nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

bill parcels
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave nyplayer33 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Pete Carroll

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Nick Saban

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

sorry for repeat if someone already said it but my pick is RED AUERBACH

the guy had by far i mean by far the most talented teams and the nba was only 8 teams i think. so those championships were stacked in his favor by a longshot

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Quote Originally Posted by KalouKalou View Post
    Mourinho???? lol you can't be serious, maybe you're new watching soccer.
    Right...has he won any CL trophies after he won with Inter? He was in Real for 3 years, but never managed to win CL. Now he's in Chelsea and I don't expect him to win either. He has been one of the best in the business for years, but his time is up.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    Right...has he won any CL trophies after he won with Inter? He was in Real for 3 years, but never managed to win CL. Now he's in Chelsea and I don't expect him to win either. He has been one of the best in the business for years, but his time is up.
    Winning the UCL makes you a good/bad coach? There is a huge luck factor in winning that competition.

If he doesn't win the Premier League this year it has to be considered underachieving though yes. Not gonna happen though

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Winning the UCL makes you a good/bad coach? There is a huge luck factor in winning that competition.

If he doesn't win the Premier League this year it has to be considered underachieving though yes. Not gonna happen though
    Ok, let's put it this way. Real Madrid had pretty good players, when Mourinho took over and he didn't manage to win. CR7 is an elite player, Ozil, X.Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria, Ramos and Casillas are no scrubs and I could go on.
    I understand that he lost to Barcelona with Real Madrid in the 1/2 finals, but then the next season, he lost to Bayern after penalties and the next season to Borussia. I am not saying Bayern and Borussia were bad, but if 'The Special One' is so 'special', how does he manage to lose in 1/2 finals 3 years in a row? Like I said, I wouldn't say, that he's overrated years ago, but now I am 100% positive that's the case.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Mourinho was good at inter. Everywhere else it's just about buying the best players.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Belichek's winning percentage has actually gone up since Spygate (wins over 75% of his games). Granted he hasn't won any Super Bowls, but that's not the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. No team in the last 10 years has repeated. The Patriots lost twice to Eli since then, both times by "acts of God" (see Tyree catch). It's lazy to include him on the list in this thread. The guy has won a ridiculous amount of football games with questionable talent/waiver wire starters/practice squad nobodies. He is without question a phenomenal football coach, a certain hall-of-famer, and probably the greatest of all time. There is not one person in the NFL world who would use the word overrated when describing Bill B.
    Cleveland fans might.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I never said Jackson created the offense. Just perfected it.

Doug Collins had MJ and Pippen too. Del Harris had Kobe, Shaq, DFish and Rodman. That's a former Coach of the Year and a guy who still gets hired to coach today. Neither one of them won anything with those teams. So there goes that argument.

Jackson went to teams that already had talent but couldn't win championships and turned them into dynasties. Under some people's definition, unless you purposely go to a horrible team and make them legendary, you're "overrated". So if Steve Kerr turns Golden State into a dynasty someday, it's not that impressive since he didn't choose to try and do it with the Orlando Magic? Got it.

I love how people make up these alternate scenarios and act like they know what the outcome would be. You have no idea what would have happened if Phil would have coached elsewhere. You can only avoid facts for so long.
    I don't believe Phil Is overrated, but the Bulls were in the ecf the year before his arrival. Doug Collins would have won had he not been fired. Would he have won as many? Who knows.... those who ask what Phil did without mj? Qwl he was a horse shit call away from going back to the finals without mj.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

It's impossible to separate coaches and players

All great teams had great players and a great coach

Both make the other better but that does not diminish in the least eithers legacy

Some guy says "Oh, Phil Jackson was overrated because he had Jordan, Shaq and Kobe" and the next guy says "Oh, Jordan, Shaq and Kobe are overrated because they had Phil Jackson"

It is also a bit comical that some fairweather fans try and create a rational argument why a guy like Phil Jackson is overrated. Cracks me the fukk up. Like anyone on here has the understanding to say any pro coach is overrated. We're a bunch of fans and degens that don't know the first thing about being a pro coach nor what it takes to make it.

Everyone can have their opinion of course but please understand that it truly is based on ignorance.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Phil won 55 or 57 games and went to second round of playoffs without mj. All he had was pippen and a bunch of second tier players.

phil is a great great coach

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Cleveland fans might.
    Cleveland fans, who gives a fuk about cleveland fans

Who would really wanna coach in cleveland

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Pete Carroll
    That is well predicted before Pete Carroll's 2nd and stupid.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Ditka !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Rivers
    Bobby Cox
    Last edited by goldengreek; 02-03-15 at 09:03 PM.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    Ditka !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Rivers
    Bobby Cox

Not Doc. No way.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Hack Brown

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Doc Rivers

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Lets all be honest with each other. It's the player(s) that make the coach.
    Last edited by Slanina; 02-04-15 at 04:19 AM.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

gotta agree with Nick Saban to an extent

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bill Belicheck and Pete Carroll

Dead Heat

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Bobbby Cox easily.

No coach has ever done less with more talent.

First 123