daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Committee already setting up Ohio State for a jump into the top 4

Minnesota was 25 two weeks ago, lost and didn't budge. Probably first time in the history of polls that happened. Then they squeak by a mediocre Nebraska squad and get launched up 7 spots past Ole Miss & Oklahoma? Get out of here.

Now Minnesota plays Wisconsin for the right to play Ohio State. Winner of the brown jug will get propelled near top 10 status for the Ohio State game. If things hold serve, Ohio State is going to stay ahead of Baylor and leap frog TCU & Miss St.

Just wait for it...it's going to happen.

RumTum
    RumTum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1483

I agree with what you're saying. As an Ohio State fan I want it to happen though ha... It would make a pretty interesting matchup with Alabama in the first game. What a crazy year of football.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 275256

i as a gopher fan noticed that and did shake my head a bit.......

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Ohio State just jumped from 8 to1 to 5 to 1 at most books to take home the trophy

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

hope they do. I will slam aaaaallllllaaabamaaaa against the suckeyes

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Well tcu and miss state are both going to lose this week so it makes the leap even easier
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave goduke 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

TCU beat Minnesota 30-7, and is still ranked ahead of Ohio St....... not sure this argument holds a lot of water. Im an OSU fan and I think Buckeyes are gonna leap TCU even if they win out, and itll be close between Miss St and Bucks for #4 seed. Minnesota isn't the final straw here, lmao. If you wanna say the committee is setting up Mississippi State to get leaped over by someone else then Im all ears, but it's not a conspiracy to get Ohio State in the playoffs, more of a conspiracy to keep Mississippi State out.
    Last edited by STAX; 11-26-14 at 06:47 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Not like Baylor or TCU are a draw. Too much politics involved and conference with the least pull now that Texas and OU are out is the big 12. Plus they have no title game so the committee could send a message.

And before anyone gets their knickers in a wad, I think ohio state should be in there, but the sec champ in there too unless it's Missouri

i think the committee does too, but needs a way to justify it
    Last edited by daneblazer; 11-26-14 at 07:14 PM.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Well tcu and miss state are both going to lose this week so it makes the leap even easier
    And Florida State loses to the Gators This is me dreaming of course....but hope is alive!

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

They deserve it.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Is this all politics?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

hold the phone blazer

let them win out 1st

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

i think the committee does too, but needs a way to justify it
    I just dont see why overranking Minnesota justifies moving the Buckeyes up 2 spots... A team (TCU) currently ahead of Ohio St beat Minnesota worse the the Buckeyes did... If anything it just proves they do not want Mississippi State in there.

Heres a question, if Mississippi State was LSU, would Mininesota be overranked? Probably not

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post

Heres a question, if Mississippi State was LSU, would Mininesota be overranked? Probably not

Mississippi State could be Valdosta State or the Chicago Bears and Minnesota would be over ranked

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Who wants to see #1 Alabama play #4 Ohio St? It will be a 3 TD victory for Bama. The defense will destroy that chubby rookie QB.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Mississippi State could be Valdosta State or the Chicago Bears and Minnesota would be over ranked
    So what exactly is your point in this thread? You say Minny being overranked is to justify a future move up of Ohio State, but you fail to address that a team ranked ahead of Ohio State beat Minny worse than the Bucks did.