Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Charles Barkley calls Ferguson looters "Scumbags".

Why Charles Barkley supports the Ferguson grand jury decision
    Former NBA star Charles Barkley called Ferguson looters 'scumbags' and said that 'key forensic evidence, and several black witnesses that supported Officer Darren Wilson’s story.'

By Husna Haq December 1, 2014 11:37 AM

Former NBA star Charles Barkley recently called Ferguson looters "scumbags," praised police officers who work in black neighborhoods, and said he supports the decision made by the grand jury not to indict officer Darren Wilson in the Michael Brown shooting.
    Related Stories

During an interview on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia on Tuesday, the day after the Ferguson decision was announced, host Mike Missanelli asked Barkley about it and why "black America" doesn't trust the ruling.

His response surprised some listeners.

"The true story came out from the grand jury testimony," Barkley said, adding that he was made aware of "key forensic evidence, and several black witnesses that supported Officer Darren Wilson’s story..." He continued, "I can’t believe anything I hear on television anymore. And, that’s why I don’t like talking about race issues with the media anymore, because they (the media) love this stuff, and lead people to jump to conclusions. The media shouldn’t do that. They never do that when black people kill each other. "

He also called those who rioted after the decision was announced "scumbags," and said "There is no excuse for people to be out there burning down people's businesses, burning down police cars."

And in a marked departure from other prominent black leaders who have questioned tactics used by officers and, in some cases, accused officers of racial profiling and outright racism, Barkley supported police officers, especially those who work in black neighborhoods.

“[W]e have to be really careful with the cops, because if it wasn’t for the cops we would be living in the Wild, Wild West in our neighborhoods," he said. "We can’t pick out certain incidentals that don’t go our way and act like the cops are all bad.... Do you know how bad some of these neighborhoods would be if it wasn't for the cops?”

His comments are in sharp contrast with those made by other black leaders on the Ferguson case. Rev. Al Sharpton and civil rights activist Jesse Jackson have both criticized the Ferguson decision and racial profiling by police. President Obama is scheduled to hold meetings with civil rights groups Monday on law enforcement and how to rebuild trust in black communities.

Other black athletes have also reacted to the Ferguson decision. Prior to Sunday’s kickoff against the Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams football players Stedman Bailey, Tavon Austin, Jared Cook, Chris Givens and Kenny Britt entered the field with their hands up, referring to the "hands up, don't shoot," rallying cry of Michael Brown supporters.

This PBS Newshour chart shows that a majority of grand jury witnesses agreed that Michael Brown reached into Officer Wilson's police car, but a majority also testified that Michael Brown had his hands up when he was fatally shot.

Barkley immediately drew praise from conservative media and bloggers. "Charles Barkley speaks the truth about Ferguson, calls out the media, and it’s EPIC," wrote Young Conservatives. "Former NBA star Charles Barkley slams Ferguson rioters, leftstream media and Obama," said the Tea Party News Network.

While Barkley's comments are a departure from that of some of his black colleagues, they shouldn't be surprising to those who know Barkley.

In 2013, Barkley famously said he agreed with the George Zimmerman acquittal in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. In July of last year, a Florida jury found that neighborhood watch leader Zimmerman, who is white and Hispanic, was not guilty in the shooting death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

"That’s probably not a popular opinion among most people. But just looking at the evidence, I agreed with the verdict," he told CNBC host Maria Bartiromo on CNBC's Closing Bell about the Zimmerman verdict.

Twitter lit up with reaction to Barkley's comments, both angry and supportive.

Charles Barkley is the modern day Uncle Tom and he just made every virulent Klan and hate group in America cheer.— Jeff Gauvin (@JeffersonObama) July 18, 2013

Charles Barkley is the laughing stock of the sports world....dumb as shit and well trained by his slave masters— Jeff Gauvin (@JeffersonObama) July 18, 2013

Charles Barkley with a measured and thoughtful reaction to the #Zimmerman verdict.— Brian Adam Jones (@bjones) July 18, 2013

Pretty intelligent comments by Charles Barkley on CNBC. On several topics, actually, including the Zimmerman trial.— Tom Getz (@Getztowondering) July 18, 2013

Barkley is honest man. Have to respect his take on the #Zimmerman case and on racism.— Richard Golding (@24kt_GLD) July 18, 2013

Regardless of the feedback he gets on his Ferguson comments, Barkley made it clear on the Philadelphia radio show that he will continue to share his thoughts on the Ferguson decision and on race in America, telling listeners, "I ain't shutting up and I ain't backing down."

http://news.yahoo.com/why-charles-ba...163736319.html

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Charles was referring to the idiot that posts at SBR

Scumbag
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: retard

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

who is sir charles on tonight guy is sharp

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

great job Barkley

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Good to see people who are always in the spotlight to speak the truth regardless of popular opinion. Call it like you see it, not the way others want you to.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Barkley is the new Cosby.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Barkley is the new Cosby.
    and almost an equal hypocrite.

considering he's a degen gambler and gets pinched driving drunk with blow.

sir charles is clearly a fcking dummy.

take his advice. he's a stupid athlete, not a role model, or someone sophisticated enough to opine on these matters

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Charles was referring to the idiot that posts at SBR

Scumbag

i also bet sports at a higher level than you.

you realize youre a fcking joke to me, right?

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

charles is the man. he was cool as fuk at the bodog party in 08' during the wsop. taking pictures with everyone and chatting it up. haters gonna hate tho.

jjgold

Charles even became a bigger legend today

Guy was dead on....all evidence supported cop
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave jjgold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

scumbag

ive met him too. he's clearly an approachable guy. but he's also fcking dumb, and an uncle tom to boot.

this moron doesnt understand how a grand jury process works. of course he doesnt, hes a retarded athlete who should learn to STFU.

this fcking dummy is clearly watching fox.

how else could one conclude that zimmerman was a good guy who acted justly? (hilarious after we've seen what a fcking mess the guy is)

or side with the cop when there wasnt even a trial because the prosecutor is a fcking cun.t?

take the moral high ground, you fat, drunken, coke head, degenerate.

i love how he uses the retard talking point that seemingly justifies killing blacks, "well, they kill each other all the time."

ya, thats how it works, you fat fcking dummy, people victimize whoever is closest. he acts like whites dont kill whites at nearly comparable rates.

he's parroting every retarded fox news talking point.

fck this stupid, drunk, coked out, degenerate, motherfcker.

you rightwingers should hate this guy. he's ruined countess white pussies. as you're licking your old lady's vag, you should ask about those two years she lived in scottsdale in the early 90's.

chances are, ole barkley beat the pussy up, like a coked out, demon, gorilla, savage. if i could paraphrase former officer wilson.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jonal

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Barkley speaks the truth. I love how this interview was a week ago and people are just hearing about it now.

scumbag

you're a moron, twizzle.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Charles is real

jjgold

Great Job Charlie!!

scumbag

guess im the only fcking guy with a lick of sense in this entire joint.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

First black guy in the media that doesn't take a side just because of "the black card"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Barkley spot on.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Barkley spot on.
    Definitely

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12894

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    ive met him too. he's clearly an approachable guy. but he's also fcking dumb, and an uncle tom to boot.

this moron doesnt understand how a grand jury process works. of course he doesnt, hes a retarded athlete who should learn to STFU.

this fcking dummy is clearly watching fox.

how else could one conclude that zimmerman was a good guy who acted justly? (hilarious after we've seen what a fcking mess the guy is)

or side with the cop when there wasnt even a trial because the prosecutor is a fcking cun.t?

take the moral high ground, you fat, drunken, coke head, degenerate.

i love how he uses the retard talking point that seemingly justifies killing blacks, "well, they kill each other all the time."

ya, thats how it works, you fat fcking dummy, people victimize whoever is closest. he acts like whites dont kill whites at nearly comparable rates.

he's parroting every retarded fox news talking point.

fck this stupid, drunk, coked out, degenerate, motherfcker.

you rightwingers should hate this guy. he's ruined countess white pussies. as you're licking your old lady's vag, you should ask about those two years she lived in scottsdale in the early 90's.

chances are, ole barkley beat the pussy up, like a coked out, demon, gorilla, savage. if i could paraphrase former officer wilson.
    Why don't you tell us how you really feel ???

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

What does white women have to do with this? Who is racist now?

sourtwist
    not a non pro

guess im the only fcking guy with a lick of sense in this entire joint.
    Your anger issues are astonishing. I have anger issues too.

But

I deal with them differently, and I not only express my opinions on any forums I am a member of, but I do it in real life too. You sound like someone who bullies people on the reg, but youre not a sc umbag, youre a pussy.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Wait. so according to him doesnt like talking about race issues with the media...so he goes on a radio show talks about race issues.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Barkley is da man.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Gotta love Chuck wagon usually always sharp, independent thinker, and not afraid to speak his mind. Need more people with balls, brains, and voice like Chuck in the world these days.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

To those of us that actually looked at the evidence in unbiased fashion (I'm no fukking fan of cops or the system in general). Those out their protesting, rioting, laying down in malls.....well the only thing missing was clown shoes and big red nose/wig. That's what they looked like to us

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    To those of us that actually looked at the evidence in unbiased fashion (I'm no fukking fan of cops or the system in general). Those out their protesting, rioting, laying down in malls.....well the only thing missing was clown shoes and big red nose/wig. That's what they looked like to us
    No reason for this to be a biased issue. A cop shot someone in fear for his own life. Usually it is the cop that gets killed and then the big funeral and then that is the end of it. No protests, no riots, no looting, no burning of cars and buildings, just a dead cop who leaves a family behind and nobody cares about that. Well, I have nothing more to say about this matter, it is sad for all concerned, but, somebody broke the law and paid the ultimate price, and this time it wasn't a cop.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Was implying the protesters/rioters are more on the biased scale Mag not the cop. Red, blue , Brown , white , or yellow this punk thug was clearly in the wrong and made the ultimate wager with his life and lost.

Now in the aftermath it's the ones protesting for most part making this a race issue and did from day 1 but it's all part of the script and just how these things go down. If Brown had been a white kid shot under exact same circumstances in same town even NONE of this would be happening I can guarantee that! And Barkley crossed the proverbial picket line here and broke the silent code amongst his brethren. Stand for the cause even if you know we're wrong or just shut the fukk up and stand down. Now he's gonna be a "sell out, not black enough, uncle Tom" or whatever they wanna sling. That is until his p#ssy liberal rich white bosses at tnt who think they are so in touch with society issues and urban culture save his ass by telling him you gotta go on air and make the usual half hearted statement apologizing and telling everyone this was taken outta context. Cause we know what a good portion of our demographic is and this shits bad for business Chuck! Sad but that's the world we live in!

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

and almost an equal hypocrite.

considering he's a degen gambler and gets pinched driving drunk with blow.

sir charles is clearly a fcking dummy.

take his advice. he's a stupid athlete, not a role model, or someone sophisticated enough to opine on these matters
    He had a box of bearclaws.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

BOL in tonight's wagers.

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Your anger issues are astonishing. I have anger issues too.

But

I deal with them differently, and I not only express my opinions on any forums I am a member of, but I do it in real life too. You sound like someone who bullies people on the reg, but youre not a sc umbag, youre a pussy.
    No pussy, would break bones in your face for fun.

no bully, will break bones in the face of people I see as bullies. I have a pathological disdain for bullies. That's why I'm a violent radical.

How retarded are you to presume to know how I act IRL.

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Was implying the protesters/rioters are more on the biased scale Mag not the cop. Red, blue , Brown , white , or yellow this punk thug was clearly in the wrong and made the ultimate wager with his life and lost.

Now in the aftermath it's the ones protesting for most part making this a race issue and did from day 1 but it's all part of the script and just how these things go down. If Brown had been a white kid shot under exact same circumstances in same town even NONE of this would be happening I can guarantee that! And Barkley crossed the proverbial picket line here and broke the silent code amongst his brethren. Stand for the cause even if you know we're wrong or just shut the fukk up and stand down. Now he's gonna be a "sell out, not black enough, uncle Tom" or whatever they wanna sling. That is until his p#ssy liberal rich white bosses at tnt who think they are so in touch with society issues and urban culture save his ass by telling him you gotta go on air and make the usual half hearted statement apologizing and telling everyone this was taken outta context. Cause we know what a good portion of our demographic is and this shits bad for business Chuck! Sad but that's the world we live in!
    We learn a lot from this thread.

#1 lesson

losing gamblers are really fcking stupid.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

No pussy, would break bones in your face for fun.

no bully, will break bones in the face of people I see as bullies. I have a pathological disdain for bullies. That's why I'm a violent radical.

How retarded are you to presume to know how I act IRL.
    Lets make it happen fukkface.

scumbag

I'll lay you 2/1 sight unseen. You fly to vegas, we have legit MMA style fight and film it for SBR.

2k minimum. I'm not trying to waste my time.

123 Last