lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I'm guessing you are more of an airgun type of guy?

good one.

if you get a chance let me know how often the average gun carrying citizen in the usa pulls the trigger on there gun.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

good one.

if you get a chance let me know how often the average gun carrying citizen in the usa pulls the trigger on there gun.
    I hope I never have to pull the trigger, that would be great. But i know I have it on me if a situation needed me to.

paco

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yes she def should have had the safety on.

and why does she need a gun in Wal-Mart?

One would have thought she would have had to have take a gun safety class in order to get her concealed carry permit.
    whats wrong with carrying at Walmart? Do thieves and robbers not hang around Walmart? penetrate that i carry everywhere. The mistake this women did is not having her gun on her person, and having it in her purse

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    How the fukk does a 2 year old pull a trigger?? Im confused.
    This.

Almost seems like it was her death wish calling.

Even though I'm sad to see someone die... the only thing positive about this... the 2 year old wasn't injured... and innocent people weren't hurt. Gun owner should of never had the firearm in her purse.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

good one.

Those stories are a little harder to find because they don't exactly help the gun grabbing agenda that most of mainstream media seems to prefer...you don't hear about the citizen pulling a gun on a would be reobber and running off, it just doesn't make the news, but this goes much further than self defense...it's pathetic how some "Americans" can be so ignorant in regards to the rights they have...thankfully most Americans haven't gone full retard and will fight for the rights of the ignorant...

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

The posters from around the world, do not want to post in this thread because most of the people in this thread will not want to hear what we say.

I want to make this clear....I am posting how I feel, and I couldn't give a shit the reaction.

I live in Canada. We do not have the right to carry a firearm, whether concealed or not. We have zero right to transport a firearm in our vehicle, unless it is a rifle/shotgun, and it is kept in the trunk, with a trigger lock and is being transported for use (going hunting, going to the range, etc).

I am 42 years old. I have never seen a handgun outside of the range (where most people store their gun, because they cannot use it anywhere else). I don't know anyone that owns a handgun, yet I come from a line of hunters and actually own 13 rifles and shotguns myself.

In my entire life I have NEVER thought 'I wish I had a gun on me'. I have NEVER seen a violent crime and have never had a friend or family member that has ever been affected by a violent crime.

People in in the States wonder why they are affected by so much crime.....maybe, just maybe, it is the ready access to guns, legal or not, concealed or not. It has become the norm. If I lived in the US of A I would probably defend my right as well....I remember when Canada tried 'gun control' to screw me with my hunting guns...and it pissed me off.....but handguns, semi-automatic rifles and automatic rifles, those are different stories.

Personally, I am very glad our government hasn't allowed this country the option....if they had, I can assure you I would not feel as safe. Here our criminals don't have the same options. We rarely have shootouts, of course they still happen....it isn't hard to get a handgun, hell I could order one today off of the Internet and have it tomorrow. But the difference is, our society doesn't think the same. Our criminals know that if they yell, raise their fist or (God forbid) hold up a knife, that nobody will want to mess with them. In the US every criminal knows that he needs an UZI, because of he tries to rob a place with a knife, 15 two year olds will be packing heat, just waiting for the change to blast his ass.

The right to carry.....doesn't make life safer. The problem is, that it is a deeper issue in the US, than can be addressed by just taking that right away....that option is long gone. What's the solution? Not sure.....I doubt there is one.
    Points Awarded:

MoMoneyMoVaughn gave Dollars2Donuts 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seto gave Dollars2Donuts 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoMoneyMoVaughn

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    This.

Almost seems like it was her death wish calling.

Even though I'm sad to see someone die... the only thing positive about this... the 2 year old wasn't injured... and innocent people weren't hurt. Gun owner should of never had the firearm in her purse.
    True. This two year old wasn't injured at all.

Knowing that at two, he killed his mother will not have any detrimental effects on this youngster at all, for the rest of his life.

Wherher his fault or not, this child's life will never be the same...and there is zero chance that his life will be better for it. I expect a lot of pain and a load of issues.

Truly sad.

TheMoneyShot

I agree with you D2D. I think a lot of people want to be cool and carry. Seems like everyone here in the states get their CCW license more than ever now. And even though people should be trained well while carrying... you should have good/smart instincts as well... and most don't know. They think every situation will turn into a Dirty Harry movie.

All of my rebel friends talk about protecting their families. They say... the law (police) don't even respond quick enough anymore... I'm not going to put my family in life/death situation being unarmed. But then I tell them... you're already in a life/death situation with that gun in your house every second of the day.

NrmlCurvSurfr

^thats bullshit

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

MS, I don't mind having firearms in the house. I grew up with two shotguns in the house, one in my parents closet and one downstairs. They were there exclusively in case of a break in. The ammunition was stored separately, but it was even accessible to me as a child, BUT I was trained in everything about guns. At 5 years old my dad took me to the country and started me off with a .22 rifle. He taught me the dangers of guns and what guns were about. I understood the dangers and I respected them and would never have even thought of abusing that.

The thing is....I think you should be able to protect your family at home. If anyone ever came into my condo, I would kill them....and I don't mind saying it. But carrying concealed weapons and the ease at which everyone can buy a handgun....that is what has created the situation, that ironicly enough, people feel they have to protect themselves from.

TheMoneyShot

^thats bullshit
    What part of it is BS? I'm just saying... how could you live with yourself if a firearm accidentally went off and killed a young one in your household? It's not worth it to me.

If an intruder came in your household... I'm sure you could figure out a way to defend yourself without the firearm. Several items at your disposal. If you happened to die... oh well. That's life. But I couldn't live with myself knowing someone died innocently... because of my firearm. You can do all the checklists in the world... and all the precautions... but we're human... sometimes things don't go as planned.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    The posters from around the world, do not want to post in this thread because most of the people in this thread will not want to hear what we say.

I want to make this clear....I am posting how I feel, and I couldn't give a shit the reaction.

I live in Canada. We do not have the right to carry a firearm, whether concealed or not. We have zero right to transport a firearm in our vehicle, unless it is a rifle/shotgun, and it is kept in the trunk, with a trigger lock and is being transported for use (going hunting, going to the range, etc).

Don't even know the laws in your own country.

Take foot, insert into mouth.

paco

What part of it is BS? I'm just saying... how could you live with yourself if a firearm accidentally went off and killed a young one in your household? It's not worth it to me.

If an intruder came in your household... I'm sure you could figure out a way to defend yourself without the firearm. Several items at your disposal. If you happened to die... oh well. That's life. But I couldn't live with myself knowing someone died innocently... because of my firearm. You can do all the checklists in the world... and all the precautions... but we're human... sometimes things don't go as planned.
    Why do u have a fire extinguisher in Ur business when u can call the Fire department?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Good luck defending yourself against an armed intruder with a toilet plunger.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Ms, guns don't fire themselves...that's the short answer, like d2d said, you have to know what you are doing in order to be safe...early training and education works for most Americans, it's a right and a responsibilty...just because some people are retarded doesn't prove that us educated folks should have our rights stripped...dumb gonna dumb, but that has nothing to do with responsible citizens...imagine if someone operating a dangerous piece of machinery killed themselves by not operating it safely, you think the machine should be outlawed because of some dumbfukk? Hell let's go ahead and shut down the whole shop, then their won't be a "dangerous" machine in the first place

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Don't buy your toddlers toy guns
    exactly.... buy them real guns...........

many hand guns manufactured these days don't even have safeties.... my bet is that either it didn't have one, or obviously was off b/c she's a dumbass..... it was in her purse, the kid was reaching into "mommie's purse", and happened to grasp his fingers on the trigger. and, dumbasses, a two year old can easily pull a trigger on just about any gun.... he didn't pick it up and aim it at her; IT WAS LYING IN THE PURSE......

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Don't even know the laws in your own country.

Take foot, insert into mouth.
    Excuse me? I would love to hear what 'I dont know' about gun laws and legislation here in Canada.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Ms, guns don't fire themselves...that's the short answer, like d2d said, you have to know what you are doing in order to be safe...early training and education works for most Americans, it's a right and a responsibilty...just because some people are retarded doesn't prove that us educated folks should have our rights stripped...dumb gonna dumb, but that has nothing to do with responsible citizens...imagine if someone operating a dangerous piece of machinery killed themselves by not operating it safely, you think the machine should be outlawed because of some dumbfukk? Hell let's go ahead and shut down the whole shop, then their won't be a "dangerous" machine in the first place
    Do criminals buy those machines from the shop, and walk around and commit violent acts with them? That argument is old.

I am not saying all of your response is stupid, but that particular part is. There is a difference, you need to be able to see that.

Kermit

Having a purse with a loaded gun in it sitting next to a child in a cart is just a bad idea from the start.

I read about this a few days ago. Did any new updates go into detail at all? Like did the kid reach into the purse and then the gun went off while still in the purse and hit the woman or did the kid actually remove the gun and point it? I have a hard time picturing a 2 year old holding a small hand gun and getting their little fingers around the trigger and having the strength to pull it that way.

I can see reaching into the purse and grabbing the gun by the trigger and the guns own weight making it go off inside of the purse.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Excuse me? I would love to hear what 'I dont know' about gun laws and legislation here in Canada.
    No problem.

CCW is legal in Canada, corrupt, unlawful officials just won't issue permits.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Good luck defending yourself against an armed intruder with a toilet plunger.
    Kermit Had this discussion with a business owner about a year ago. We talked about an intruder coming into your home while you were sleeping etc... what do you do with your gun etc? According to the "law" (what he told me).... he said... if the intruder came into your home... and he was running out of your house... and he made it outside. you ran out... and shot him while he was on your driveway... the law doesn't protect the home owner. It constitutes as aggressive force and... basically you killed a man. The homeowner goes to jail. I don't quite understand that law? Or the reason? But... it protects the criminal. Why is that?

So... a robber can come into your home... basically.. "attempt" a robbery... he spots you... you exchange words from afar... he knows you have the gun... he bails out. You feel violated. You chase him and shoot him... basically... "instinctively" because you are still... "in my book" protecting your property. But if you shoot and kill him... you go to jail? That doesn't make sense to me. So why have a gun in the first place???

So we took it a step further... we said... ok... we shoot the guy... he's on your driveway... guess we'll drag him back into the house... so it's self defense.

So not only there's a debate if we should carry and protect??? We now have to figure out "in the heat of the moment" what we can... and can't do. Unreal.

NrmlCurvSurfr

This entire thread is old...I've posted this before: You can't understand what you never had...my great great great great grandfather was carrying on our farm in Texas and everywhere 160 years ago and I'll be damned if I don't put up some kinda fight to preserve that right for my great great great great grandchild...if the rest of the world and even the US wants to disarm us...come and take it

paco

Kermit Had this discussion with a business owner about a year ago. We talked about an intruder coming into your home while you were sleeping etc... what do you do with your gun etc? According to the "law" (what he told me).... he said... if the intruder came into your home... and he was running out of your house... and he made it outside. you ran out... and shot him while he was on your driveway... the law doesn't protect the home owner. It constitutes as aggressive force and... basically you killed a man. The homeowner goes to jail. I don't quite understand that law? Or the reason? But... it protects the criminal. Why is that?

So... a robber can come into your home... basically.. "attempt" a robbery... he spots you... you exchange words from afar... he knows you have the gun... he bails out. You feel violated. You chase him and shoot him... basically... "instinctively" because you are still... "in my book" protecting your property. But if you shoot and kill him... you go to jail? That doesn't make sense to me. So why have a gun in the first place???

So we took it a step further... we said... ok... we shoot the guy... he's on your driveway... guess we'll drag him back into the house... so it's self defense.

So not only there's a debate if we should carry and protect??? We now have to figure out "in the heat of the moment" what we can... and can't do. Unreal.
    because Ur life is not in danger if intruder is running away. MI gun laws does not protect property like certain other states

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

JJ you should have never started this thread.

You have everybody fighting now.

Kermit

Well yeah, I mean you can't chase someone down and shoot them in the back in your yard. We have 6 guns in our house, one hidden in almost every room and I just feel a bit safer knowing that if anyone breaks in at night that they are there.

You just hate to have something happen and think "Man, I wish that I had a gun"

NrmlCurvSurfr

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    JJ you should have never started this thread.

You have everybody fighting now.
    This thread is actually more useful than most of his other threads...it promotes discussion and isn't some lame air bet play or some story about a 2.5in dick...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    whats wrong with carrying at Walmart? Do thieves and robbers not hang around Walmart? penetrate that i carry everywhere. The mistake this women did is not having her gun on her person, and having it in her purse
    yeah and come to mind there was a shooting at a Wal-Mart last year in Vegas and 2 cops got killed.

But Paco arent u not allowed to carry a gun into a bar or any place that serves alcohol?

do u carry to bars too?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Let's ban guns

No excuse here

Guns kill

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Let's ban guns

No excuse here

Guns kill
    JJ she should have never let the baby get that close to her purse if she knew she had a loaded gun in it.

and foreal why not have it in a case with a strap over it? and put the safety on too.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yeah and come to mind there was a shooting at a Wal-Mart last year in Vegas and 2 cops got killed.

But Paco arent u not allowed to carry a gun into a bar or any place that serves alcohol?

do u carry to bars too?
    Here in Texas, it's not uncommon for restaurant owners to not display the proper signage...you are not supposed to carry where alcohol is served BUT, the proper signs have to be displayed appropriately, some biz owners intentionally post invalid signs or no signs...thus giving the CHL holder an out if he had to use his firearm in self defense...I won't go into a restaurant with proper signage, obviously a ton of other people feel this way as well...

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Well yeah, I mean you can't chase someone down and shoot them in the back in your yard. We have 6 guns in our house, one hidden in almost every room and I just feel a bit safer knowing that if anyone breaks in at night that they are there.

You just hate to have something happen and think "Man, I wish that I had a gun"
    Kermit, never believed the rumors about Sesame Street being so dangerous. Now I know.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

damn Kermit... you sound like James Bond.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

True. This two year old wasn't injured at all.

Knowing that at two, he killed his mother will not have any detrimental effects on this youngster at all, for the rest of his life.

Wherher his fault or not, this child's life will never be the same...and there is zero chance that his life will be better for it. I expect a lot of pain and a load of issues.

Truly sad.
    Or the baby could turn out to be like Dexter the tv show

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    No problem.

CCW is legal in Canada, corrupt, unlawful officials just won't issue permits.

And please tell SBR the rules and regulations behind it? The circumstances in which they are given? Please enlighten SBR.

First 12345 Last