Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Oklahoma vs Clemson Monday - Thoughts on over /under 52.5????

Has anyone decided to bet on this total? If so whats your thoughts/Angle here?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

So IMO the Big 12 plays no defense. Clemson however has the #1 ranked defense in the country.

Clemson will be starting their second string QB who has thrown more INT's than TD's.

But Clemson Coach Dabo Sweeney does get the most out of his troops in Bowl games...

Also something else i found interesting is despite the public normally gravatating toward overs according to vegasinsider 90% of bets are coming in on the under...

i know i dont have to bet this total but i am curious whatever here thinks about this game

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

The rest of the bowl games before Jan 1st are tough ones to cap for me... a lot of variables on both sides, and its tough to pick a more motivated side in the games. I don't really like anything until New Years day, where I like about every dog ML.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Weather forecast looks good anyone betting this total?

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

No Deshaun Watson means no way in hell I'm taking Clemson or the over. I like OU and the under in this one.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    No Deshaun Watson means no way in hell I'm taking Clemson or the over. I like OU and the under in this one.
    yeah my friend who is a huge Clemson fan was telling how much Cole Stoudt sucks. He says they call him
    "3 and out Stoudt" and "Cold Start" instead of Cole Stoudt lol

but here is the thing Oklahoma and the Big 12 in general have a reputation of not playing any defense at all.

Clemson does have playmakers around Stoudt and the game is in Sunny and Warm Florida.

Is anyone impressed with Oklahoma's offense?

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Today I am looking at the OKLAHOMA- CLEMSON MATCHUP as Oklahoma comes in as a 4.5 point favorite currently. I like Oklahoma here to cover and win this one due to several reasons. While Clemson does come into this game with the statistically-ranked No.1 Defense in the country and plays fast on that side of the ball, I do think Oklahoma can neutralize Clemson a bit because of their excellent play up front and not only that but Venables is the D-coordinator for Clemson and Stoops and co. know how to play chess against this guy having been around his defensive gameplanning for over 11 years. Same could be said about Venables knowing Oklahoma's offense but they have likely tweaked their Offense since he left.

The key factor I like here is that QB D. Watson for Clemson is out and if he were playing I may have switched my lean to Clemson but without him under center the offense for the inconsistent Clemson offense becomes even more stagnant. The way I see it Oklahoma will focus on loading the box while daring Stoudt to beat them through the air. Oklahoma is good against the run so I can see them making 3rd and longs for Stoudt for much of the game. While their secondary has struggled of late I think some time off and preparation will help the Sooners secondary come back to life and if anything their performance vs Alabama last year is an indication they are capable of bouncing back in a big way. WIthout the dual threat Watson provides Clemson becomes almost anemic, and could be disastrous if Stoudt makes bad decisions leading to short fields for Oklahoma.

On the other side Oklahoma simply has more weapons in RB Perine, WR Shepard and while it wont be easy because Clemson plays pretty good defense I think in the end the ineptitude of Clemson's ability to move the ball will put too much pressure on their vaunted defense and eventually Oklahoma will break through for some scores pulling away.
    Take the Oklahoma Sooners for the cover and 2nd consecutive bowl win. GL

Sooners -4.5 20 unit play BIG

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    This

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    Today I am looking at the OKLAHOMA- CLEMSON MATCHUP as Oklahoma comes in as a 4.5 point favorite currently. I like Oklahoma here to cover and win this one due to several reasons. While Clemson does come into this game with the statistically-ranked No.1 Defense in the country and plays fast on that side of the ball, I do think Oklahoma can neutralize Clemson a bit because of their excellent play up front and not only that but Venables is the D-coordinator for Clemson and Stoops and co. know how to play chess against this guy having been around his defensive gameplanning for over 11 years. Same could be said about Venables knowing Oklahoma's offense but they have likely tweaked their Offense since he left.

The key factor I like here is that QB D. Watson for Clemson is out and if he were playing I may have switched my lean to Clemson but without him under center the offense for the inconsistent Clemson offense becomes even more stagnant. The way I see it Oklahoma will focus on loading the box while daring Stoudt to beat them through the air. Oklahoma is good against the run so I can see them making 3rd and longs for Stoudt for much of the game. While their secondary has struggled of late I think some time off and preparation will help the Sooners secondary come back to life and if anything their performance vs Alabama last year is an indication they are capable of bouncing back in a big way. WIthout the dual threat Watson provides Clemson becomes almost anemic, and could be disastrous if Stoudt makes bad decisions leading to short fields for Oklahoma.

On the other side Oklahoma simply has more weapons in RB Perine, WR Shepard and while it wont be easy because Clemson plays pretty good defense I think in the end the ineptitude of Clemson's ability to move the ball will put too much pressure on their vaunted defense and eventually Oklahoma will break through for some scores pulling away.
    Take the Oklahoma Sooners for the cover and 2nd consecutive bowl win. GL

Sooners -4.5 20 unit play BIG
    Ole' ringejob eh?

Book Crook
    Book Crook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

I'm down big on Oklahoma -5. Don't really like the chalk, especially since only a few favs have covered this bowl season. In this case I think it'll be fine. Oklahoma has more weapons and their offense can def. score on Clemson. On the other hand Clemson has a crap 2nd string QB starting and while OK doesn't play great defense, they can put enough pressure on this green QB to cause problems.

Oklahoma -5 = pound town.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

What is going on with this line ????

its down from 52.5 to 49 now!!!!!

i guess over bettors are fukked right?

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

I've made some good money fading Cole Stoudt this year. Kid is awful.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

college football take the over if its under 50
    doesn't matter who's playing or not
    they are all 18-22 yrs old.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    I've made some good money fading Cole Stoudt this year. Kid is awful.
    Dabo says the times Stoudt has struggled it was bc he was unaware he was going to be the starter.

now he has had 3 weeks of 1st team reps

navyblue81

I went ahead and played OU. Staying away from Over/Unders this bowl season as they're just too unpredictable. The under makes sense, but these exhibition games you just never know. I do know Stoudt sucks and with time off, Trevor Knight is healthy and OU should be able to handle Clemson. Only worry is motivation factor for OU. They're used to being in a big BCS game and now they're in the Champs Sports Bowl.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Dabo says the times Stoudt has struggled it was bc he was unaware he was going to be the starter.

now he has had 3 weeks of 1st team reps
    what is he supposed to say? "well yea the kid sucks". probably wouldnt help his cause much would it?

i dont have any interest in laying the points with ou tho, dont trust stoops, and dont think there any way you can reasonably expect them to be motivated like they were in last years bowl..clem defense will probably keep them in it as long as stoudt can keep from putting them in bad spots..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

hoping for a high scoring game

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    hoping for a high scoring game
    i wouldnt think it all that high scoring but not like you need a track meet to get over that number.. still think you might need a couple defensive or special teams plays but certainly not out of the question..gl

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

Whats with the blocked kicks?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

hittin on teezahs n pounded Clemsin ML -588 errliah.

navyblue81

Glad I didn't pull the trigger on a big bet with OU. Was going to and then considered the motivation and travel factor and put very little on them. Hoping the Lightning tonight make me a plus for the day. But I think this game is more about how much Oklahoma does not want to be there than it does Clemson. Teams that are traveling big distances are laying eggs this bowl season. Making me consider Stanford tomorrow night.