yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    ABC would have a cow if they got stuck with the Hawks in the NBA finals

people in Atlanta dont even like the Hawks.

But they do play good team basketball. And good defense.

Lebron will decide to play hard in playoffs and single handedly destory them.
    Hawks don't have great national appeal but neither did the Pistons when they went to two NBA Finals

and Orlando going to the Finals?

The issue with Atlanta is more the stands being empty.

Atlanta doesn't have fans. The Braves went to the playoffs every year for a long time and couldn't sell out.

The Hawks have attendance issues. The Falcons have attendance issues.

The Thrashers had to fold up their tent and leave town because no one came to the games.

They said Atlanta is a transplant city with a lot moving there, but it's not the only city like that. The issue is just that Atlanta is not a pro sports town. Every pro team in Georgia always has problems and it doesn't matter if they win or not.

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    yisman you are a charitable guy. How do you get so many badges? when i donate i don't get them
    You have two charity badges in your signature.

I bought 18 donations or something so I have a lot. Last year I bought a ton from a charity drive and had to ask SBR to remove them because people complained.

I wish they'd just make it one badge with the dollar amount. So this should just be one badge for 540.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Yis I do not get this.

What is it about Atlanta / Georgia

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Many NBA experts think Atlanta is the favorite to win the NBA title

This team came out of nowhere

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Georgia only cares about the Bulldogs and to a lesser extent the Falcons & Braves. Braves are hoping that moving to the new stadium will help with some of the attendance issues. The GA Dome and Turner Field are a bitch to get in and out of.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Yis I do not get this.

What is it about Atlanta / Georgia

Georgia is not a pro sports state. It's pretty much college football and nothing else gets the kind of traction needed. Atlanta happens to be the biggest city by far and thus the one with the pro sports teams but it's irrelevant. If you look at the other nearby areas of Georgia I don't think they give a damn about pro sports either. If they did, you'd have fans going to Atlanta to see the local teams.

Cleveland fans would kill to have teams like the Hawks, Braves, and Falcons.

All the Cleveland teams stink. Atlanta teams are generally successful. Falcons had some good years recently. Hawks coming on strong now (and had a few playoff appearances recently), Braves have been consistently good for like 20 years.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

After the Spurs, who has the longest streak of making the playoffs?

...the Hawks

First 12