CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Louisville vs Notre Dame

Have not done any cappin yet but at 1st glance this looks like a good spot for the Ville , has two weeks to prep and a very good team. And a good spot to bet against ND, loosing 3 of last 4 can not be happy about bowl possibilities. What are you guys thinking. ????????????

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Notre Dame will be facing a very physical defense. Prepare to get smacked in the mouth.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Cardinals ml

Who's is going to stop Parker

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Cardinals ml

Who's is going to stop Parker
    Yes, also Iam thinking about selling points, maybe Ville -2.5 and get plus $ $ $
    Points Awarded:

SBR Forum gave CappinTerp 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Forum

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Louisville here

ND is basically doen

TDKJET1717
    TDKJET1717's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Autover

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Golden Domers still might be kickin dirt from the news earlier in the week they ain't ranked no more.

Also, that coach is prolly doing a worse job with the team. They seem to be crapping out in all phases. That future phenom freshman defense has gotten worse against weaker talent as the season has gone along. The last 3 or 4 weeks has been horrid. I think the coach should spent less time gaining weight, combing his hair, ripping his quarterback, and going for two when he shouldn't, and more time coaching up his Irish creatures. I hope they get destroyed ......again

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

It'll be interesting to see if ND has thrown in the towel. I don't trust Kelly to inspire this team. Ville ML is the play. Waiting on total

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

I'm on Louisville. Much better defensively, much better coach, and NDU's season has crapped out after losing that heart breaker to FSU

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

football or basketball?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

ND is the play; they'll win by a TD.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

So all you Louisville backers just gonna gloss over the fact that Gardner's out?

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    So all you Louisville backers just gonna gloss over the fact that Gardner's out?
    He will be greatly missed...........wow.. a QB rating of 136.1 !!

Atreyu
    Atreyu's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesn't really matter. ND makes opponents QBs look like superstars.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

While Notre Dame's is banged up and stinks right now, their offense is really explosive. I think they had a letdown last week like Auburn did being eliminated from title contention and will bounce back. The best bets are always going against teams who get that 2nd loss and get knocked out of Championship contention.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Louisville + whatever I can get for the first quarter

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Louisville + whatever I can get for the first quarter
    That makes sense

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

betting this game is basically betting on if golson will shit the bed or not.

CappinTerp

Man Iam not so sure, for some reason I keep going back to the other side..............................maybe a pass for me. Something did just catch mt atten. about betting BC over FSU.......but have more work to do on that one!...............................gl

irishstuey

Back up is as good as the starter. He can also take off and run. See ND vs UNC.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    betting this game is basically betting on if golson will shit the bed or not.
    i vote not.

Golston is good its the defense that sucks.

I hate Notre Dame but i am tempted to play Notre Dame ML.

i think last week was a classic let down spot for ND. They just saw their playoff hopes go up in smoke and not to mention cross country travel and going from a game time temp of 87 in tempe to really cold in south bend

irishstuey

Golson has been a turnover machine against below average defenses. 12 ints last 7 games. I don't know exact number, but as many fumbles this year. Louisville is above average...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

true i havent watched him that closely but i have seen enough to know he is a great athlete and very capable.

ND should be extra focused and motivated here to stop the bleeding.

cane

Pinny and Cris both opened the game NDU -4.5, the line is now down to 3, apparently Gardner's loss is no big deal. The Cards win this one SU. Better coach, better defense, and the Irish have USC next week which is a big rivalry game for them

cane

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    Man Iam not so sure, for some reason I keep going back to the other side..............................maybe a pass for me. Something did just catch mt atten. about betting BC over FSU.......but have more work to do on that one!...............................gl
    BC is a great bet imo. They have a good enough running game to hang with FSU, and keeping it on the ground means they can shorten the game, keep the clock running, and the Noles are coming off that emotional last minute win at Miami, and they play the Gators next week in a look ahead rivalry game. Also, all FSU has to do is win to stay in the playoff picture, they don't need to blow teams out to impress the selection committee, as long as they just win and stay undefeated, they'll be among the top four teams at the end of the season. I see FSU grinding out a win by about 10-13

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Here are some good comments from Bleacher Report and AP:
    Once College Football Playoff contenders, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish are now tasked with picking up the pieces against a game Louisville Cardinals team hungry to put an emphatic end to Brain Kelly's team.
    A defensive collapse and the usual untimely turnovers have birthed a two-game losing streak for the Fighting Irish, the most recent being a dumbfounding overtime loss to 4-6 Northwestern.
    The Cardinals enter freshly rested after a bye week and were last seen upending Boston College, 38-19. One of the league's best defenses and explosive wide receivers create a talented Louisville attack even teams such as Florida State have struggled with this season.

That would be all Notre Dame has left at this point.

About a month ago the Fighting Irish were 6-0 and had the globe whispering about a CFP berth, even if a meeting with the Seminoles went bad—which it did, a 31-27 loss that started the serious downward spiral for the program.

It is quite easy to point the finger at senior quarterback Everett Golson. He has completed 60.7 percent of his passes this year for 3,044 yards but has thrown 27 touchdowns to 12 interceptions with a number of costly sacks and fumbles to boot.

In the four-game span that began with the loss to Florida State, Golson has thrown eight interceptions. The blame was shared last week, though, as missed field goals and assignments, silly flags and more created one of the worst losses in recent memory for the program.

CARDS DEFENSE:

Saturday is a way for Notre Dame to get back on track, but habitual, season-long errors have placed the Irish at a serious disadvantage against a Cardinals defense that ranks 10th in the nation with just 17.8 points allowed per game on average.

Overcoming Injuries QB's:

Louisville has had plenty of time to prepare for this encounter but will do so without starting quarterback Will Gardner, who was lost for the season a few weeks back.

If the Cardinals are to take down the Fighting Irish to grab a marquee win, they will do so behind the arm of freshman Reggie Bonnafon. Coach Bobby Petrino sounds calm with the shift under center, as captured by Jeff Greer of The Courier-Journal:

Bonnafon turned in some iffy performances earlier in the season in spot duty, but Petrino is right to point out that the backup completed 4-of-5 attempts against Boston College for 69 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

It helps, of course, that he has one of the nation's best wideouts in DeVante Parker. The senior has 25 catches for 490 yards and a score in just three games this season and will have few problems torching the Fighting Irish—his three games have read yardage totals of 132, 214 and 144.

ND Defense:
    Said Notre Dame defense certainly makes Bonnafon's job much easier. The unit allows an average of 27.1 points and has allowed 31 or more in each of its last five games. Add in potential mistakes by Golson and the offense, which will give the Cardinals even more time with the ball, and there is an obvious path to upset in South Bend.

When: Saturday, November 22, 3:30 p.m. ET

Where: Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana

Television: NBC

Betting Lines (via Odds Shark):
    •Over/Under: 52.5
    •Spread: Notre Dame (-3.5)
    Clearly the comments show that Notre dame will have to have some coaching innovation to control mistakes and fumbles and then they will easily cover. Louiville may not have balance and relies on def which won't work against the Irish. I look for ND to have a good performance and easily cover.

jjgold

Good write ups...

I think Louisville is just too strong and the defense will stop Notre Dame

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Louisville Fukin blows....Notre Dame by 10+

GT21Megatron

This is football not basketball

jjgold

This is basically Notre Dame season if they lose it was a massive failure

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Louisville Fukin blows....Notre Dame by 10+
    How does Louisville blow?

donkbetter
    donkbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1746

heres how they choke beating notre damea big deal, looking ahead to the goal post tear down( if at home) and not playing in the moment

CappinTerp

Cases can be made to bet Ville or ND, as in my 1st post I think it a major point that ND has to be demoralized because of bowl outlook. I really dislike ND but I can not seem to pull the trigger on this game. Many other opportunities out there....I will pass on this one....hope all turn a profit today................................... ...................gl

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    How does Louisville blow?
    Who have they beat?

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Who have they beat?
    Idk who they beat, but that doesnt mean they blow lol. They beat my Canes lol

12 Last