Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Sports fixed matches

Just saw a documentary up here in Canada talking about sports gambling. They noted that there are an estimated 300 sports fixed matches per year in the world. Mostly european soccer.

My questions is, are there any ways of finding out which sports matches will be fixed other than joining the mafia or just finding out word of mouth by having connections? Are there any other indications that a few regular sports bettors use to find out? Specifically like software or something?

superhans
    superhans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

If you've got access to betfair, you can download API which will let you know when there is big money going down on games.

Usually Greece or Russia. An average game will have a few £1000 matched. A suspicious game will have £250000 matched.

The price will drop massively though, and there is no guarantee the match is fixed. Might just be a wealthy type dropping massive £££s

There was a champions league qualifying game at the start of the season which I got on. Made a tidy sum

Betfair will suspend the markets if they think something is wrong. Regular books are likely to void your bet

Swaggy P

Well I think ill just pass on that then...

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Just bet any NBA game, they are all rigged!

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" did a piece a while back on how scammed up soccer is.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Truest statement I've ever read on this forum.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Soccer at times yes

Maybe once in a whole some college sports involving a few kids

Pros .. No

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Bullshit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pro athletes make too much money to fix games

Angry frustrated bettors cry fix

Havito
    Havito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    Just saw a documentary up here in Canada talking about sports gambling. They noted that there are an estimated 300 sports fixed matches per year in the world. Mostly european soccer.

My questions is, are there any ways of finding out which sports matches will be fixed other than joining the mafia or just finding out word of mouth by having connections? Are there any other indications that a few regular sports bettors use to find out? Specifically like software or something?
    I am greek and i know what is happening in Superleague.If you want to find when a match is fixed you have to watch live Olympiakos games.If Olympiakos accept goal first with a little team like Levadiakos it's propably fixed at HT/FT 1/2.Every year in greek superleague they fix matches.That's how little football team owners make money in Greece.

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by Havito View Post
    I am greek and i know what is happening in Superleague.If you want to find when a match is fixed you have to watch live Olympiakos games.If Olympiakos accept goal first with a little team like Levadiakos it's propably fixed at HT/FT 1/2.Every year in greek superleague they fix matches.That's how little football team owners make money in Greece.

So if Olympiakos gets a goal scored against them, then what kind of betting options are there to make a profit. I don't have much of a clue on soccer betting.
    Last edited by Swaggy P; 12-19-14 at 09:46 AM.

allang198
    allang198's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

So if Olympiakos gets a goal scored against them, then what kind of betting options are there to make a profit. I don't have much of a clue on soccer betting.
    The worst on I saw was a slovakian game

The home team were winning 2-0 after 28 minutes yet the draw was -600

game finished 2-2

Havito
    Havito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

If Olympiakos gets a goal,the first goal of the match,against them you will bet Olympiakos to lose half time and to win final time.For example Levadiakos-Olympiakos,Levadiakos scores the first goal.HT/FT 1/2 was at 4.80 only!But 4.80 is very good odd.Half time was 1-0.In the second half Olympiakos scored two goals.Levadiakos-Olympiakos 1-2FT.The match came HT/FT 1/2 as i expected because i know that the president of Levadiakos has good relationships with the president of Olympiakos.Levadiakos gives points to Olympiakos every year.That's why Olympiakos wins the championship every year.Because Marinakis has relationships with the other teams presidents.Many presidents are friends with him.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

There are some threads on this in soccer forum. You're better off hunting there m7.