gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

Thursday Early Bowl Games Thread

My plays:

Wisconsin/Auburn:
    Over
    Both great offenses, wisconsin decent defense and auburn awful defense. I think this goes over. Easily. I don't want to write up more than that on it, except that both teams can score (notwithstanding Wisconsin's loss to OSU a few weeks ago) and will score. Both teams also give up points. Over is the play. 63.5 is the line and this line should be closer to 70 in my mind.

Michigan State/Baylor:
    Hardest bowl game to cap. Will be so fun to watch. My pick:
    Over
    This game could go so many ways, it could be a defensive game or an offensive game, baylor could dominate or michigan state could dominate. I'm not touching the spread because both teams are great and I think that goes either way, however both offenses are fantastic and points will be put up. Both defenses are also great. But when two great offenses play against each other, I expect points to be put up. 69.5 is a high number, but if one team reaches 40, which I think is likely, this should go over. Light up the scoreboards baby.

Missouri/Minnesota:
    Missouri Moneyline.
    Line is -190 for Missouri to win. Missouri has a top 10 defense, one of the most underrated sides of the football in all of college play. I think this game likely goes under but minnesota and missouri both have weird offenses so I'm not going to touch the over/under. I just know that both teams have motivation to win, Missouri has lots of seniors leaving, and I don't see them leaving this game to Minnesota. Missouri will the game, but I don't want to lay the 4.5 points because I could see this being a 24-21 victory. Take the Mizzou ML.

Hoping I go 3-0 tomorrow.

Post your picks and write-ups.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wisky
    Baylor
    Mizu

Pretty easy card

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10674

Totally agree on the Wisc/Aub game was watching this one a few days with the Over. Was waiting for a good game to take my shot . All- In with this one Over 65.5 a bit higher but they should get this as long as there are no stupid penalties killing drives or taking TDs off the board.

Book Crook
    Book Crook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Auburn -6.5
    Baylor -2.5
    Bama -8
    FSU + 8 & ML

captrobey

Punting from the 34 does not help the Over and that missed Int does not help would have possibly been P-6

captrobey

This has turned into a fking joke nothing deep no offense total nightmare right now for the Over

captrobey

And just when i say that they finally connect deep .

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I dislike the Baylor defense immensely...thought the big matchup was Michigan St offense vs their crap defense

ToyotaLC
    ToyotaLC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

M State-Baylor starting well on the over. Wis-Aub getting bogged down.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57705

Gottta love Millen talking about player personnel... WORST GM in the history of sports - Comical!

captrobey

Went all-in on the Over on this really thought they would get it. Penalties hurt and that Int where it looked like they might go into the EZ hurt . But i am way overdue for a miracle win would love to get it here. Maybe trade a few TDs and get into OT . Need 45 More.

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

2nd that Art...I was telling my kid the same thing regarding Millen

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I dislike the Baylor defense immensely...thought the big matchup was Michigan St offense vs their crap defense
    They rush the QB pretty good. I think they can do some damage if they get up and take Sparty's running game away

captrobey

Good start 14-14 keep trading TDs and get me into Ot

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Baylor is just too fast for MS! MS doesn't play on fast turf like that very often and Baylor does

Art Vandelay

Gordon carving up the SEC - Again!

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

Imagine what could have been if they had a QB with a pulse.

Art Vandelay

Gordon!

Art Vandelay

Winning in spite of Stave... He's the only one keeping it close.

gregmav1

if wisconsin had a decent qb this should be 35-17 right now and the over would be looking good... at this point i'm just hoping the wisc/aub game goes to OT... the other two look solid right now

Art Vandelay

Millen saying Marshall will be a QB on an NFL roster makes me think he'll be playing in Canada...

Art Vandelay

Over!

gregmav1

FU.CK YEAH!

beautiful, thought they had no chance at half. awesome.

now lets go mizzou and keep scoring baylor

captrobey

penetrate You Carlson just cost everyone the fking Over and while i am at it FU Both offenses 3 fking points in OT fking Joke

ToyotaLC

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    FU.CK YEAH!

beautiful, thought they had no chance at half. awesome.

now lets go mizzou and keep scoring baylor
    Nice picks Greg. Are you making any picks for the rose/sugar bowl?

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaLC View Post
    Nice picks Greg. Are you making any picks for the rose/sugar bowl?
    thanks.

mizzou just won, 1 more point in mich st game and ill go 3 for 3, made a ton of money today.

for playoff games im taking oregon/fsu over, and maybe parlaying bama/oregon, maybe playing the over in bama game. i think ohio state has a legitimate shot at winning but i do think bama pulls it out, but i wouldnt lay 8 points on either the oregon or bama game.

so yeah, over on oregon game, probably parlay bama/oregon, probably over on bama game.

ToyotaLC

thanks.

mizzou just won, 1 more point in mich st game and ill go 3 for 3, made a ton of money today.

for playoff games im taking oregon/fsu over, and maybe parlaying bama/oregon, maybe playing the over in bama game. i think ohio state has a legitimate shot at winning but i do think bama pulls it out, but i wouldnt lay 8 points on either the oregon or bama game.

so yeah, over on oregon game, probably parlay bama/oregon, probably over on bama game.
    3 for 3!

gregmav1

3 for 3!
    woo!

money baby.

so yeah, doing oregon/fsu over, parlaying oregon+bama for a small amount, and possibly doing over on bama/osu after i look at the numbers a little more during the oregon game.

gregmav1

I'm not going to lie....

I'm absolutely on fire today.

Hit Wisconsin +245, hit wisconsin/auburn over 63.5, hit baylor/michigan state over 69.5, hit Mizzou -190, about to hit oregon/fsu over 74, and hit the first half of my oregon/alabama moneyline parlay.... Haven't missed a pick yet.

Final pick for the sugar bowl game is bama/ohio state over 58. I think alabama wins but ohio state is great and could take this, so I'm not touching the spread.

But yeah, final pick for the day is bama/ohio over. This will be like 42-31 or something. I'm up a shit ton today after going 6-0 so I don't care too much if I hit it, but that's my play.

Good luck guys.

ToyotaLC

Greg, you are looking at going 7-0. Over might cash on Ohio v Ala. Are you strictly NCAAF or do you analyse NFL too. I gotta say, 7-0 is not a fluke. You logic seems to be working.

gregmav1

Greg, you are looking at going 7-0. Over might cash on Ohio v Ala. Are you strictly NCAAF or do you analyse NFL too. I gotta say, 7-0 is not a fluke. You logic seems to be working.
    Haha I appreciate it but I assure you if I did this well all the time I would be up a lot more lifetime than I am. While not a total fluke, this is one of the better days I've had sports gambling. I hope you tailed on some of my plays and got some nice wins.

I am having a good day though, and have a great feel for all these college football teams. I do NFL too but I'm only alright at nfl betting, NCAAF is my forte and where I think I have an edge. I just follow the season and teams very closely, whereas NFL everyone seems to follow extremely closely and I think it's hard to beat the books.

Hopefully Bama and OSU continue to keep this up-tempo pace, over 58 looks good with 34 points with 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 8-0 possibly with my bama/oregon parlay hopefully hitting.

I'll let you know my thoughts on the other bowl games if I get some good looks. Today I just felt really good about a bunch of games. Right now one I can tell you that one I've been looking forward to is Florida over East Carolina. Florida will cover that spread, I feel pretty good about that.

ToyotaLC

Haha I appreciate it but I assure you if I did this well all the time I would be up a lot more lifetime than I am. While not a total fluke, this is one of the better days I've had sports gambling. I hope you tailed on some of my plays and got some nice wins.

I am having a good day though, and have a great feel for all these college football teams. I do NFL too but I'm only alright at nfl betting, NCAAF is my forte and where I think I have an edge. I just follow the season and teams very closely, whereas NFL everyone seems to follow extremely closely and I think it's hard to beat the books.

Hopefully Bama and OSU continue to keep this up-tempo pace, over 58 looks good with 34 points with 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 8-0 possibly with my bama/oregon parlay hopefully hitting.

I'll let you know my thoughts on the other bowl games if I get some good looks. Today I just felt really good about a bunch of games. Right now one I can tell you that one I've been looking forward to is Florida over East Carolina. Florida will cover that spread, I feel pretty good about that.
    Sounds good. You helped me erase some bad picks (brought on by too many PBR's) last night. Look forward to your picks if your willing to share for the rest of the tourney.

gregmav1

Sounds good. You helped me erase some bad picks (brought on by too many PBR's) last night. Look forward to your picks if your willing to share for the rest of the tourney.
    I gladly will... If it ends up being Bama vs. Oregon that will be such a hard game to cap but such a fun game to watch haha. Good luck bud.

Go Bama. Go Over. Woo!

ToyotaLC

I gladly will... If it ends up being Bama vs. Oregon that will be such a hard game to cap but such a fun game to watch haha. Good luck bud.

Go Bama. Go Over. Woo!
    A perfect day. Well done greg.

gregmav1

Eh, almost. Lost my oregon/bama parlay but I hedged some and put some on Ohio State when they were still +190 in the 2nd quarter. Overall yeah, fantastic day. Thanks bro.

12 Last