daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Bo Pelini fired

Nebraska fires head coach Bo Pelini
    Nebraska has fired head coach Bo Pelini, effective immediately.
    He had been with the school since 2008. Nebraska finished the season 9-3 and are bowl eligible, but Pelini will not be a part of it. The Cornhuskers did lose two of their last three and barely beat Iowa in the final game. Nebraska is a very favorable head coaching job and have recently produced talent like Ndamukong Suh, Prince Amukamara, Lavonte David, Ameer Abdullah and Randy Gregory. Pelini has a defensive background and could land a coordinator position this offseason. The real question is, what will happen to Faux Pelini?
    Source: Nebraska Football on Twitter Nov 30 - 10:51 AM

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

His departure speech would be cool to listen to....

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Ask Florida and Michigan how much they would like to have a coach who gets at least 9 wins every season guaranteed

Dumbfukks

Who are they going to get that is better? Its fukking Nebraska and it is 2014, not 1990

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post

Who are they going to get that is better?

Dr. Tom is only 77 years old

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bad move

Nebraska's been good under him

They are not beating S EC teams no matter who coaches

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

come to illinois BO!

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

E Vincent
    E Vincent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

thought that win may have saved him

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    come to illinois BO!
    They beat Georgia in their bowl game last year. But tell me another one.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Nebraska boring and flat. The women are large farm girls and everything is plain and vanilla. Summers are hot as balls and the winters are cold and miserable. You'd have to pay me NFL money to live there.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Ask Florida and Michigan how much they would like to have a coach who gets at least 9 wins every season guaranteed

Dumbfukks

Who are they going to get that is better? Its fukking Nebraska and it is 2014, not 1990
    Agree. They, and Notre Dame, actually believe they are still perennial top tier national programs. Might show up high in the rankings every few years, but consistently challenging for the national championship is long gone. Bad move.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Dumbfukks

Keep hearing the specious "9 wins" defense of this guy. Sorry but the 3 or 4 automatic wins he got every year with the Huskers perennial cupcake non conference schedule don't count. He beat Florida Atlantic, McNeese State (barely), Fresno State. Throw in Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue and Northwestern...underwhelming. And of course the annual drubbings by legitimate teams. Hardly a resume to proud of.

He should have been fired after last season when he dared the AD to fire him. Perfect opportunity to get rid of the unstable and mediocre coach but instead the idiot AD gives him an extension. Now this. Lots of dysfunction and incompetence going on at NU right now. Time to break it down and start anew.

It will be fun to watch how many "name" coaches turn the job down.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bad move

Nebraska's been good under him

They are not beating S EC teams no matter who coaches
    You obviously are clueless regarding the Nebraska fan base. It was a move that was inevitable and needed to be made.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    They beat Georgia in their bowl game last year. But tell me another one.
    An injury depleted Georgia team and barely beat them at that. There are no other "signature wins" for Pelini and too many "big" game drubbings to list.

James Marques

I'm not defending the guy. The fans hate him, fire him. I get it. But a big name coach won't take that job knowing 9 wins could get him fired.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i thought this was going to happen last year, kind of surprised it came now, i thought he was safe after the nice comeback win friday

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Dumbfukks

I'm surprised at this as well. All the guy does is win. 9-3 No good? 75% winning percentage no good?

Something was said behind the scenes....

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

it was as much to do with his personality as his record, like other guys said nebraska had numerous terrible showings in big games, but their days as a big time program are long gone

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i bet they go after scott frost, former nebraska player, even though hes pretty young (OC at oregon), seems like a school who wants "one of their own"

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

it's weird because they absolutely destroy lesser teams. but they tend to get destroyed by better ones. i felt like this year's team was a little better than the martinez-led teams of the last four years, but i guess that's beside the point now.

James Marques

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i bet they go after scott frost, former nebraska player, even though hes pretty young (OC at oregon), seems like a school who wants "one of their own"
    No offense but I don't think they will hire a coordinator. They are gonna want a guy with HC experience. I think Willie Fritz from Georgia Southern is a good hire. Runs a more up-to-date version of the triple option... Nebraska fans will dig that.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    No offense but I don't think they will hire a coordinator. They are gonna want a guy with HC experience. I think Willie Fritz from Georgia Southern is a good hire. Runs a more up-to-date version of the triple option... Nebraska fans will dig that.
    Can't see them going with Frost either, too big of a stage for someone with no head coaching experience who is that young (39 yrs. old). Willie Fritz came to my mind also. I suspect that they already have their guy....AD stated at the presser that no search committee would be convened...that tells me they have their coach and just need to work out the details or hold off on the announcement for per request of the individual to be hired.

Pat Narduzzi Michigan State's Defensive Coordinator and Tom Herman Ohio State's Offensive Coordinator are also names I am hearing. Even Mark Richt Georgia's Head Coach who grew up a Cornhusker fan and whose family is from Omaha is not beyond the realm of possibility.

All I ask is please don't let it be Houston Nutt or Greg Schiano!
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-01-14 at 06:09 PM.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    ... tho I woulda voted Lawrence Phillips for Zellweger just for shits & giggles