which I hardly watched until the post-season), but I don't do it as a handicapping tool.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

What exactly is so dumb? For someone that uses stats to make picks, sometimes watching games can skew your perception. I didn't say I don't watch games (except for baseball which I hardly watched until the post-season), but I don't do it as a handicapping tool.
    Watching games gives the highest edge. Anyone can look up stats if they want to but most people don't put the time into actually watching teams.

Stats say SDSU is one of best defensive teams in country, so you should back them. I've watched them miss tons of layups and dunks and wide open shots, and have been fading them successfully all year.

Stats show MSU is a top team. Watching them fail to finish over and over leads me to believe they don't have heart.

Stats show D'Angelo Russell from Ohio St. is a top freshman but I've seen him flop numerous times, miss big shots and make stupid turnovers in clutch times.

Other games I've seen teams throw balls out of bounds on their own stupidity, yet the other team get stats for 'forcing' turnovers. Some teams make clutch shots late in games, others get unlucky.

There's a lot more to every story than simple box scores.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Watching games gives the highest edge. Anyone can look up stats if they want to but most people don't put the time into actually watching teams.

Stats say SDSU is one of best defensive teams in country, so you should back them. I've watched them miss tons of layups and dunks and wide open shots, and have been fading them successfully all year.

Stats show MSU is a top team. Watching them fail to finish over and over leads me to believe they don't have heart.

Stats show D'Angelo Russell from Ohio St. is a top freshman but I've seen him flop numerous times, miss big shots and make stupid turnovers in clutch times.

Other games I've seen teams throw balls out of bounds on their own stupidity, yet the other team get stats for 'forcing' turnovers. Some teams make clutch shots late in games, others get unlucky.

There's a lot more to every story than simple box scores.
    Exactly.

Imagine where LT would be if he actually watched games. But I've had this conversation with him a million times over and he obviously isn't going to change.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Exactly.

Imagine where LT would be if he actually watched games. But I've had this conversation with him a million times over and he obviously isn't going to change.

i agree with lt.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You got to watch games if you want to be at the next level like us. Stats are good but they don't coach or play the game.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Exactly.

i agree with lt,, honestly the more i watch the more my capping tends to suffer. way better to let numbers do the talking than let your eyes and biases get in the way.. obviously i watch a ton of college hoops cause i love it but when im actually capping the gms very little if any of it involves what i have seen.

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

To be fair, why fix what isn't broken .

LT Profits

The thing is, I am not a "feel" or "gut" bettor or whatever you want to call it. So since all my capping is stat based, there is nothing that would benefit my capping by watching games. But again, I DO watch games, and quite often too (except baseball), but there is nothing than can mess up objectivity more than watching a blowout, either by or against a certain team.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Dont understand why people are so surprised?
    Isnt it obvious LT uses statistical analysis in all of his picks? Its clear to me atleast.

And if you bet solely based on watching games, then you probably aren't doing too well.

2daBank

south dakota st seems like a odd play,, 5th road gm in a row and facing a ndst team that never loses at home and only catching 4 points?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    south dakota st seems like a odd play,, 5th road gm in a row and facing a ndst team that never loses at home and only catching 4 points?
    I get the road trip, but I chose to ignore it because SDST would be 0-2 in the Summit with a loss, so I am assuming a full effort, especially with the trip spaced out (almost a week off before last game). So looking just at the numbers, they are very close but South faced a much stronger SOS, even covering the spreads at Utah and Northern Iowa. And remember that North is not playing at Bison Arena the next two years. Yes they are 7-0 at their temporary home (5-0 vs. Division I) but this could be stiffest test looking at who they have beaten.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I get the road trip, but I chose to ignore it because SDST would be 0-2 in the Summit with a loss, so I am assuming a full effort, especially with the trip spaced out (almost a week off before last game). So looking just at the numbers, they are very close but South faced a much stronger SOS, even covering the spreads at Utah and Northern Iowa. And remember that North is not playing at Bison Arena the next two years. Yes they are 7-0 at their temporary home (5-0 vs. Division I) but this could be stiffest test looking at who they have beaten.
    Good analysis here....
    and its a rivalry game..
    and no dak state lost a TON from last years squad

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

here is the thing... sportbook models dont watch games... its all stats... and thats okay, but im not positive you can put the most accurate hca on small conf/mid majors without some viewing... i prefer to watch the smaller conf. games because i feel their hca is typically undervalued... and ras and other top model groups place more focus on this area, so i do too.. my line on the small conf. teams is almost never the same as cris...and its been massive to the bankroll...

but thats it.. there is no need to watch big conf. rivalry games and shit like that..you arent learning anything from watching duke/unc wherever they are playing anymore... as far as lines go in those games, its useless ,imo
    Last edited by raydog; 01-04-15 at 01:13 PM.

2daBank

fair enough,, my biggest thing was the 5th straight road tilt against a team that always tough at home (honestly didnt realize they were playing at a different venue these next 2 years so thanks for pointing that out). . my other problem with s.dak would be they get a lot of their points from the line and ndst doesnt foul a whole lot.. looked to me like a gm where it would come down to who shot the trey better, both get a lot of points from behind the arc and neither defend it well. i usually lean home team in such cases. gonna pass cause you right ndst been feasting on bottom feeders at home, figured it was business as usual for them at home but didnt realize they wernt playing at bison these next couple years. hope you cash it man. gl

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I'd rather watch games on big screen TV than work spreadsheets with stats on the laptop. It's more fun. Trust me.

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

The thing is, I am not a "feel" or "gut" bettor or whatever you want to call it. So since all my capping is stat based, there is nothing that would benefit my capping by watching games. But again, I DO watch games, and quite often too (except baseball), but there is nothing than can mess up objectivity more than watching a blowout, either by or against a certain team.
    LT you don't need to explain yourself at all keep doing what you do I can personally say I appreciate what you do. Your plays speak for themselves!

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

I don't have the track record of many on this forum, but I think CBB lends itself to a heavy reliance on statistical analysis because of the sheer number of teams and games. With 350+ teams playing a couple of games per week, stats become pretty meaningful after a couple of weeks of games. (For example, there are 366 games this week.)

Don't know if that's where LT is coming from, but it makes a lot of sense to me. That said, I agree that it's more fun to watch the games...

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I'd rather watch games on big screen TV than work spreadsheets with stats on the laptop. It's more fun. Trust me.
    Fun, definitely. Profitable....?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

You couldn't possibly watch all the games you would need to if you used that as your primary handicapping tool.

dect6.0
    dect6.0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3847

Hey Dom, where exactly is your thread showing you are up +16 units or more?

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

Well so much for Omar the wizard getting that call right. You beat him on this one. Sure didn't look like it early. Good call

12 Last