1. #1
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    backdoor losses this weekend hurt

    Denver, Memphis, San Diego, Iowa state, and falcons under have me too anxious

  2. #2
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    A nervous breakdown waiting to happen

  3. #3
    scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-13
    Posts: 3,504

    Lolz.

    deep breath bro.

  4. #4
    Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-08
    Posts: 4,812
    Betpoints: 12872

    Tough beats, one and all. Don't know why but they all seem to go against ya. I also had Denver, SD, and Atl under. Ouch ouch ouch. At least I hit Wash.....which I was certain was gonna bite me in the arse.

  5. #5
    mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-02-14
    Posts: 3,646
    Betpoints: 410

    Can't b mad about the Denver beat considering they were given a gift cover to begin with

  6. #6
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    As bad as bleeding ulcers.

  7. #7
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    Can't b mad about the Denver beat considering they were given a gift cover to begin with
    It was 39-28 late. Yes I'm pissed. Dolphins weren't up 39-28 late. Backdoor cover not outright loss

  8. #8
    teasersrule
    swishers -300
    teasersrule's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-14
    Posts: 85
    Betpoints: 55

    do you have the ability to order a tasty pizza pie?

    a warm place to sleep?

    then you r alright

  9. #9
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by teasersrule View Post
    do you have the ability to order a tasty pizza pie?

    a warm place to sleep?

    then you r alright
    You are correct. It's a thin line between feast and famine. I'll be ok. Just venting

  10. #10
    Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-08
    Posts: 4,812
    Betpoints: 12872

    Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    It was 39-28 late. Yes I'm pissed. Dolphins weren't up 39-28 late. Backdoor cover not outright loss
    How about that gutless Bronco RB who could've run for a TD with under a minute left, but took a knee so the Coach would give him a pat on the butt.....! I've never seen a RB who's instinct wasn't to score when he had the chance.

  11. #11
    teasersrule
    swishers -300
    teasersrule's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-14
    Posts: 85
    Betpoints: 55

    a pepperoni pie and a good nights sleep and any gambling losses wouldn't affect me

    its all about paying for good entertainment

  12. #12
    mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-02-14
    Posts: 3,646
    Betpoints: 410

    Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    It was 39-28 late. Yes I'm pissed. Dolphins weren't up 39-28 late. Backdoor cover not outright loss
    It was 28-17 going into fourth in favor of dolphins, only person who should b pissed if they lost were dolphin backers on the spread. Denver had to score 3 touchdowns without dolphins scoring in fourth quarter tto cover. As I said, they had no business covering
    Last edited by mcdonae101; 11-23-14 at 09:04 PM.

  13. #13
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 22,553
    Betpoints: 233

    I was on the receiving end of two delicious backdoors today.




  14. #14
    slo mo
    slo mo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-03-14
    Posts: 338
    Betpoints: 965

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    How about that gutless Bronco RB who could've run for a TD with under a minute left, but took a knee so the Coach would give him a pat on the butt.....! I've never seen a RB who's instinct wasn't to score when he had the chance.
    Yeah I think I barfed in my mouth and then swallowed it when so that tall order of horse shit! Even Peyton walked up to him and was like WTF???

  15. #15
    teasersrule
    swishers -300
    teasersrule's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-14
    Posts: 85
    Betpoints: 55

    honestly he had 2 defenders in front of him. he would have been taken down around the 6

  16. #16
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    It was 28-17 going into fourth in favor of dolphins, only person who should b pissed if they lost were dolphin backers on the spread. Denver had to score 3 touchdowns without dolphins scoring in fourth quarter tto cover. As I said, they had no business covering
    There is no reason whatsoever for a dolphins backer to be pissed about covering that spread.

  17. #17
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    There aee winners also with the back door covers and it all evens out long-term

  18. #18
    irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-22-08
    Posts: 605
    Betpoints: 1654

    Sometimes bettors don't really see the game for what it is. I am guilty too. Texas Tech did not back door Iowa St. In fact I am shocked it wasn't a 10 point game

  19. #19
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by irishstuey View Post
    Sometimes bettors don't really see the game for what it is. I am guilty too. Texas Tech did not back door Iowa St. In fact I am shocked it wasn't a 10 point game
    Iowa State was up 10 points in that game at one point. There last drive ended with the qb sliding on fourth down instead of bowling someone over. Iowa State was at home with momentum with Tech about to punt then they execute a perfect fake punt and the rest is history.

  20. #20
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    There aee winners also with the back door covers and it all evens out long-term
    They don't even out. It's why Vegas looks like Vegas, not bombed out Beirut.

  21. #21
    irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-22-08
    Posts: 605
    Betpoints: 1654

    Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Iowa State was up 10 points in that game at one point. There last drive ended with the qb sliding on fourth down instead of bowling someone over. Iowa State was at home with momentum with Tech about to punt then they execute a perfect fake punt and the rest is history.
    At one point tech was up 14. Tech had the lead in the fourth quarter. Ia St scored early fourth. Tech scored late, but not at the end. Ia St had a shot. Tech outgained IA st and had an additional turnover.

  22. #22
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Its part of the game men

    stop crying or quit gambling

  23. #23
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Its part of the game men

    stop crying or quit gambling

    Just venting. I just happened to witness these losses this weekend. I have bad beats EVERY. week. This week it just boiled over. I'm already giddy to go again next week. Win or lose.

  24. #24
    chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-14-13
    Posts: 564
    Betpoints: 505

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    How about that gutless Bronco RB who could've run for a TD with under a minute left, but took a knee so the Coach would give him a pat on the butt.....! I've never seen a RB who's instinct wasn't to score when he had the chance.
    I had Denver also...but, I've never understood players doing this when the touchdown puts you up by more than 8 points.

  25. #25
    shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-15-07
    Posts: 18,146
    Betpoints: 101

    Denver hurt me

  26. #26
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Denver hurt me
    It's amazing that some think Denver should not having covered when they were up 39-28 late.

  27. #27
    newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-27-09
    Posts: 6,117
    Betpoints: 6781

    San Fran got me. Defender picks it off with no one in front of him for the pick six and runs the other way. Seemed a little fishy to me but I didn't deserve that win anyways.

  28. #28
    I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-26-11
    Posts: 7,926

    Maybe the best thing is to make your wagers and don't watch. Check for the final in four hours.

  29. #29
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Maybe the best thing is to make your wagers and don't watch. Check for the final in four hours.
    Will it hurt less?

  30. #30
    mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-02-14
    Posts: 3,646
    Betpoints: 410

    Quote Originally Posted by chalk46 View Post
    I had Denver also...but, I've never understood players doing this when the touchdown puts you up by more than 8 points.
    Because then the other team has a chance. Even if 30 seconds left. Denver kicks ball off and Miami runs it back, then recovers onside kick. Who knows, but by not getting the td Miami had absolutely 0 chance since Denver can kneel it

  31. #31
    I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-26-11
    Posts: 7,926

    Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Will it hurt less?
    You will get past loses quickly. Especially if you don't know the exacts of how the bet was lost. You move on.

    I do it all the time. Many times, it cuz I don't have control of the media at that time..

  32. #32
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,559
    Betpoints: 9144

    Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    You will get past loses quickly. Especially if you don't know the exacts of how the bet was lost. You move on.

    I do it all the time. Many times, it cuz I don't have control of the media at that time..
    I will just deal with having a nervous breakdown. I'm not giving up my betbud app. Lol

  33. #33
    Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-09-09
    Posts: 50,391
    Betpoints: 1503


Top