homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

If u thought the 4 team playoff would solve the bcs problems..

I'm laughing at u because I knew all along that it would not. It simply pushes the debate out from 2 teams to 4 teams. Numbers 5 and 6 and maybe 7 will have a strong case.

Just watch every year and maybe 1 in 5 years the top 4 will be very clear while all others it will be a mess..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

They should have the top 8 teams make the playoffs.

Its dumb how this system is in place for the next 10 years

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

I agree top 8 teams if not top 12

If 12 seeds 5-12 play each other with winners progressing to play top 4

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

but i understand why they did it the way they did.

From a Logistics stand point it was much less work for everyone invloved to go with the 4 team format.

This way the whole playoffs only last about a week and the bowl games like Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl etc get to remain prestigious

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it waters down the regular season games the larger they make the bracket. I personally was against the playoff format initially but this has been pretty interesting down the stretch with a few more teams having a chance to play for the title.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Maybe more meaningfull games during the reg season would be more interesting

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Top 4 is all that matter. They will get it right. 8 is too manny

homie1975

If they go more than 4 teams rhen the bowls are ruined. It's a money and sponsor thing to keep it 4.

Trust me

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think it made all the games interesting down the stretch. Even though the 5 6 7 8 seed are on the outside.... they all had a chance. The only way you make it... WIN OUT... go undefeated. It's the only way to secure a spot.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I think it made all the games interesting down the stretch. Even though the 5 6 7 8 seed are on the outside.... they all had a chance. The only way you make it... WIN OUT... go undefeated. It's the only way to secure a spot.
    Not true. Why is fsu #4 while 3 three loss teams are above them. It's because it's about style points. I guarantee that within 3 years an undefeated team from a power 5 conf will go undefeated but get left out of the top 4. How about Marshall they were undefeated before playing west kentucky but weren't even in the top 25 poll of the playoff committee lmfao

homie1975

Come on 4 team playoff backers. Defend it if u dare

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Let's wait until the regular season is complete before we start a ruckus

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Let's wait until the regular season is complete before we start a ruckus
    Coach there are only a handful of games this weekend but i can tell u that teams 5 and 6 will have supporters in droves who are not even fans of the teams who can clearly see they got screwed and this splitting hairs thing is retarded. The bcs was better

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

homie is right, you need 8 teams. the worst part about 8 teams is that 16 will follow shortly thereafter. have the quarterfinals the weekend before christmas 1 friday 3 saturday keep the semis and final where they are easy game

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

You're stupid if you think having two teams selected by a computer was a better system.

I think 8 would be ideal but someone is always going to bitch about getting left out.

With that said, I would rather the 5th team that has two losses bitch about not getting in rather than an undefeated FSU.

With 8 teams, you're pretty much guaranteed to have the best team in there. With 4 teams it's probably about 90%.

With two teams who the hell knows. Remember Auburn getting left out?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

with 4 teams you are looking at a scenario like we have now with baylor and tcu, a conference champion being left out against a team they beat no less. that scenario is basically impossible with 8 teams, is there gonna be bitching from number 9 of course, but its far down enough that they dont have a huge gripe

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

No one thought it'd be perfect. It's better than the BCS though.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Like shaun said the best would be 8 or 12 teams. Every other division can handle 16+ team playoffs...it aint that hard. You could still keep all the conference title games and stupid bowls around if you really wanted too.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

the problem with 16 is that the regular season wont be nearly as good

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    You're stupid if you think having two teams selected by a computer was a better system.

I think 8 would be ideal but someone is always going to bitch about getting left out.

With that said, I would rather the 5th team that has two losses bitch about not getting in rather than an undefeated FSU.

With 8 teams, you're pretty much guaranteed to have the best team in there. With 4 teams it's probably about 90%.

the computers were only 1/3 of the BCS rankings. the human polls were the rest. who is the stupid one??

computers are UNBIASED. humans are BIASED

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    No one thought it'd be perfect. It's better than the BCS though.
    we'll see. in 16 or so years of the BCS they had the two best teams in there probably 12 times maybe more. the BCS did extremely well

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

that was 2004 and a dominant Utah team led by Urban Meyer also get left out. there were 4 undefeateds that year and USC and OU were the two best on the field even though OU got smashed. Auburn played a shit non conf sched that year and was punished for it

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    I agree top 8 teams if not top 12

If 12 seeds 5-12 play each other with winners progressing to play top 4
    This sounds good and they probably will get to this but it will take foorreevveerrrrr.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Ridiculous that every other level of college football can make playoffs work, but not FBS.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    the problem with 16 is that the regular season wont be nearly as good
    Was just using them as an example. Like 12 the most personally. Dont think it would hurt the regular season much though. The top teams would still be playing for seeding and home field, while you would get more games not involving top 10 teams that actually meant something.

And im personally for anything that gets rid of the 3 week to month layoff between the end of regular season and bowl games.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Should go back to the old system but take four instead of two; if they're going to let politicians and AD's select the teams then it should be 16 like I-AA.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ive always said it should be an 8 team playoff... the first round would be your 4 major bowls (Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta). Im sure they'd can come up with a good gimmick for the 2nd round games and the championship game. Make all 5 major conferences have a conference title game: win your conference you get an auto bid... leaves 3 at large bids and everyone is happy... #9 won't have an arguement

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

I actually liked the bcs better...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

People will bitch regardless. This year certainly makes an 8 team playoff look ideal, but OSU shouldn't have lost to VaTech if they wanted to be in. Baylor should have scheduled someone out of conference, doesn't have to be a juggernaut. TCU beating Minny is a solid win and helps immensely.

I think the committee is doing a good job. This would be my four, but FSU higher though it doesn't matter as it works out better to be at 4 for them anyway. I would have them 1, so no different except they wouldn't start with Bama. BCS would be fun this year, would FSU really be left out of the championship game as the only team with no losses. Doubtful. Would be Bama/FSU at this point most likely with Oregon and TCU bitching. So I think it's working fine. Would like 8 though, for sure.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    People will bitch regardless. This year certainly makes an 8 team playoff look ideal, but OSU shouldn't have lost to VaTech if they wanted to be in. Baylor should have scheduled someone out of conference, doesn't have to be a juggernaut. TCU beating Minny is a solid win and helps immensely.

I think the committee is doing a good job. This would be my four, but FSU higher though it doesn't matter as it works out better to be at 4 for them anyway. I would have them 1, so no different except they wouldn't start with Bama. BCS would be fun this year, would FSU really be left out of the championship game as the only team with no losses. Doubtful. Would be Bama/FSU at this point most likely with Oregon and TCU bitching. So I think it's working fine. Would like 8 though, for sure.
    ohio state has beaten 8 bowl teams. Do u look at the one loss or do u look at the quality wins?

homie1975

it's still a beauty contest no matter what anyone thinks/says

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

If they have 8 teams Oregon and Alabama and even FSU could play their scrubs in the championship games because they will be in playoffs even with a loss since they won't drop below #8. In fact it could lead to collusion between teams on who to pick to face in playoff.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

4 is working out fine this season. Don't care about supporters of teams 5,6,7,8 whining their balls off.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

There is always going to be arguing in this ESPN embrace-debate sports culture within which we live. They send ***68*** teams to the NCAA hoops tourney and yet on Selection Sunday we always here people complain about which teams were wrongfully left out.

As far as football is concerned, it's better to debate #5 then debate #3. Right now (prior to the completion of Dec. 6's games) if they were using the BCS, then Oregon would be the team on the outside looking in, with Alabama and FSU going to the championship game. So I don't see how anyone can say the current system isn't any improvement.
    Last edited by BriGuy; 12-06-14 at 01:16 PM.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    There is always going to be arguing in this ESPN embrace-debate sports culture within which we live. They send ***68*** teams to the NCAA hoops tourney and yet on Selection Sunday we always here people complain about which teams were wrongfully left out.

As far as football is concerned, it's better to debate #5 then debate #3. Right now (prior to the completion of Dec. 6's games) if they were using the BCS, then Oregon would be the team on the outside looking in, with Alabama and FSU going to the championship game. So I don't see how anyone can say the current system isn't any improvement.
    Oregon is #2 right now while FSU is #4 in the CFP ranking.

how do you know where they would rank Oregon in the BCS when the BCS is no longer in play? please let us know the computer rankings in the Harris Poll rankings that the BCS used when NEITHER is in fukking existence right now. the BCS was 1/3 computer and 2/3 was human polls.

some of you say things that boggles my mind. the lack of info on college football is unreal. just unreal

12 Last