Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    -2 in a game that sees 200 points scored is a lot different than -2 in a football game that sees 40 points scored on average.
    Or a baseball game that sees 10 points.
    Yeah I don't even know what to say to that.

Whatever. This conversation doesn't interest me anymore. I've made my point.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Basketball games are made of runs. If you consider having a team basically at pk (Mavs were only getting 1-2 points I would hardly consider that "getting points" at all really in the sense that you're spinning it in) just leading by 6 after 3 quarters automatically to be the "right side" I don't know what to say. That's not how this sport works.

If your team is up 15 in the 4th or by 25 at any point in the game then ok, fine, you can say that. A 6 point lead is nothing until maybe the last 6 or 7 minutes.

ok well the mavs were up by:

12 at halftime
    11 with 4 min left in the 3rd
    4:31 Monta Ellis makes 20-foot jumper (Tyson Chandler assists) 76-65
    6 points going into the 4th

for the mavs to be +1 and have a varying size lead for approx 85% of the game, i would say yeah, mavs +1 was prob the right side here

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    [/B]

12 at halftime

for the mavs to be +1 and have a varying size lead for approx 85% of the game, i would say yeah, mavs +1 was prob the right side here
    12 points with 24 minutes left in the game.
    11 points with still 16 minutes left in the game.
    6 points (lol) with 12 minutes left in the game.

You realise those are leads that can evaporate in 2 or 3 minutes and we're talking about sooo much time left in the game. And you need the team to win basically. Do you guys watch NBA much? Serious question. Maybe things are different in CBB with the difference in talent, length of the game, shot clock etc. I wouldn't know I don't watch that shit.

The only decent part of the argument is that they did lead for most of the game and those weren't just isolated moments. But I still disagree.

The only thing that you can claim as being a lead that you would expect to stand almost every time is the Bulls being up 6 with 2 or 3 minutes left. That's a lead that I'm pissed off by if my team blows it. If the team I bet on leads by 6-12 points most of the first 3 quarters, I absolutely don't think of it as "I was on the right side". There's a reason games are 4 quarters long.

Soon we're going to have guys saying "my team scored the first basket of the game they were the right side!"

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

I think Suns will take care of Mavs !! It is high time for Mavs to lose a game !! and if they don't lose today I will double on next Mavs game !! They WILL LOSE in next two games !!

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by hot jerry View Post
    i think suns will take care of mavs !! It is high time for mavs to lose a game !! And if they don't lose today i will double on next mavs game !! They will lose in next two games !!
    wnt !!

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    [/B]

12 at halftime

Agree man seems pretty simple to me

Seto

Just gonna have to agree to disagree I guess.

Would be interested to know how often you guys think you lose despite being on the right side a week. Must be a lot if that's your criteria

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Just gonna have to agree to disagree I guess.

Would be interested to know how often you guys think you lose despite being on the right side a week. Must be a lot if that's your criteria
    Lmao I hate when people say they were on the right side despite having lost smh. Makes no sense.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Lmao I hate when people say they were on the right side despite having lost smh. Makes no sense.
    Well if your team is up 20 with 5 minutes to go and all you need them to do is win for example I can see that.

But if they're leading by 2-4 possessions during the 2nd and 3rd quarters to me it's nonsense to claim that's the right side.

First 12