Kings fire Mike Malone....

No link sorry

I don't get it though

Dude seemed like a good young coach and they had a good start

If cousins wasn't hurt they would have a better record as well

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Really?? That is strange. Guy had command of the players. Without cousins of course they struggle. And who would ever believe Rudy gay could carry any team. Bad choice to fire if real

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Really?? That is strange. Guy had command of the players. Without cousins of course they struggle. And who would ever believe Rudy gay could carry any team. Bad choice to fire if real
    Exactly

Watch they get Shaq to coach

Bad move though imo

Must have been something going on internally

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Agree. He's got team killer Rudy Gay, crazy prison inmate Demarcus Cousins, and a bunch of bums, and they were still winning.

Probably the best thing that ever happened to him. He'll get a job with a better team as soon as this year I'd think.

TwoWays

Ty Corbin interim. Lol. We know his laughable resume from Utah.

Ralphie Halves

Ty Corbin interim. Lol. We know his laughable resume from Utah.
    Yikes. He was REALLY bad. Kings are a great fade now.

TwoWays

Okc is a joke without Durant and Westbrook. You don't seenthem firing that inept brooks.

Ralphie Halves

Okc is a joke without Durant and Westbrook. You don't seenthem firing that inept brooks.
    And that's unfortunate. He can get them to the brink, but that's it. He'll coach them out of ever having a shot at the title.

The west is so stacked this year, OKC could miss the playoffs. Would be the best thing that ever happened to them.

laclippers504

Yikes

What in the world is Sac doing

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Wow. Really didn't see this one coming. What do you expect the guy to do without DMC?

Prior to the injury they were having their best start in AGES.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    And that's unfortunate. He can get them to the brink, but that's it. He'll coach them out of ever having a shot at the title.

The west is so stacked this year, OKC could miss the playoffs. Would be the best thing that ever happened to them.

Not the first time I've read this either. Are SBR people for real with this nonsense? Already people were idiots for saying when they were 3-12 but now it's getting really inexcusable. They're basically already in the 8 spot today, just a half game back.

You think the fukking Suns, Pelicans, or Kings are gonna match their record from here on out now that OKC have caught up with them already unless Durant or Westbrook go down again? All 3 teams are incomparable to OKC.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post

Not the first time I've read this either. Are SBR people for real with this nonsense? Already people were idiots for saying when they were 3-12 but now it's getting really inexcusable. They're basically already in the 8 spot today, just a half game back.

You think the fukking Suns, Pelicans, or Kings are gonna match their record from here on out now that OKC have caught up with them already unless Durant or Westbrook go down again? All 3 teams are incomparable to OKC.

Not probable, but possible.

So there's a 100% chance Westbrook and KD are going to stay healthy all season? Drop one of those guys at any point, and this team is in trouble IMO.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Agreed! OKC basically went right back into the playoffs. Phoenix did a poor job of winning.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Agreed! OKC basically went right back into the playoffs. Phoenix did a poor job of winning.
    Phoenix stink. Last season was a complete and utter fluke.

That said they are the play tonight I think lol.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Not probable, but possible.

So there's a 100% chance Westbrook and KD are going to stay healthy all season? Drop one of those guys at any point, and this team is in trouble IMO.
    Well obviously they're in trouble if they lose one of those 2 guys for an extended period of time. But if we're going along those lines then basically any team can miss the playoffs. If Dirk goes down, if Harden goes down, if Aldridge goes down... Their teams are in serious trouble of missing the playoffs as well.

My post was obviously predicated on both guys staying healthy which is why I said "unless...." at the end. Some people think a healthy Thunder is going to only win like 45 games and hence possibly miss the playoffs. What a fukking joke.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

bad decision. Cousins is the best center in the league and by far the best player on that team. What do you expect. Gay can't win on his own.

laclippers504

I could see them making a splash with the Nets for Deron Williams and KG.

Fan base won't like this firing

Idk how finances would match up but they could ship some stuff to Brooklyn that would keep them competitive. I assume Rudy Gay would have to be involved in any trade since aside from Cousins his salary is bulking enough to even things out a little. Landry could be included as well along with Collison.

Maybe something like

GAY, LANDRY, SESSIONS DERRICK WILLIAMS AND MACALLUM FOR

DERON WILLIAMS, KG, KARSEV AND TELETOVIC

Cousins
    KG
    TELETOVIC
    McLEMORE
    Williams

Not a bad line up and Collison could come off the bench which I feel he's more suited for

Seto

Can Teletovic really play the 3 though? Offensively maybe but on defense...

Don't see this adding much to Sacramento tbh. DWill looks washed up. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good though, who knows.

They give up all the depth they have with that trade.

Nets would actually be the winners here, I would feel. Other than the fact that Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay would be a headscratching duo.

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Can Teletovic really play the 3 though? Offensively maybe but on defense...

Don't see this adding much to Sacramento tbh. DWill looks washed up. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good though, who knows.
    D will does look washed up and honestly idk if it gets Kings in playoffs or makes them much better but I think it's worth a chance and could revitalize the franchise.

Not like they giving up too much. And for the Nets, they definite stay competitive.

You could slide Jack in to start at the 1 and put Williams at the 4. With Lopez, Gay and Johnson filling out the other spots. Might be a fun team to watch.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    D will does look washed up and honestly idk if it gets Kings in playoffs or makes them much better but I think it's worth a chance and could revitalize the franchise.

Not like they giving up too much. And for the Nets, they definite stay competitive.

You could slide Jack in to start at the 1 and put Williams at the 4. With Lopez, Gay and Johnson filling out the other spots. Might be a fun team to watch.
    I feel like the Kings would actually be giving up quite a bit. No big names but basically their whole supporting cast.

Nets would benefit in some ways for sure. The only thing is you end up with Jack as a shoot-first PG playing with guys like Gay, Johnson and Lopez who all need the ball.

The Nets would then have to trade Gay or Johnson along with a couple other pieces for Rondo.

If they could line up Rondo, Johnson/Gay and Lopez that's a solid big 3.

I doubt the Celtics would want either of those guys' contracts though.