TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

lets just leave it at lin had one of his many brainfarts. byron is not a good coach. but lin is a terrible play, net negative easily.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    I promise you there isn't a single coach in the league that would have fouled immediately in that spot.
    And I guarantee there isn't a single coach in the league that would've said "I was going to wait until the 10 second mark to foul."

You're just arguing semantics.

The point is Byron Scott is an idiot. And everyone agrees with that.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    just because he coaches in the nba doesn't mean he knows what he's doing.

you know that scott was apologizing to lin in the huddle when kobe was chewing him out.

scott knows he fukked up. besides, kobe's the coach of that team, not scott.
    The point is he didn't fukk UP by not fouling immediately like the muppets like you think he should have. He fukked UP by not at least trying for a steal or trying to force the ball to a lesser ft shooter

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

lakerboy, i'm from la, i know more about the lakers than you. don't pretend like you know about the lakers and their dynamics.

ahh i see. you gotta be from the city to know about a team. you got the team meetings and practices as well?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Is any black coach bright??

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

yes. give me a couple of hours to give you an answer
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-10-15 at 10:47 AM. Reason: image does not exist

TwoWays

kobe is right for bitching out lin. if guy doesn't have the awareness of time and situation at end of games he should not be on court. this is babysitting.

The Giant

And no way Byron Scott is a Lakers legend, Lakerboy.

He's no Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, James Worthy, Will Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe Bryant, etc.

He's not a Hall of Famer, nor does he have his jersey retired.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    And no way Byron Scott is a Lakers legend, Lakerboy.

He's no Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, James Worthy, Will Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe Bryant, etc.

He's not a Hall of Famer, nor does he have his jersey retired.

ok cool. he was a big part of those teams that won in the 80's though. giant i cant believe he was born in ogden,utah

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

The point is he didn't fukk UP by not fouling immediately like the muppets like you think he should have. He fukked UP by not at least trying for a steal or trying to force the ball to a lesser ft shooter
    you're a fukking clown stfu. pressuring the ball and going for the steal before fouling shouldn't even be mentioned. that's just a fundamental play before you foul with that much time. obviously, scott specifically said not to pressure or foul until the 10 second mark.

your concept of basketball is like a kid that's just learning the game.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    ok cool. he was a big part of those teams that won in the 80's though. giant i cant believe he was born in ogden,utah
    He's a devout Mormon.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    ahh i see. you gotta be from the city to know about a team. you got the team meetings and practices as well?
    people in la couldn't care less about byron scott. only curry eating dumb canadians think he's a laker legend.

TwoWays

byron not treated as the coming of anything special. he's just there to control kobe (and not doing a good job).

lakerboy

people in la couldn't care less about byron scott. only curry eating dumb canadians think he's a laker legend.
    You latino?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

The point is you don't give instruction to wait to foul at the 10 second mark. That's just insane. You press, go for a steal, force a pass, but you don't sit back and wait for 10 seconds. That severely limited their options.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

LOL...this has nothing to do with Lin's ability, IQ or Scott coaching prowess or lack-thereof...The lakers are following a script...the script says tank...but stay just good enough that the public actually fall for the BS they are shoveling...LOLOL...Anybody who has watched basketball for more than 5 minutes knows the right call was for Lin to foul...Lin was told not to foul because the LAKERS WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO WIN THAT GAME....period...

Kobe got the 50 mill....without being told that his job was to tank...The Buss' know it...Kutpchek knows it...and so does Byron...Kobe is the only one who seemingly has not figured this out...Since Kobe has returned from rest...the Lakers have been in every game they have played and lost only because the competition was better....Kobe has been playing the point and has been three times as efficient as normal while shooting less...so what does Byron do? He tells the media that Kobe needs to shoot more...LOLOL..

When the we all know..if Kobe shoots more..the Lakers get blown out...its that simple..notice Jim Buss has not said a word...The brass want that 5th pick...and if Kobe continues to shoot less with reduced minutes...the Lakers are going to win themselves right out of that 5th pick..LOL..Kobe stubbornly played himself into the ground in the 1st 2 months..of the season..and Bryon was more than willing to let him do it...gee i wonder why?

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    hey mods....??

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Team Tank!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

I'm scared because I actually agree with a small part of a menses post.

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

U guys think that's stupid? I think this situation is even worst.. Say a team is down by a basket, two or three points and there's only 28 seconds or less.. Now the team trailing is playing defense and not fouling hoping to get the rebound if the other team missed
    Now what if the other team don't miss or they get the rebound and game over. Even if you get the rebound you are only gonna have maybe 2 or three second. It's hard to get a decent shot off with two seconds... I have seen this everytime and hated the play calling. I think they should foul and try to steal or try to put bad free throw shooters on the line.

TwoWays

they don't have to try and tank. having lin on the court is like tanking. kid has low bb iq and it shows up regularly. saying bs told lin not to foul is just bs taking one for lin.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Glad I haven't been paying much attention to the NBA this season. Sounds like a sh#$ year.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

One more thing... I have a question about the NBA drafting guidelines...

Even if you are in last place... sometimes you don't get the 1st pick correct? Because isn't there a lottery?? So in a way... losing all of your games doesn't really help the situation.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

TwoWays

moneyer, tanking is a bad idea. phila been tanking for like 5 years. they got nerlons, imbid, williams…none which are game changers. they think it is sound strategy but it isn't.

upscope

you're a fukking clown stfu. pressuring the ball and going for the steal before fouling shouldn't even be mentioned. that's just a fundamental play before you foul with that much time. obviously, scott specifically said not to pressure or foul until the 10 second mark.

your concept of basketball is like a kid that's just learning the game.
    Are you joking?? Or are you really that stupid?? Are you seriously saying that down 1 with 24 sec to play that going for a steal before fouling shouldn't even be considered??

Like I said some of you people r helpless muppets.....You qualify!!

There's a big difference between being down 1 & being down 2 or more and is the reason u don't just automatically foul with 24 sec to play. You're biggest advantage working for you here is that you have plenty of time & are guaranteed to get the ball back with a chance to at least tie. Therefore you don't send an 86% to the line to shoot 2 before you at least try for a turnover or try to force the ball into a lesser ft shooters hands. If this strategy does not work then you foul. Why is that basic 101 strategy so hard to fukkin understand??

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Are you joking?? Or are you really that stupid?? Are you seriously saying that down 1 with 24 sec to play that going for a steal before fouling shouldn't even be considered??

There's a big difference between being down 1 & being down 2 or more and is the reason u don't just automatically foul with 24 sec to play. You're biggest advantage working for you here is that you have plenty of time & are guaranteed to get the ball back with a chance to at least tie. Therefore you don't send an 86% to the line to shoot 2 before you at least try for a turnover or try to force the ball into a lesser ft shooters hands. If this strategy does not work then you foul. Why is that basic 101 strategy so hard to fukkin understand??
    I'm fine with that, but that clearly wasn't Byron Scott's strategy here.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Yeqh the problem is the Lakers were playing out the possession like they were gonna let Memphis run the clock down, as if it was a normal possession in the game. They weren't trapping or trying to force a turnover or anything.

upscope

I guess Tyron Corbin is an idiot as well & doesn't know what he is doing.

Did anybody happen to see the Sac/Dal game last night??

SAME EXACT SCENARIO as this Laker game and Sac head coach Tyrone Corbin elected to play it the SAME EXACT WAY as Byron Scott did.

Sac was down 104-103 with 19.9 to play & the shot clock off. Corbin allowed Ellis to dribble it down to 8.7 seconds before intentionally fouling. ZERO pressure & perfectly content to allow Dal to run it down to 8-10 sec. More coaches than you guys think do this.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I guess Tyron Corbin is an idiot as well & doesn't know what he is doing.
    Well yeah, he is.

I saw that and thought of this thread as well.

It just seems to be these teams aren't on the same page so it takes a while before the coaches and players all know what they want to do. This kind of thing should be discussed during timeouts.

Doing this basically just gives you less time to run that last play with no extra chance of a steal/turnover. No advantage gained whatsoever.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

you're a fukking retard. reread what i wrote. "pressuring the ball and going for the steal before fouling shouldn't even be mentioned." meaning, players at this level knows to pressure the ball and go for the steal before actually fouling. you must be new to the sport. your basketball iq is just above a kid with a down syndrome.

D O I H A V E 2 G O S L O W E R 4 U ? S H O U L D I E X P L A I N I T A G A I N S O A R E T A R D C A N U N D E R S T A N D ?

First 12