Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Any possible way Ole Miss beats Miss State?

Coming off a 30-0 loss.....

Line is only +2.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

What a trappy line...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Already threads on this Bear if you want to see what others think, I think many feel State takes it. They were smart opening at -1, getting money to no doubt move this to -3 eventually, even since Ole Miss' playoff hopes are gone, I guess one has to think they still will be up for this game and wanting to spoil State's chances, I can see sharps taking Ole Miss at the highest possible number.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Sorry pal didn't see any other threads on the subject. Bunch of bullshit E-Wars and racial threads clogging up this site.

just trying to get str8 to the point... I feel like if miss state were the play line would have opened at -4.5

Team A coming off 51-0 win

Team B coming off 30-0 loss and it opens as a pick'em.

shit is intriguing to me. I know the posters at SBR could put together a team that could challenge Vandy so I don't really give State any credit for that W.

but I guess the big question is can Ole Miss fix whatever went wrong last week?

i did not catch the game but I was surprised to see the 30-0 box score.

jtoler

I wonder what the weather will be like, wouldnt be surprised if its a wet game, just has that feel, probably muddy even.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Sorry pal didn't see any other threads on the subject. Bunch of bullshit E-Wars and racial threads clogging up this site.

just trying to get str8 to the point... I feel like if miss state were the play line would have opened at -4.5

Team A coming off 51-0 win

Team B coming off 30-0 loss and it opens as a pick'em.

shit is intriguing to me. I know the posters at SBR could put together a team that could challenge Vandy so I don't really give State any credit for that W.

but I guess the big question is can Ole Miss fix whatever went wrong last week?

i did not catch the game but I was surprised to see the 30-0 box score.
    Exactly this ^^^. There is at least one line like this each week. No way do you open this at that number and think you will get money on the rebs. Time and time again this spells bad news...as in either ole miss wins outright or else it is a very tough win for msu. Can't find any other reason to take ole miss...so I will just watch with interest to see what happens. Don't really need a wager to make this one entertaining. Gl all who do bet it.

jtoler

Rebs have played a tougher schedule, hence the -1.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    Exactly this ^^^. There is at least one line like this each week. No way do you open this at that number and think you will get money on the rebs. Time and time again this spells bad news...as in either ole miss wins outright or else it is a very tough win for msu. Can't find any other reason to take ole miss...so I will just watch with interest to see what happens. Don't really need a wager to make this one entertaining. Gl all who do bet it.
    +1
    precisely the game where you DONT BET. have some discipline.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

big time rivalry game, not gonna see a big line when both teams are at least good... what happened last week or the entire year, doesnt really mean shit in these rivalry games. Was hoping Ole Miss would have been bigger dogs so I could have taken the ML... also Im an Ohio State fan, and getting +900 on Michigan? I dont give a fukk how bad Michigan is or how good Ohio State is, getting +900 is seriously a gift from god.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Anyone can beat anyone in the SEC unless your name is Vanderbilt or Kentucky

jtoler

I predict itll get to -4.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Before the debacle in Arkansas, this line was projected to be about Ole Miss -3. If it gets to +4, Ole Miss seems like a gift

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bear I wonder why your broke

every point spread is 50% chance of winning

Once you learn that talk to me

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Ole Miss should be -3 to -3.5. MISS ST is the better team and is the play. Played Bama very tough.

jjgold

over looks easy

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Ole Miss should be -3 to -3.5. MISS ST is the better team and is the play. Played Bama very tough.
    No not really they were thoroughly dominated and sneaked a backdoor cover.

Ole Miss QB got banged up last game and looked rough. He is their entire offense. If he is not ready they are going to get creamed again.

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Ole Miss missing star receiver. Miss State needs this win bad to hold onto playoff spot. Don't see why Miss St isn't -3 or higher but I don't ask questions.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

You really think we could beat Vandy bear?

We could probably put together a 2000+ pound offensive line.

Zone blocking scheme probably out of the question...

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

Absolutely there is a chance and IMHO a pretty decent one considering the Rebels are the home team.

All those impressive top-10 wins MSU had all of a sudden aren't that impressive anymore. LSU and A&M are a joke and Auburn is decent but not really all that great. If you look at MSU's schedule you see they beat #8, #6 and #2 in 3 consecutive games. Unfortunately for them, those 3 teams are now unranked, unranked and #15.

boomer62

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    No not really they were thoroughly dominated and sneaked a backdoor cover.

Ole Miss QB got banged up last game and looked rough. He is their entire offense. If he is not ready they are going to get creamed again.
    I watched that game. MSU out gained Bama by over a hundred yards and moved the ball on them. They turned the ball over 3 times and had a few bad penalties but was in the game the whole way on the road. I was impressed by them and no doubt are the better team and Wallace has struggled at times. I like them and they are tough.

jtoler

I watched that game. MSU out gained Bama by over a hundred yards and moved the ball on them. They turned the ball over 3 times and had a few bad penalties but was in the game the whole way on the road. I was impressed by them and no doubt are the better team and Wallace has struggled at times. I like them and they are tough.
    What you saw was a mirage then bro, that game wasnt close, only thing that made it close was Bama plays like an NFL team in that I mean in the 2nd half late up 2 scores they will just run the ball and dont care about 3 and outs since they are playing against the clock at that point and know you need to score more than once. Getting yards in garbage time means nothing, State was dominated. Bama made it closer than it should have been and almost got caught.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-25-14 at 02:47 PM.

jtoler

Silly me, initially thought this was played in Starkville, this wont get to 4, it will probably get to 3 though, sharps will be on Ole Miss.

boomer62

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    What you saw was a mirage then bro, that game wasnt close, only thing that made it close was Bama plays like an NFL team in that I mean in the 2nd half late up 2 scores they will just run the ball and dont care about 3 and outs since they are playing against the clock at that point and know you need to score more than once. Getting yards in garbage time means nothing, State was dominated. Bama made it closer than it should have been and almost got caught.
    Maybe we were watching different things but State moved the ball and had over 430 yards in Bama. They turned the ball over 3 times and had a few bad penalties. Bama made a few big plays and jumped on them early BUT they hung with them.
    With that being said they are Better then Ole Miss!

jtoler

Maybe we were watching different things but State moved the ball and had over 430 yards in Bama. They turned the ball over 3 times and had a few bad penalties. Bama made a few big plays and jumped on them early BUT they hung with them.
    Im gonna try to find it to watch the 2nd half again to see if they really imposed a threat or if Bama was laying back on coverage letting time pass, maybe I dont remember fully.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

I agree with Bo Wallace and his struggles and I also think Miss St is the better team.

But, the game vs Alabama was not close (19-3 @ half and 19-6 starting the 4th) and Prescott isn't good enough a passer to beat Alabama. They dared him to throw and throw he did over 40 times with 3 picks. He also ran for 82 yards which was impressive, but his inconsistent passing let them down.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

this year, hfa is closer to 6 in oxford than the "normal" 3 ... same in baton rouge, fayetteville and tuscaloosa... starkville runs around 4.5

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    this year, hfa is closer to 6 in oxford than the "normal" 3 ... same in baton rouge, fayetteville and tuscaloosa... starkville runs around 4.5
    home field worth 6 points in Oxford?

those fans that loud?

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

those fans that loud?
    That drunk.. Always been a top three party school. Holds 60k I think but when their all liquored up it seems like 85k..

jtoler

Watched 2nd half again State was able to move the ball. Untimely ints were their doom. When they cut it to 6 it was a game but Sims and Bama had a great drive.

boomer62

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Watched 2nd half again State was able to move the ball. Untimely ints were their doom. When they cut it to 6 it was a game but Sims and Bama had a great drive.
    You watched the tape? Thanks, good to know I wasn't seeing things. Bama jumped on them but they did show me toughness and competed very well to the end despite making a lot of mistakes. I also think Wallace is shaky and they also opened state up as the favorite. I like State here , just as long as they don't turn the ball over

jjgold

Mississippi's due to play a good game so I would think it's worth a little play

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

those fans that loud?
    home field advantage is mainly the fans subconsciously influencing the refs. if it was the noise then there wouldnt be any home advantage in the spreads for teams with small crowds. fans may pump u up but that also leads to more pressure and mistakes from trying too hard.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Yep many possible ways.

31-17, 37-27, 42-21,...

You get the idea Big Bear.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If Bo Wallace plays it won't be close. Bulldogs big.

jtoler

You watched the tape? Thanks, good to know I wasn't seeing things. Bama jumped on them but they did show me toughness and competed very well to the end despite making a lot of mistakes. I also think Wallace is shaky and they also opened state up as the favorite. I like State here , just as long as they don't turn the ball over
    Yep watched the tape again, I was flipping back and forth mainly keeping up with the score is why I didnt remember State moving the ball, they did better than I thought they did, receivers are better than I thought they were still not sure if their defense is average or above average though.

12 Last