BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Anyone else pissed they have to take Geno and the Jets on MNF?

I am going to take 7 points and probably watch Geno throw 2 picks and fumble a minimum of 2 times as well.
    This team is an absolute laughing stock.

But you know what? Jets are gonna somehow keep this game close and possibly win it.

It's automatic taking a TD on Monday Night at home I would guess. Isn't it?

The Jets will somehow find a way to make this game competitive. I guess the defense is going to have to step up and make something happen (With possibly the worst secondary in the NFL).

It's not so much the Jets should be bet getting a TD at home, but I don't respect Miami enough to where they should be laying a td on the road.

Jets fly tonight.

JETS +7 +260

BOL guys.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

Tough to lay +7 or more on the road regardless of who your playing, just ask the Chiefs from last week's game at OAKLAND. GL

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I hate letting MNF slide without a wager, but I have many of the same thoughts about this game. Miami is in a perfect 'let down' spot in this game, even though it is a MNF game they are expected to win handily, and I don't think they play as well in those spots.

Jets +7 or no play for me, and nothing more than a unit.

GL BBN.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I know it's player versus player and the bookie is, in essence, a middle man but the house takes risk too.

The single biggest advantage the player has over the bookie is his ability to pass. With few exceptions, the book plays all the games.

Many bettors do not know of or drastically underestimate the sharpness of this edge when applied throughout the season. We all want more winners, but sometimes a few less loses can make that difference.

Points Awarded:

BayArea888 gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

saints1856 gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

steady hustlin gave KVB 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

survive gave KVB 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BayArea888, POOLSIDE, and boondoggle

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I know it's player versus player and the bookie is, in essence, a middle man but the house takes risk too.

The single biggest advantage the player has over the bookie is his ability to pass. With few exceptions, the book plays all the games.

Many bettors do not know of or drastically underestimate the sharpness of this edge when applied throughout the season. We all want more winners, but sometimes a few less loses can make that difference.

Wise words

OMGChoGath
    OMGChoGath's Avatar Become A Pro!

will prob take the +7 on a small bet. Miami is overrated but the Jets fukkin blow

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

It's not the greatest of matchups for prime time tv

Just can't lay the fish giving up 7!

Jets are terrible agreed but surely they can keep it tight in a low scoring game

Gl Benny

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Question. If Smith throws a few Ints and Vick gets hurt do the jets still have a proper 3rd string QB on the roster?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Geno Smith.
    Much easier to fade Smith when he is QB.

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

they have Simms. But he is excatly what he is... a 3rd stringer.
    Miami went into Denver and strangled them a bit. Blew the lead okay, but cant see Geno and co. generating a 21 point combeack. Gina is always reliable for 1-2 picks. Problem with the jets is they have a good defense which stops opponents on 1st and 2nd downs but than completely collapses on 3rd downs and gives up huge plays.
    Havent seen much Miami love on the forum so Ill take them

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by 16kredit View Post
    Miami went into Denver and strangled them a bit. Blew the lead okay, but cant see Geno and co. generating a 21 point combeack. Gina is always reliable for 1-2 picks. Problem with the jets is they have a good defense which stops opponents on 1st and 2nd downs but than completely collapses on 3rd downs and gives up huge plays.
    Ah Ok, I mistakenly thought they had let him go.
    Thank you

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

under

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Dolphins are the play at the right price. I saw 4.5 yesterday. If its been bet up to 7 I have to pass.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

great post.

only reason why Jets would cover tonight is if this game is fixed. Litterally no chance whatsoever that any team looks ahead of another team on MNF.

Only angle i can see to take Jets is the public team Broncos covered on SNF so the bookies are due to get that money back today. Broncos were the most heavily bet side of the day despite some people getting mind fukked into taking chiefs b/c of tracking line movement and the " win it for Berry angle"

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Jets defense is good enough to keep the game close.
    The Tannenhill offense scares nobody.
    Jets have 3rd best run defense.

Know this though, Fish have 4th best pass defense in NFL, Jets are going to need big games from Ivory and CJ

Total looks like a gift at 41.5 (under)

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Geno Smith is not good enough to keep this game close without help from the zebras.

Wouldnt be shocked if Vick is back in by half time.

Jets / Raiders/ Panthers should be on everybodys fade list the rest of the season.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Broncos covered on SNF so the bookies are due to get that money back today. Broncos were the most heavily bet side of the day despite some people getting mind fukked into taking chiefs b/c of tracking line movement and the " win it for Berry angle"
    Public got buried on the overs of the two 'high profile' games too. (Pats and Bronco games)
    I ran into Buzzy the local at the sports bar last night about 8:45 pm, I asked him how he was doing, he told me in his raspy voice
    "Billy, (my real name) 80 percent of the phone calls were 'over' Pats game, stopped taking calls about 20 minutes ago, I got about about 5500 action on over Broncos and about 1300 on the under."

I asked him if he was laying any of that off, he said "no"

Books know, tell me the better books don't know?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Public got buried on the overs of the two 'high profile' games too. (Pats and Bronco games)
    I ran into Buzzy the local at the sports bar last night about 8:45 pm, I asked him how he was doing, he told me in his raspy voice
    "Billy, (my real name) 80 percent of the phone calls were 'over' Pats game, stopped taking calls about 20 minutes ago, I got about about 5500 action on over Broncos and about 1300 on the under."

I asked him if he was laying any of that off, he said "no"

Books know, tell me the better books don't know?

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Bear if you dont know what hes talking about while spending 24 hours a day on a gambling forum, you never will.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by 16kredit View Post
    This is because they have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL, but the worst secondary.
    The Jets really are not that bad a team. NO QB's and no CB's.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I took Miami

Black QB's just fukkin lose 80% of the time

If Gino beats me he beats me

BennyBigNuts

LOL, I read this n realized that my original post made it sound like I just want action, but I really do like the Jets in this game.
    Monday night, old rivalry, big home dog. Easy play.
    It's the worst having to watch Geno, but the Jets should be in this game.
    Hopefully Wigs comes up with a few plays to help that offense not have to make Geno win it with his arm, and the defense keeps them in it.
    Jets are definitely the play tonight, I just can't stand watching the product they are putting out on the field this year.

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

The Jets have only kept it within 7 pts three times this season. Fins or pass for me. I can't put money on this garbage fkn team.

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

Old rivalry? like the buffalo vs jets? swept them easy and look at who is the QB of bills.
    Wilkerson (the heart of that Dline) and Amaro are both out. Not sure Jets will be able to put pressure on Tannehill.
    Another view is that last season the Jets ruined Miami's wildcard option with their last game(which did not mean anything for the Jets as they were out). Revenge angle any1?

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

you are on the same side with lakerboy and wizzledick ... good luck benny

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

WNT - for me !!

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Why do people sill think jets have a good defence? This isn't 2008 or whenever when jets were dominant

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Uh.. I wasnt aware it was Jets or no play.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Why do people sill think jets have a good defence? This isn't 2008 or whenever when jets were dominant
    You are correct, the Jets were one of the best defenses back then.
    It's easy to look up some stats and say the Jets defense is bad now.
    You have to actually watch the games to understand it's not their fault though.
    Your defense can only do so much when your offense turns it over 4-5 times a game and gives your opponent great field position so often.
    Jets have a top 3 defensive line. You aren't gonna run on them.
    The corners n safeties are absolutely terrible.

Trep
    Trep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2842

Geno Smith will throw a pick 6 with like 30 seconds left to screw the cover....

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    You are correct, the Jets were one of the best defenses back then.
    It's easy to look up some stats and say the Jets defense is bad now.
    You have to actually watch the games to understand it's not their fault though.
    Your defense can only do so much when your offense turns it over 4-5 times a game and gives your opponent great field position so often.
    Jets have a top 3 defensive line. You aren't gonna run on them.
    The corners n safeties are absolutely terrible.
    exactly .. especially when your offense turns the ball over on your own side of the field .. idc what defense you have, if you turn the ball over you are going to lose

giants vs san fran 2 weeks ago or whenever it was... giants turned the ball over 5 or 6 times and barely lost ..

their defense could only do so much

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I took Miami

Black QB's just fukkin lose 80% of the time

If Gino beats me he beats me
    I feel sorry for your mother

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    I feel sorry for your mother
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit, and swag1982

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    you are on the same side with lakerboy and wizzledick ... good luck benny
    lmao

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

+260?