74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cancel all 11/20 tournament games

24 32.43%
  • Run as many tournaments as possible 11/20

50 67.57%
    SBR Douglas
    SBR Douglas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

SBR Poker Tournament Games on 11/20: Vote on what we should do?

I posted earlier tonight that we were updating poker's SSL. This process did not go as planned, and we are not sure what time the deploy will be made tomorrow. Moving parts make it so that we can't guarantee all 5 tourneys will be playable tomorrow.

So, should we NOT LIST the tournaments at all tomorrow, and make them up on the weekend.... Or should we list as many tournaments as possible, and only make up those that we missed. For example, if poker is operational at 12PM, should we list up the 3-7-9-11?

Tell us what you think please and vote in the poll.

P.S. If you want to play the ring games tomorrow, there is a chance you can log-in by changing your PC clock to 19/11/2014 or before. Sorry again all.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

So most likely only 1 tournament (the 10am) won't be listed? The weekend tourneys don't work for a lot of guys (including myself), so I think it makes more sense not to cancel all the dailies tomorrow.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Rigggeeedddd!!!! Obviously

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

run them

nice work doug

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2083

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Rigggeeedddd!!!! Obviously
    Hey damn it! That's my line!

mikejamm

Just cancel all tourneys for 11/20 and have a make up Saturday. It would not be fair if you can only get certain tourneys listed for that day because of the update. Most of us can or like to play on Saturday, so why not make Saturday a regular weekday type tourney.

Plus, who knows what kind of shit might fuk up with this new update, if you can't guarantee all 5 tourneys will be playable tomorrow, then Saturday is the most fair option.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

It doesn't matter; Mike Jamm will just luckbox whatever tournament he is in on whatever day. Unreal riggage going on.
    Last edited by Jimmy Proffett; 11-19-14 at 08:12 PM. Reason: sarcasm for those not in the know :)

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I am sure any semi-competent IT guy can make the update of the SSL cert go smoothly. Just play the games. There will be less players able to play the weekend tourney.

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    It doesn't matter; Mike Jamm will just luckbox whatever tournament he is in on whatever day. Unreal riggage going on.
    Yeah, this coming from the biggest rag hand play'in donk on sbr.

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    I am sure any semi-competent IT guy can make the update of the SSL cert go smoothly. Just play the games. There will be less players able to play the weekend tourney.
    Famous last words.... smoothly.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1422

Weekend. A nice change.

troutsky
    Update your status
    troutsky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Run them when they're up. Don't cancel the whole day.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

cancel.................take me out of my misery

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

run em if only 1 is cancelled

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

no matter what you do, "newbies" will still win the tourney's, unless you intend to "fix"
    this.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Some people go and get ass on the weekend.

I only play later tourneys anyway. ..I guess list them and people who didn't get in can play this weekend

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2451

set up SBRPoker for mobile if you wanna run them on the weekend...I got a date with a bar stool. Bunch of shut-in broke dikk fukks playing sbr poker on the weekends

Fukkin sad man

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1365

don't cancel ,,weekend no good for me

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

if all cant be ran they all need to be cancelled.

some people voting for yes run them will be bitching when people that play today also sign up for the makeup tourneys on the weekend.

should they run and you can register for both, i plan on playing in both since alot of others probably will. this isnt the world cup for some poker points. its $5000 cash

the errors are here and known early, so cancel them unless you can make up saturday and not let people that played today not play saturday. so is that possible or not?

and if you aren't sure what can be done, then the whole day needs wiped out without a makeup. let the tourneys play that you can get to work but dont count towards final standings
    Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 11-20-14 at 08:54 AM.

Auto Donk

just so long as this guy doesn't sit next to me, I say run em..............

bobbywavesasshat.jpg

better sign up quick boys, only 80 of us get to play today by the looks of it so far.............

burrissa
    burrissa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1170

Play what you can today. Not that I'm a factor on the leader board but I work 12.5 hr shifts all weekend. If you cancel today I don't get to play at all.

zwoeins
    zwoeins's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7599

Why can't we get the 3pm tourney?
    I'm able to join the ringgames - so tourney should also work.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2451

looks like 9pm and 11pm tournys are posted....anyone taking action on these not working tonight? Like to get down on that. Thanks

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    looks like 9pm and 11pm tournys are posted....anyone taking action on these not working tonight? Like to get down on that. Thanks
    Post up & I'll take your measly 12pt action, so you have no pts left to register:

Working: -170
    Not working: +150

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Cancel is fair lol. 1 should start in 80min and is not posted sad :/

zjohnzzz
    zjohnzzz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12488

make up games tommorow please and thanks for the heads up

SBR Douglas

Hey all. Sorry for the tardy update, but a lot of irons in the fire here. We appreciate all of your feedback.

The 7PM tourney will be run alongside the 9pm and 11pm.

We still haven't performed our update which will require taking poker off-line, but will time it so it will not affect the rest of the schedule.

As for the 10AM and 3PM, we will make those up tomorrow at 11AM and 4PM. The "one per day" registration rule will be lifted, please don't abuse it and only register for two if youre a guy who normally plays the 10am and 3pm and couldnt today.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Douglas View Post
    Hey all. Sorry for the tardy update, but a lot of irons in the fire here. We appreciate all of your feedback.

The 7PM tourney will be run alongside the 9pm and 11pm.

We still haven't performed our update which will require taking poker off-line, but will time it so it will not affect the rest of the schedule.

As for the 10AM and 3PM, we will make those up tomorrow at 11AM and 4PM. The "one per day" registration rule will be lifted, please don't abuse it and only register for two if youre a guy who normally plays the 10am and 3pm and couldnt today.
    How do u plan on stopping this?

fair is to cancel it.

Why shouldn't I play in 2 if others do. This isn't a fukkin honor system

i know a few people that track all tourneys. Is it so hard for sbr to track all players today/tmw and make sure it's right and give the guilty parties a 600pt penalty

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

opening up a big time can of worms for guys playing all 7 tomorrow, eject them from the contest if they play more than 2. adding 2 tournaments is a good idea but it should be policed.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

rudys right this can be easily policed, i have to play at 10am tomorrow, ill be gone all day after that
    Last edited by thetrinity; 11-20-14 at 03:19 PM.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    rights rudy this can be easily policed, i have to play at 10am tomorrow, ill be gone all day after that
    I blame everyone saying schedule other tourneys and let these run today, knowing ppl will take advantage.

ofcourse it'll be abused. Of course sbr won't care. I missed out on Ryder cup, maybe by a 600pt cash that some abused on the last fukk up.

im not gonna fukkin just sit out tmw if others sign up

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    I blame everyone saying schedule other tourneys and let these run today, knowing ppl will take advantage.

ofcourse it'll be abused. Of course sbr won't care. I missed out on Ryder cup, maybe by a 600pt cash that some abused on the last fukk up.

im not gonna fukkin just sit out tmw if others sign up
    fuk it, i say let everyone play every day--every trny, sell points, pay off loans in cash, kill super users, buy points, bribe mods, and then just change the corrupt piece of shit's site to "Louisiana"

SBR Douglas

If we do it on the weekend, some people will be unable to make it. If we do it during the day with the "max of one per day" enforced, it is no different than not having a makeup, if we do it on a day after the qualification ends, the same people who didn't miss out in the first place for the two cancelled games and abuse the one per day feature would register anyways.

So, it is most true to form to make it up during the week day, at times very close to the 10am and 3pm, and everyone has the same advantage to play the extra game.

Good luck!!!!

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52313

Is this guaranteed to happen? I personally would rather play two of these tomorrow rather than one tonight and one tomorrow. But I sort of have a feeling that people will start abusing the 1/day limit and then SBR will pull the plug in some fashion (cancel the tourneys or put the 1/day limit back) which will then cheat people who choose to follow my plan out of one tourney.

And Rudy is right, you can be sure at least one person is going to abuse this, and I agree nothing is likely to happen to such folk. So in essence those who cheat will be rewarded with extra tourney(s) while those who are honorable about it will end up effectively being cheated since it will obviously hurt their chances of making the final 45 or whatever it is.

Surely there had to be a better solution than this? Any solution which comes with the caveat of telling the customers "please don't abuse this" - everyone has to know that isn't going to happen. Case in point, the recent scam people were pulling on WalMart to get the Playstation 4s for $99.

Is it really hard just to keep a record of exactly which players played in each tournament? Just do that, and anyone who plays in more than two collectively on Thursday and Friday should automatically be disqualified or penalized in some fashion. Surely that can't be that hard to check can it?

1234 ... Last